Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have patched up relationship with Brett Ratten, and gone all out for him. Spent many years under Clarkson during their premiership years. Look at his experience under the Master. Should have at least been afforded an interview with his experience. Look how well he is coaching StKilda. The Club has erred badly here imo.

I don't think Ratts was any serious chance of ever returning as coach..

Still too early to make a call on Teague either way, but boy if we lose to Freo, the pressure cooker is well and truly going to reach boiling point.

Should have patched up relationship with Brett Ratten, and gone all out for him. Spent many years under Clarkson during their premiership years. Look at his experience under the Master. Should have at least been afforded an interview with his experience. Look how well he is coaching StKilda. The Club has erred badly here imo.
Agreed - I think getting rid of him when we did wasn't that bad - he was too involved with list management and needed some time elsewhere to develop. He got that at Hawthorn and could have returned to the club.

If it comes to pass that Teague is removed, be it rightly or wrongly, we should get Chocko Williams.
Is he even involved in the game still?

We need someone who has a bit of aggression in them.

Malthouse for all his faults was intimidating, he commanded respect.

Is he even involved in the game still?

We need someone who has a bit of aggression in them.

Malthouse for all his faults was intimidating, he commanded respect.

dear god no ....

How can we know for sure if the line coaches or the head coach is the problem?

Judd said we didn’t want another coach (after Bolton) with training wheels. Teague got the job and now some (I know this is not what you’re saying) are saying we need an experienced coach to assist our head coach. That to me sounds like we got a coach with training wheels. Did we have better options than Teague that wanted the job? Think it was vossy or teaugue or maybe barker.

We've changed the players, changed head coach, changed captains - team has stagnated and the constant is the assistants. Every serious AFL club has experience in the coaching box to support the head coach, we have... well, you know who we have.

If it comes to pass that Teague is removed, be it rightly or wrongly, we should get Chocko Williams.
Are you being serious? :grinv1:
Hasn't head coached an AFL team for 11 years.

It will either be Clarkson or Teague coaching us.
At this stage, couldn't see the board sacking Teague for anyone other than Clarkson

This is the fundamental problem along with ruck. We have been slaughtered the last two weeks when the ball is in dispute. We are always outnumbered, 3 v 2 or 4 v 3, Richmond / Collingwood then get the ball and proceed forward. Time after time after time.

Given our midfield issues our defence and offence are holding up reasonably well.

Dow and Setterfield have been net negatives this season. I am ready to put a line through Dow, he looks a draft bust.

I absolutely would not sack Teague. It is not all doom and gloom.

We need to improve our contest work within this season. Pronto.

At the end of the year John Barker has to go.

So Bolton had to be sacked for unexpected/unacceptable losses ( we know senior coach is generally the fall guy for impatient clubs, unlike Tiger, Cats), but we should sack Barker, even though the buck stops with the senior coach?

Perhaps we should have kept Bolton and sacked Barker?

At this stage, couldn't see the board sacking Teague for anyone other than Clarkson

The spectre of Ross Lyon looms larger each week.

So Bolton had to be sacked for unexpected/unacceptable losses ( we know senior coach is generally the fall guy for impatient clubs, unlike Tiger, Cats), but we should sack Barker, even though the buck stops with the senior coach?

Both Bolton and Barker should've been sacked. In fact Bolton what went down with Bolton was very Julius Caesar and realistically bar the selected caretaker the core coaching group should go with the head coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it not Bolton’s / Teague’s responsibility to pick their assistants? Both have elected to stick with Barker, potentially to their own detriment.

clarksons contract finishes in 2022 .... if we go zero and six, I don’t think Teague will survive that long.

Both Bolton and Barker should've been sacked. In fact Bolton what went down with Bolton was very Julius Caesar and realistically bar the selected caretaker the core coaching group should go with the head coach.

Tigers were calling for the same thing end of 2016

Cats similar

No issues replacing Teague if he is not evolving, but calls to remove anyone is premature after 2 game

The players were very vocal supporting Teague's appointment a couple of years back. Now they need to back it up with some intensity every week. Last night was one of those games we had to win if we are to take the next step. But the same old suspects didn't fire a shot. Will they keep getting selected? if they do it sends a bad signal to the entire playing group.

Is it not Bolton’s / Teague’s responsibility to pick their assistants? Both have elected to stick with Barker, potentially to their own detriment.

Well, let's see how it plays out. For me, it comes down to the talent and maturity of the players, as evident with the Goat coach in Clarkson, now struggling to make finals

Our midfield currently sucks.
Our team generally is not that bad. Fwd and back are holding up reasonably well.

Bolton was a terrible coach who lost the team after the GWS game. Best decision club has made in the three years to get rid of him.

We have lost by 4 goals to the premier team and a perennial finals team. Its a downer but not a disaster. Definite weak points and certain weak players.

Keep Teague. Get rid of Barker. Bolster ruck and mids. We don’t need to start from scratch.

I question the work ethic. Thats leadership. doc, cripps, coaches all play a part.

So many times yesterday the players were given an option to either corral or tacke. 9/10 times they corral leaving the opposition time and space to execute a bullet pass. They need to tackel, tackle hard and apply pressure. This is basic s**t.

Our midfield currently sucks.
Our team generally is not that bad. Fwd and back are holding up reasonably well.

Bolton was a terrible coach who lost the team after the GWS game. Best decision club has made in the three years to get rid of him.

We have lost by 4 goals to the premier team and a perennial finals team. Its a downer but not a disaster. Definite weak points and certain weak players.

Keep Teague. Get rid of Barker. Bolster ruck and mids. We don’t need to start from scratch.

You know what I think of coaches

Anyway, finally someone is close to pointing out 1 of our areas that need improvement quickly and you have sort of eluded to it

Too long to go into at the moment, but, we are 3 separate groups, rather than a flowing, connecting unit.

Again, I believe this is due to this 5th gear gameplan Teague wants to adopt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back