• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
collingwood-logo.jpg

Pick 18 – Isaac Quaynor
Small Defender

Quaynor is an outstanding young man both on and off the field, he is committed to the contest and to stopping his opponent but what stands out is his attack from defence where is effective by hand and foot and never fumbles. Quaynor i feel comes straight into Collingwood's side, thats how much i rate him and i feel he could have a debut season much like Andrew McGrath with both players having a similar style as defenders.

Pick 48 – Will Kelly
Key Defender/Forward

Kelly started the year as a forward before a move to defence in the national championships kept him down back for good, he was very solid especially with his rebounding ability which he used to effect in the TAC Cup. My queries on Kelly are his skills and decision making although not terrible i feel could be better, he has good hands and he moves well for his size and isnt afraid to run off his opponent. A no brainer bid for the Pies.

Pick 55 – Harry Reynolds
Medium Defender/Midfielder

Reynolds came from school football originally before being called up to play for Sandringham late in the year where he really impressed, he started in defence showing good touch and an ability to read the play but he would later move into the midfield and loom equally good. Reynolds has plenty of upside with his late arrival to the TAC system and light frame and i think Collingwood would be a good fit and have shown a liking to this type of player in recent drafts.

Pick 56 – Will Golds
Wingman

Golds is a hard running and elusive wingman who has good footy smarts and has been a consistent performer for Oakleigh this year and was rewarded with a National combine invite. This pick is a mix of best available and just to add to the list of Oakleigh players for Collingwood :p

Last edited:
1200px-Essendon_FC_logo.svg.png

Pick 36 – James Rowbottom
Inside Midfielder

Essendon will go best available with their first pick and i think that player is Rowbottom, Rowbottom adds a good mix to Essendon's young midfield. Clarke/Mynott/Mutch have been solid in the VFL but both lack that explosiveness out of the stoppages which is Rowbottom's bread and butter.

Pick 65 – Riley Bowman
Ruckman/Key Forward

Bombers need another ruck on the list and Bowman i feel is best available and he also has some upside, he was selected for the AFL Academy which shows that his talent was picked rather early, he can be pretty inconsistent but when he is on eh can be one of the most influential players on the ground.

Pick 87 – Ethan Hansen
Wingman/Flanker

Hansen is a player i haven't seen enough of but liked what i saw in the limited viewing, watched him play in the championships on wing where he showed alot of skill and speed and looked to have a bit of composure, my main query was how outside he looked but from what ive heard about his games in WA thats hardly an issue for him which is promising. I still feel Essendon could sue some more depth for outside types and a bit of class and Hansen fits the bill.

Last edited:
1200px-Fremantle_FC_logo.svg.png

Pick 16 – Liam Stocker
Inside Midfielder

Dockers take a former teammate of Andrew Brayshaw in both school and TAC football, i even got to watch Stocker and Cerra line up on each other in school football last year. Stocker is an impressive young man with leadership credentials and a great attitude, i feel there are no retention issues with this pick and i feel he improves the Fremantle midfield depth considerably next year where i expect him to start challenging for senior spots. With the loss of Neale the midfield has taken a hit but Stocker puts it back in the right direction.

Pick 35 – Sydney Stack
Small Midfielder

A case of best available and hometown factor Stack has had well documented off-field issues and some have said without them he even pushes into top 20 calculations, Freo will be hoping to get him on the right path because his talent is plainly there, he has a good mix of skill and toughness despite his lighter frame. Stack could play a range of positions and at worst provides handy depth in the coming years for Fremantle.

Pick 46 – Tom Sparrow
Inside Midfielder

Another player that is hard to rate, he certainly looks the part at times with his explosiveness from the contest and aggression but his kicking and decision making at times can leave alot to be desired. Sparrow has some upside which despite a few queries should see him being picked up in this range. A mix of best available and personal feel for how Fremantle will go, take the chance to really bolster that midfield.
Pick 64 – Damon Greaves
Medium Defender

Greaves was unlucky to cop an injury during the championships, he was pretty much playing the role Jordan Clark was and i thought he did a good job of it, he provided good rebound while also playing well one on one. Im hearing he could go earlier than here but my limited viewing of him has him in this range for my rankings. A case of best available and hometown factor here.

