Universal Love Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to argue with most of what you say...
Nice effort. Geez some people take things way too serious. This is just a forum to share ideas but have come to the conclusion that there are some typical keyboard morons andcliqursdd cliques on here. This is the only forum I post on and I guess now I wont be posting anywhere. Ps if you think our list has what it takes in a final then my opinion differs, no more no less.

Nice effort. Geez some people take things way too serious. This is just a forum to share ideas but have come to the conclusion that there are some typical keyboard morons andcliqursdd cliques on here. This is the only forum I post on and I guess now I wont be posting anywhere. Ps if you think our list has what it takes in a final then my opinion differs, no more no less.
Are you serious? LOL

I just really like everything that's unfolded for his career so far.

There was an article about his debut about how he had played forward most of his football life and that he was scared about making mistakes in the backline. It's like the attitude you should want, it just screams of someone who thinks about his responsibility.

Ken used to talk about doing the little things right but Houston just epitomises that. His game isn't flashy and he doesn't accumulate high stats but his football is so simple and effective, that it's about doing all the basics correctly.
Reminds me of one of my earlier coaches who said: know and understand your limitations and PLAY to those. The very good players seem to play to their limitations and not as a millionaire. Dan to me understands his limitations (to this stage of his career) and does them extremely well. He should be ready to expand his strengths which may see him play in the future say as a midfielder. He has composure and class which I think will overcome any lack of leg speed. Matt Crouch, Mitchell and many other examples are not quick but have football brains. I have a feeling Dan fits that bill...he is a footballer.

Reminds me of one of my earlier coaches who said: know and understand your limitations and PLAY to those. The very good players seem to play to their limitations and not as a millionaire. Dan to me understands his limitations (to this stage of his career) and does them extremely well. He should be ready to expand his strengths which may see him play in the future say as a midfielder. He has composure and class which I think will overcome any lack of leg speed. Matt Crouch, Mitchell and many other examples are not quick but have football brains. I have a feeling Dan fits that bill...he is a footballer.
Didn't some Crow poster on here say that as soon as Pyke arrived at Adelaide he got each player individually on the field and assessed their kicking abilities etc so eh could use them to their strengths..

Lol... have fun on Facebook then champ!

Dont get me wrong, i think Dan is going to be a very good player for us, but perhaps the overwhelming admiration for him is due to the fact that he makes good decisions and kicks well, unlike the majority of our team. Just highlights how poor our recruiting has been.
FMD. Anyone might think that we finished bottom 4. This group can definitely win a flag. Clearly the better team on Saturday night and imo would have given GWS bloody good contest.

FMD. Anyone might think that we finished bottom 4. This group can definitely win a flag. Clearly the better team on Saturday night and imo would have given GWS bloody good contest.
I think that's why people are frustrated because they do believe we can with this list, but also they way we lose is not anomaly but rather a regular occurrence and predictable which cost us every time.

Can you see him playing a midfield role?

If he could go down the Cam Ling/Tom Rockliff path of being a slow undersized junior key forward to a topline midfielder that would be great.

We rely on a very high energy running game from defence.

He has the ability to save us a ton of energy and pinpoint a player moving forward with his 50 metre kick and saving us having 5 players trying to handball ourselves to death or try to run out out of the backlines.

He should be the next link after the kick out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back