Other Darts - World Champs, Premier League, Ranking Events

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be shattered if Phil found his old form and fought back to win it all again.

Whilst he won 4-1 against Wright, it was a fair workout for him especially after the second set.

His line was just off and he missed some finishes that he always makes. Wright found his line in the third set and put the pressure on with some big check outs.

He'll get wiped by Webster if he doesn't improve - a 98 average won't cut it. Being Phil Taylor though, you can't bet against him.

Should be a cracker.

Whilst he won 4-1 against Wright, it was a fair workout for him especially after the second set.

His line was just off and he missed some finishes that he always makes. Wright found his line in the third set and put the pressure on with some big check outs.

He'll get wiped by Webster if he doesn't improve - a 98 average won't cut it. Being Phil Taylor though, you can't bet against him.

Should be a cracker.

Seen Wright play a couple of times now and he lifted to heights that I never thought he had.

Not sure Webster was at his best against Hylton though but I agree it will be a beauty.

Looking forward to seeing Adrian Lewis; I'm a fan. With Barney and The Wizard also throwing, it's a good night of darts coming up!

Nice win by Lewis. So good at hitting triples, highlighted by 9 180s (doubled his tournament count in one match!).

He lost his line a few times, particularly when throwing first but was good enough to pull off some big check outs (including a 167). He'll need to tighten up but his scoring power must scare the remaining players.

Anderson was absolutely awesome there. Whitlock is tonight, yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was just a ridiculous performance from the 11th seed Scot.

5th best ever average at the World Champs.

After Whitlock and Barney, Anderson is the highest ranked non-Englishman.

I think the 11th seeding is a bit misleading. IIRC it is based on money won through PDC tournaments over a 2 year period and Anderson is only in his 2nd year since coming over from the BDO.

Check it here if you are interested.

http://www.pdc.tv/page/PDCOrderofMerit/0,,10180,00.html

I think they have changed the rules for Premier League for next season. Previously it was top 7 plus wildcard. Now it is top 4 plus 4 wildcards. It is hard to imagine Anderson missing out and it is also why Nicholson was distraught after losing as he was thought to have a wildcard chance with a good showing but he may have blown it.

If a player in the world champs averaged around 92 about 20 years back they generally won it. The Taylor era has lifted it in such a way that if a player averages 90/93 he cannot win. How long this standard can be kept up I have no idea. The TV ratings in Britain are at an all time high hence the huge prize-money hence the improvement in performance.

Nice work from Jenkins there. I like watching him play.

QF1 : 01-Taylor v 25-Webster
QF2 : 05-Lewis v 04-Whitlock/20-van der Voort

QF3 : Suljovic/15-Newton v 07-Jenkins
QF4 : 11-Anderson v 03-van Barneveld/14-Osborne

Looking like a Taylor v Anderson/van Barneveld final. I hope Whitlock can get through later, then we have a great QF2.

Unfortunately the winner of QF2 will in all likelihood meet Phil Taylor, a man who has never lost a semi-final at the World Championships.

Whitlock won't have to worry because he was sensationally beaten today by Van der Voort 4-2.
Van Der Voort's biggest win to date no doubt. Whitlock played below his best but still managed to fight like the true Aussie he is.

Barney scrapes through 4-3 winning the last two sets.

Will need to improve if he's to beat Anderson, although I think their quarter final will be a lot closer than their 3rd round averages might suggest.

Disappointing that Whitlock lost. I still think we have 2 exciting quarter finals to look forward to, and if Suljovic can continue his run, then his quarter final against Jenkins should also be interesting viewing.

If I could pick my own final, I'd like to see Taylor/van der Voort v Anderson.

It's wide open with both Taylor and Barney in second gear (still bloody amazing though!). Anderson should almost be favourite the way he's throwing them and being on the opposite side to Taylor.

Shame to see the Wizard go down, but it means I can back Lewis to go all the way now.

Anderson's performance was totally sick this morning. Totally unconcious.

Looking forward to these last 8, there's a few blokes in red hot form at the moment who have claims, but as always The Power looms large.

Hoping my boy Barney hits his straps at the right time :thumbsu:

Just finished watching the last session.

Simon did not bring his best finishing game and paid. Still had a very good average of 96.81 but it is those peg outs that count. Barney played well in the end and did not have one of his "woe is me" interviews after and that can be nothing but good for him. Wes Newton is an underrated player and demolished his opponent with a very good 97 average. Lots of talk in the UK as to his improvement in the Championship League.

Anderson or Taylor for me but Webster has been in great form leading in and could surprise. As much as I think Lewis is a fantastic player I still think that he loses concentration too often.

I am going to have to record the rest (and keep away from this thread:() as I am away for a few days . Enjoy the rest of the tournament one and all. It great to talk Darts. Not something that I get to do nowadays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back