Last edited:

1200px-Geelong_Cats_logo.svg.png

Pick 14 – Xavier O’Halloran
Inside Midfielder

O'Halloran is an outstanding leader and has shown it at TAC level and at the National Championships, many consider Bailey Smith to be a good leader and O'Halloran pipped him for the Vic Metro captaincy to further shoe just hoe impressive this young man is. O'Halloran steps up when his team needs him most and his form as a forward in the champs showed he could also play that role well. Geelong have a knack of taking players that most Phantoms dont think of and i think O'Halloran fits that bill. I feel he starts up forward for Geelong before moving into the midfield once Ablett retires and Selwood is on his last legs.

Pick 51 – Tyrone Smallwood
Small Forward/Midfielder

Smallwood is one of the best kicks in this draft, fairly underrated for his form in both the National Championships and in WA he plays very similar to McHenry who like Smallwood isnt the quickest small forward but he likes to tackles and put on pressure and what Smallwood has that McHenry doesnt is an elite kick. Im not sure how much the lack of real speed effects Smallwood at AFL level but he certainly has the body type and skill to atleast be a good depth player in my opinion. Geelong want more defensive minded players and Smallwood fits the bill.

Pick 52 – Jacob Kennerley
Wingman

Kennerley left a bad impression on me fairly early on in one championships game where he berated a teammate for not hitting him up perfectly, he would go on to have a solid game but that initial impression wasnt a good one. As a player he is a good hard running wingman who covers the ground and uses the ball pretty well although not elite and he has proven to hit the scoreboard playing in SA in the under 18s. Geelong i feel could use some more gut running outside players and Kennerley could fight his way into the best 22 in the coming years.

Pick 69 – Oscar Brownless
Medium Utility

Brownless plays nothing like his old man playing in a range of positions over the past 2 years. This year he has spent most of his time in the midfield and up forward, he has an impressive highlight already from the National Championships. Despite the great goal his kicking lets him down in general play and he tests awfully slow over 20m. Brownless has a mix of positive and negative for his position and i feel a bid around this point is fair.

Last edited:
1200px-Gold_Coast_Suns_logo.svg.png

Pick 2 – Jack Lukosius
Key Forward/Defender

Lukosius is a special talent who can play well at either end and can makes the game look easy with his foot skills amongst the best in this draft and his set shot routine easily the best. He hasnt got the size to play as a contested marking option but he could easily play a role similar to Jack Gunston. All my top 10 picks for Gold Coast will be about making sure this kid never moves back to SA.

Pick 3 – Connor Rozee
Medium Midfielder/Utility

The best mate of Lukosius this pick is a no brainer for me, one of if not the best solution in keeping Lukosius and Rozee is a very talented player in his own right, named the best player in the National Carnival for under 16s playing as a midfielder and has since showed he can be a threat up forward and cause havoc with his leap and run coming from defence. I feel Rozee becomes a Robbie Gray style player once he builds his frame ad i expect him to play senior football anyway next year just on talent alone.

Pick 7 – Jackson Hately
Inside Midfielder

Personally i dont have him this high but its the piece of the puzzle to help keep Lukosius and Hately also fits the bill for Gold Coast in the position he plays and for the character he possesses. Hately has been a consistent ball winner and has managed to hit the scoreboard playing senior football in SA so he is another that is ready to go next year and getting 22 games into him, Rozee and Lukosius next year will go a long way to not only keeping them there but also forming an even stronger bond and a potential elite spine for the coming years.

Pick 29 – Ely Smith
Inside Midfielder

Retention again a feature and Smith fits alot of key criteria with his size, athletic attributes and of course best available. Smith is a pure contested inside mid who is a gun at stoppages with TAC clubs always looking to stop his influence. Smith has been sort of a bolter with his one and only Vic Country appearance really showing what he is capable off winning 30+ disposals in a dominant display as an inside midfielder. Lacks a bit of class and ability forward of centre but as a pure inside midfielder he is one of the best options especially at this range.

Pick 32 – Tom Berry
Inside Midfielder/Forward

Gold Coast the party poopers taking Berry the pick before Brisbane, not only do i feel his is best available but because his brother is in the same state you also have the retention factor. Berry started the year really well as a goal kicker playing mostly forward for the Rebels and for what ever reason was played down back in the Championships which is by far the worst spot to put him in my opinion. Berry is elite athletically and has a lot of upside despite a lack of skill and decision making, i feel he is high risk high reward at this range.

Last edited:
1200px-GWS_Giants_logo.svg.png

Pick 10 – Jye Caldwell
Inside Midfielder

Caldwell looks almost certain to go top 10, it was a hard choice between Smith and Caldwell but the fact GWS took Bonar last year who also had some injury history swayed me to Caldwell, he also has teammate Brent Daniels at the club already so he has a familiar face at the club. Caldwell now that his highlights have gone public is starting to get some well deserved recognition, his speed and skill along with his contested ability and leadership traits make him a sure bet top 10 talent, he is right up there with Paddy Dow and could be argued who is the better prospect of those 2 out of Bendigo.

