Danyle Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Over his career he is a better and more consistent player than Hill has been. His best probably isn't as good, but people thinking Hill is a clear better player than him are nuts.

That may be the case but its an easy offer to match and for only pick 25 we will play hard ball...hes is not going to Freo via the draft you will have to trade or we do a deal elsewhere

Yawn. Just like Clark last year, Freo won't sell the farm to get a player, either with money or picks. He's a player that is worth recruiting on a FA or PSD and that's about it. You can forget getting any picks from Freo and if that means that he won't playing here next year, so be it.

ps. You still owe us something after the Josh Carr trade ;)

No we will match the offer ...the AFL are putting 25 on the table compo not enough..your 15 pick gets it done though
What are you talking about??

"Putting 25 on the table compo"?

"Our 15 pick gets it done"?

You have no idea what the compensation will be, you'd first need to know what he's being offered, you'd then need to know how the $$$p/a & contract length would correlate to the AFL's compensation system for FA - which to my knowledge hasn't been made public.

And in regards to "our 15", we have 16, not 15, and it's not trade period, it's Free Agency period. Come trade period if a FA deal isn't done I doubt we'll be pursuing Pearce with our 1st pick. We haven't traded our 1st pick ever under the current drafts & list management team and it's not about to start for one Danyle Pearce.
No we hear the offer from the AFL is pick 25 ....just not enough we can do and will do better trade week...he will not go into the draft
That may be the case but its an easy offer to match and for only pick 25 we will play hard ball...hes is not going to Freo via the draft you will have to trade or we do a deal elsewhere

You really are not too bright are you? There IS no 25 offer, from anyone. There is a formula based on what the contract he's been offered, which you're not privy to, AFTER the trade period. Pearce has committed to Fremantle, he hasn't committed to 16 other teams in the league for you to get this alleged 'better than 25' pick that you keep banging on about with complete delusion. Nobody's 'offering' anything, but considering the best outcome for the loss of a player to free agency is a 1st round pick - for 500K a year I don't think that'll be enough to get it.
On the off chance he does garner an end of 1st round pick, chances are it won't be the only one handed out at the completion of the FA period, so that could well push it back a pick or 2.

For the last time, you have 0% chance of obtaining our pick 16.
Players don't get traded to teams against their will these days, Danyle Pearce will not end up at the Demons for pick 13 if that's what you're hoping for.. Just, don't get your simple hopes up.

Can see this going one of two ways

1: He doesn't buy in, turns out to be a flop and spends most of his time in the WAFL.

2: He becomes part of a three headed monster which includes him, Hill and Morabito, which when mixed with players like Mundy, Barlow and Fyfe, becomes a very potent midfield which drives us to a premiership.

Interesting times ahead.

Don't know how to feel about this one. The blows just keep raining down on Port. I see D. Pearce as a poor mans Shaun Burgoyne. But as everyone points out could go a lot better in a stronger team.

There's no doubt, it's raining s**t over at Port Adelaide with Pearce, Richmond's getting Troy Chaplin and Rodan & Surjan are heading to a Melbourne based club in the next 7 days. Maybe this is why they're after picks so much, because they'll have no choice but to take 5-6 picks this draft and it's better to have other means than just using 4th, 5th & 6th rd picks.

There's no doubt, it's raining s**t over at Port Adelaide with Pearce, Richmond's getting Troy Chaplin and Rodan & Surjan are heading to a Melbourne based club in the next 7 days. Maybe this is why they're after picks so much, because they'll have no choice but to take 5-6 picks this draft and it's better to have other means than just using 4th, 5th & 6th rd picks.

Not to mention Ben Jacobs possibly.

Like most of you boys I follow Freo fanatically and read every shred of news on them. He will be a great aquisition. On a side note anyone else noticed the adelaide player in the bottom corner who looks like hes copping it from behind :eek:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant believe i only just heard this news... i liked the look of his name on the FA list 3 months ago, everyone wanted Young.. we could get the cheaper version. He will get no attention whatsoever and become a very valuable I50 player on the other wing from Hill. I like it :thumbsu:

Really are some tough times ahead at Port. A longer visit at the depths of the table may be required along with some astute list management (no pain - no gain theory). They've got the first thing very right with the appointment of Leon Cameron to coach. Held in very high regard around the AFL. Really hope they don't implode too much under debt and politics before he can knit a handy team together.
Losing some players like Pearce now may reward Port in the future far more than holding out in hope for the next few seasons.

