Danyle Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice move, will add some zip to the side.
Strangely enough, I can see Pearce having a monster season for Fremantle. Subiaco will suit his particular brand of running football and as Pearce will have determined, he won't be copping the number 1 tag every week. It's a very good move for Fremantle.

Does what he look like matter E? Jeez..all this "hipster" nonsense on these boards. The fella can play.

A 'no dickheads' policy matters though, and if those rumours earlier are anything to go by the guy came across pretty full of himself in the meetings. The hipster look is just a convenient external reflection of that for us to jump on.

As for Pearce, nice piece of business from our guys. Say what you want about some of the decisions that get made, but you can't deny our club gets s**t done quickly and professionally these days.

Thought I was going to be upset by this, but not so at the moment.

I think Pearce at his best, is one of the best line-breaking mids in the comp.

Surround him by the likes of Sandi and your mids, and it could really refresh him.

Good get, hope we get fairly compensated. Reckon an end of 1st Round would be pretty close.

As much as he frustrated me, is a great player to watch when running hot. Really want to see Freo win a premiership under the great Pav, wouldn't be upset at all to see Pearcey help you do it.
Thanks.

We are very happy that he's coming to us. Sorry you guys are copping so much in this period, hope you get some good picks and start rebuilding.

Thought I was going to be upset by this, but not so at the moment.

I think Pearce at his best, is one of the best line-breaking mids in the comp.

Surround him by the likes of Sandi and your mids, and it could really refresh him.

Good get, hope we get fairly compensated. Reckon an end of 1st Round would be pretty close.

I hope you guys get well compensated for it - would be good to see you back up again soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 'no dickheads' policy matters though, and if those rumours earlier are anything to go by the guy came across pretty full of himself in the meetings. The hipster look is just a convenient external reflection of that for us to jump on.

As for Pearce, nice piece of business from our guys. Say what you want about some of the decisions that get made, but you can't deny our club gets s**t done quickly and professionally these days.

I've read a few interviews by him and seen him in a few interviews and he has a quiet confidence about him. It's not over the top by any extent. I don't pretend to know how he acted in interviews (and I would be suspect of anyone saying they do) but labelling him a dickhead seems a bit much.
Like Goddard, Tippet, Pearce etc he's just trying to get a contract at another club because he reckons his current club doesn't value him and with Collingwood signing up QLynch and Cloke again its no surprise there's not enough dough to go around

Kudos guys! If there was one player I didn't want to lose it was pearcey as he was one of the few we had that could run with speed and carry the ball, nice left boot also! He'll do you well for the next couple of years.

Dont think our compo will be worth his loss to the team but that's no fault of Freo!

I'm impressed with how graciously you Port fans are handling this, hopefully we can do the same if it's ever our turn to lose a player to FA.

Pearce said the decision to leave Port was a difficult one for him and his family, but he now looked forward to making an impact at Fremantle.

“I would like to thank all at the Port Adelaide Football Club, especially my teammates whom I have shared the past eight years with,” he said.

“I would like to thank Ross Lyon and the Fremantle Football Club for the opportunity they have presented to me and look forward to the next chapter in my football career.”

From the club website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back