Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For giggles and to keep Knightmare happy, you could move Riley Collier-Dawkins up to Collingwoods first pick, or Curtis Taylor.
It’s a tough pick at that point, all the good talls are taken. I went for Duursma because of the type of midfielder he is, I think he would complement the list pretty well. Taylor may be too close to Stephenson. Rowbottom might be another to look at.

If we were to get Jack Bytel with our 1st I'd be hoping we take Tom Berry with our 2nd, reckon Lewis and Bytel are too similar in game style, more speed and acceleration from the contest than Tom Lewis and more potent up forward....and that's not a knock on Lewis who I also rate.

D_P_S do you think Zac Foot could be one that rises up the rankings? From what I've seen of him live, he seems like the pacy X-Factor type that might have a few suitors in the top 25

If we were to get Jack Bytel with our 1st I'd be hoping we take Tom Berry with our 2nd, reckon Lewis and Bytel are too similar in game style, more speed and acceleration from the contest than Tom Lewis and more potent up forward....and that's not a knock on Lewis who I also rate.
Really like Tom Berry at GCS , since his bro already playing for Brisbane he won't feel homesick .

With the finalised squads here is my attempt at the best sides/what i expect the teams to be for Vic Country and Vic Metro

View attachment 505187
Based on the trials, I get the feeling Ash and Duursma may swap spots. Possibly BKing and Jeka too. Perhaps they'll start at one end and swap to the other if it isn't working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on the trials, I get the feeling Ash and Duursma may swap spots. Possibly BKing and Jeka too. Perhaps they'll start at one end and swap to the other if it isn't working.
Obviously Ben King back if they are struggling in the middle but with the depth that Metro has in its midfield it may not be an issue for them.

Yeah no doubt. Reckon Jeka starts back BKing forward and they swap if it isn’t going to plan.
Going to be some interesting match ups at Rams Arena tomorrow on paper, Curtis Taylor and Jack Bytel vs the returning Tom Berry and Charlie Wilson vs Lachlan Sholl for starters.

With the finalised squads here is my attempt at the best sides/what i expect the teams to be for Vic Country and Vic Metro

View attachment 505187
Not saying they're not good enough but don't think metro will play 6 bottom agers in the first game. Even though every side wants to win, these are still essentially showcase games for this years draft. Metro are traditionally pretty good at adhering to the wishes of the recruiters. On selection, I can't see Mackenzie being overlooked for a HB position. That being said, I've been wrong plenty of times before.

Buyer beware if you're an interstate club...;)

Interesting to hear him speak for the first time. I can comfortably predict that he'll never discover any great scientific breakthroughs in his life, and I did LOL at the "fend off like Dustin Martin" bit.

The real question about this angle is will Adelaide be able to facilitate the draft pick?

Last edited:
The indigenous lads are a bit different though, much bigger connection to family and homeland so already a massive flight risk.. see charlie cameron.

I’d say most clubs would see that interview above with Rankine and be very timid about a prospective future with him..

Nice use of escalating adjectives there.:thumbsu:

Not saying they're not good enough but don't think metro will play 6 bottom agers in the first game. Even though every side wants to win, these are still essentially showcase games for this years draft. Metro are traditionally pretty good at adhering to the wishes of the recruiters. On selection, I can't see Mackenzie being overlooked for a HB position. That being said, I've been wrong plenty of times before.
Could easily swap players like Williams for McKenzie and Mahony for Evans or Kennedy for Jeka. I just put those players against each other and see the bottom age players as the better prospects. If any bottom agers will play a majority it will be Anderson and Rowell who like Walsh last year can already hang with and beat most top age players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back