Do not rate Pearce when it comes to the crunch. Could see him helping the side win games in the regular season, then go missing in September. Players like Pearce often do not deliver in the trench warfare of finals.

Look at Sydney and Hawthorn ... both sides had basically minimal impact from the flashy, quick, outside running types (e.g. Young, Rioli, Smith, Ellis, Jetta).

It is worth mentioning he is 179cm and 77kg. Physically, he is small and weak. This doesn't automatically preclude him from being useful in the crunch, but it certainly doesn't help either.

I hope Lyon and co. know what they're doing, because I'm afraid this is going to be a big mistake.

Really are some tough times ahead at Port. A longer visit at the depths of the table may be required along with some astute list management (no pain - no gain theory). They've got the first thing very right with the appointment of Leon Cameron to coach. Held in very high regard around the AFL. Really hope they don't implode too much under debt and politics before he can knit a handy team together.
Losing some players like Pearce now may reward Port in the future far more than holding out in hope for the next few seasons.
Is that even close to official yet? I am yet to see anything to confirm it and it is still just "the most likely" rumor from what I can gather?!

Do not rate Pearce when it comes to the crunch. Could see him helping the side win games in the regular season, then go missing in September. Players like Pearce often do not deliver in the trench warfare of finals.

Look at Sydney and Hawthorn ... both sides had basically minimal impact from the flashy, quick, outside running types (e.g. Young, Rioli, Smith, Ellis, Jetta).

It is worth mentioning he is 179cm and 77kg. Physically, he is small and weak. This doesn't automatically preclude him from being useful in the crunch, but it certainly doesn't help either.

I hope Lyon and co. know what they're doing, because I'm afraid this is going to be a big mistake.

Big mistake? How could it possibly be a big mistake? Sounds like he's on a generous contract, but not a crippling one. What could possibly be the biggest downside of him signing with us?

Pearce will play some very good football for us, will add a lot to the side. A very smart signing, though not the big fish I would have liked considering the utensil up last year.

Pretty damned sure they know better than the lot of us combined mate.:thumbsu:

God damn, did you read that back to yourself before you hit post reply?

Big mistake? How could it possibly be a big mistake? Sounds like he's on a generous contract, but not a crippling one. What could possibly be the biggest downside of him signing with us?

Pearce will play some very good football for us, will add a lot to the side. A very smart signing, though not the big fish I would have liked considering the utensil up last year.

If he is on 400-500k for multiple years and doesn't perform, that is not something to just sweep under the rug ... it is significant money that could be used elsewhere. If he plays in a grand final, and goes missing like so many other soft/outside types, then that will be a big mistake.

Like I said, I hope the club knows what they are doing ... because you think that they would. But you only have to look at JA to see that they won't get it right all the time (and I called that a mistake at the time, no hindsight needed). Lyon is obviously on board, but that doesn't mean everything we do will now be golden. He tried to bring Lovett into the Saints, he is not immune from making a poor decision.

If he is on 400-500k for multiple years and doesn't perform, that is not something to just sweep under the rug ... it is significant money that could be used elsewhere. If he plays in a grand final, and goes missing like so many other soft/outside types, then that will be a big mistake.

If he plays some blinders in the home & away, getting us to this hypothetical GF, but a Fyfe, Pav or Mundy stand up & we win the aforementioned hypothetical GF is it still a mistake?

Pearce is a gun. I very strongly hope Port keep him, but if he ends up a Docker next year and you get to actually see him play every week rather than listening to the 'inconsistent, can't break a tag' crap in the media that stopped being relevant two years ago, you'll realize that he's a very valuable player.

Rioli pretty much single-handedly dragged the Hawks over the line in the prelim. Had a s**t GF, but was one of the best players on the ground in the '08 GF, so he's one from one. I'd say Jetta had a pretty good finals series too.

Might be onto something here, can we withdraw the Form 41?
And maybe someone can take S. Hill off our hands over the next month while we are at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back