Pick 13 – Riley Collier-Dawkins
Inside Midfielder

The upside is huge with this kid, ive been a fan of his since early last year, he impressed me through the midfield and his growth spurt has made him all the more attractive to clubs in this range. Like Bonar this is a high upside pick that i can see GWS really being attracted too. RCD has had issues win large amounts of the ball but anyone who has seen him live know the heavy rotations that Oakleigh have through the midfield and because of his height was forced to spend some time forward where although looking ok i dont believe is his best position and he can struggle there. His finals performances was a friendly reminder of his talent, there is many players his size that move the way he does through traffic.

Pick 23 – Sam Sturt
Medium Forward

Another high upside pick for GWS, Sturt plays alot like Demon Bailey Fritsch and i think he cold play equally well down back with his judgement in the air and athletic ability, he is also a very good left foot kick and can kick it a fair way. His defensive work i feel is inconsistent but considering where he is coming from its not surprising and can be worked on. I dont see Sturt making an impact early wiht his light frame but he should in time be a very handy addition to the GWS team and i wouldn't be surprised
if he starts down back.

Pick 31 – Ed McHenry
Small Forward/Midfielder

GWS took a similar type in Brent Daniels last year but McHenry offers just that little bit different to make him worthwhile for GWS here. Langdon and Greene have the goal sense and i think McHenry would bring the grunt and commitment that they lost with Smith's exit in 2016. McHenry is a great kid that will get the most out of himself and i think that would attract GWS especially here where i struggle to see him lasting much longer.

Pick 39 – Kieran Briggs
Ruckman

The big man Briggs is a big unit and knows how to use it, his tap work is the best in the draft and he can also go forward and have an impact. My query on him would be his lack of athleticism and i cant see much development left physically but Briggs could easily challenge for a spot in the ruck next year and it would be interesting to see how he fares against AFL level ruckman. This is a no brainer match for GWS.

Pick 75 – Lachlan Sholl
Medium Defender/Wingman

I was a big fan of Sholl after last year where he looked classy in defence with his kicking the best i saw in the TAC from a bottom ager, my hope was that he would move into the midfield this year but sadly he played exactly the same role which hurt his stocks imo, He has great composure and reads the game well and often makes good decisions, his size and contested ability need work and his speed i feel needs to improve to set him apart down back at the next level. Sholl should provide good depth for the GWS back line in the next few years and his character will also play a big part in him getting onto an AFL list.

Last edited:
1200px-Hawthorn-football-club-brand.svg.png

Pick 50 – Irving Mosquito
Small Forward

'Mozzie' is an exciting talent with his speed, goal sense and defensive pressure making him a complete package as a modern small forward, this is a no brainer bid for the Hawks with the loss of Cyril and mozzie shares similar traits with his ability to make a big impact without getting alot of the ball. I really rate his attitude and defensive running, he will chase and his tackling technique is also solid, he hasnt hit the scoreboard much this year but that will come at the next level i feel with a few pre-seasons.

Pick 58 – Zane Barzen
3rd Tall Forward

Barzen is a player i really liked last year with his marking and kicking inside 50 really standing out. This year i started to find some kinks in the amour mainly his contested side, often he looked hesitant to put his head over the ball and just grab the ball, that could come with added body size and confidence but its something he will need to improve to play AFL football. Barzen is a 3rd tall and in the modern game these players either have to be fitness freaks who get up the ground or can offer pressure aswell and Barzen has struggled in these areas. The talent is there and Hawks might the right team to bring it out of him.

Pick 92 – Durak Tucker
Medium Defender

Tucker impressed as a bottom ager playing for WA in the national championships and sadly injury effected him this year and he missed the champs. Tucker reads the play extremely well and is a good mark and leap for his size. he is in that in between size so its hard to say whether he will be suited to small or talls so he may just be stuck playing on the 3rd talls. Hawks arent afraid to pick kids with injuries in their draft year so i could see Tucker being to hard to pass on at this point.

Last edited:
Richmond-415x285.jpg

Pick 21 – Xavier Duursma
General Midfielder

Pick 40 – Jack Ross
Inside Midfielder

Pick 62 – James Jordan
Medium Defender/Midfielder

Pick 67 – Joe Ayton-Delaney
Small Defender

Last edited:
220px-Sydney_Swans_Logo.svg.png