News Davey 'reconsidering his position'

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh boy, the knives are coming out.

Either the media are going to love tearing us to shreds or Neeld is loving my thread and taking the idea literally.

Reported by Ch7

Neeld not pussyfooting around here, I reckon he feels he has a listclogger in Davey.

Question is, who is going to be interested - and how much of his contract are they willing to pay?

It's a good point. He hasn't been the same since he busted his leg. He tries to play the same way, but because he's lost the burst he can't get clear like he used to.

The thing is, if anything we can afford to heft the bill for it. I know we rather wouldn't, but with Green and Moloney gone we've absolutely got cap to burn, especially since we have to spend 95% this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we can afford it.

Obviously I'll be stunned if this is reported for what it really is, given the predilection of certain media maggots (especially those of the Murdoch variety) for spinning things against us these days, in accordance with the general anti-club narrative.

Nevertheless, great that Neeldy's taking the hard line on issues like this one, and if there is a deal that could be done with another club, it'd be a very good outcome.

Was Davey injured this year? I haven't been paying much attention to him this year.

Does anyone see him having value playing a defensive forward role? And wouldn't he be the only player eligible to be put on the veterans list?

I misse the story but could Davey be considering his position maybe translate to Davey considering his future. Maybe he is calling it quits. Seems more likely than looking for a trade. Nobody has any reason to take him. He has not done a thing for more than 2 seasons. That's a long time without firing a shot. I'm not even saying a good game, he hasn't had a good 5 minutes.

Sounds like game over. I'd agree with Wise Guy Sam - if he's reconsidering anything, it's whether he'll continue to play the game. No way he'd be stupid enough to think another team would pick him up and he wouldn't want to risk the draft either. I think he's realising that he hasn't got anything left in him.

Boy we are going to be an inexperienced team after this trading period! We could feasibly be even worse next year in terms of wins. Will be a team of very young, relatively small-bodied players. We could actually be behind GWS and GCS in terms of development. More great times ahead...o_O

No way he'd be stupid enough to think another team would pick him up

Yeah, it'd be a major long shot. Still be nice if it somehow happened, of course.

Boy we are going to be an inexperienced team after this trading period!

I doubt we'll be particularly worse off without Davey in the squad.

What is the actual report here? Do we have a link?
Don't have one unfortunately - it came up on 'land but I figured we'd want a sensible-non-raging-at-Neeld-every-three-seconds discussion on it.

Was on Ch7 6pm news though, about all I've got.

Sounds like game over. I'd agree with Wise Guy Sam - if he's reconsidering anything, it's whether he'll continue to play the game. No way he'd be stupid enough to think another team would pick him up and he wouldn't want to risk the draft either. I think he's realising that he hasn't got anything left in him.

Boy we are going to be an inexperienced team after this trading period! We could feasibly be even worse next year in terms of wins. Will be a team of very young, relatively small-bodied players. We could actually be behind GWS and GCS in terms of development. More great times ahead...o_O
Disagree. 'The kids' in Grimes, Watts and Trengove etc. are all going into their 3rd/4th/5th years.

As a serious question, not a cheap shot, do you think there is a danger of further clearing out of so many of your experienced players? As has been shown by the two new teams, it is very hard for young teams, to be competitive?

If this is the route to take, would you also endorse chasing 24-27 year olds of quality to bring that experience? And no I am not looking at trying to sell you Goddard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it'd be a major long shot. Still be nice if it somehow happened, of course.

I doubt we'll be particularly worse off without Davey in the squad.
Probably not - although he was always considered a strong leader of the indigenous boys. I was more just remarking on the fact that our squad will look like a bunch of kids next year. I think we will get knocked around a bit. I hope we recruit some experience in the trading period.

I misse the story but could Davey be considering his position maybe translate to Davey considering his future. Maybe he is calling it quits. Seems more likely than looking for a trade. Nobody has any reason to take him. He has not done a thing for more than 2 seasons. That's a long time without firing a shot. I'm not even saying a good game, he hasn't had a good 5 minutes.

Spot on. Last few seasons, injury or not, have been woeful. Can't even remember the last game where he contributed up to a 'par' level.

Was great as the Flash, but it has gone past him now.

he was always considered a strong leader of the indigenous boys.
Not a big issue now. With Jurrah gone, Wona long gone, Lawrance walking & bennelL & Jetter struggling to have an impact who do we have left that needs leading?

Yes, but compare it to clubs that are in the finals and you'll see a big difference. It's going to be a while before we have what you could call a ripe list.
It's ripe alright just the wrong kind of 'ripe'

Honestly, I don't see how we will be any worse off in terms of leadership and experience for losing Beamer and Davey, since they haven't been proper leaders all of this year, they've been a pair of frontrunners.

Honestly, I don't see how we will be any worse off in terms of leadership and experience for losing Beamer and Davey, since they haven't been proper leaders all of this year, they've been a pair of frontrunners.
I don't think they've even been good enough to be called front runners this year, sadly they just didn't run full stop. Moloney's year has been a debacle, he won't turn that around regardless of which club he's at.

Davey has no physicality what so ever and lost his speed years ago. We need to open their spots up on our list without question. If Davey retires then I'll respect him for going out gracefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back