Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

SOS alluded that club expected to play final in 2020 and I guess with COVID having some excuse non finals was accepted. No excuses this year, if By round 7 we are 1-5 and get flogged by *, he’s gone.

Pressures on the players right now not the coach imo
As the coach will not be sacked this year even if the lacklustre performances continuue .
Players where adamant they wanted Teague so some self ownership needs to be shown especially after the latest game .
Weve now lost 6 of the past 7 premiership season games dating back to the end of last season .

Mentioned last year we needed to drop some name players to make a statement to the list as you just cant keep sacking coaches if performances are sub standard .

Believe that is even more in need right now
Im looking at Marc Murphy Ed and Cas to be transitioned out well before the end of the season .
Ditch the bruise free footy and lets get physical .
Well said 👍

For all Cameron’s fury the message is diluted by Coniglio being the least inspiring speaker I’ve ever heard in a footy leadership position.

Get Ross the Boss in as a Teague ruthlessness coach. Famous for not tolerating lack of effort from his players.
No thanks

SOS alluded that club expected to play final in 2020 and I guess with COVID having some excuse non finals was accepted. No excuses this year, if By round 7 we are 1-5 and get flogged by *, he’s gone.
Sos also said in that infamous Footy Classified interview.

I can build a team for bottom 8. Thats easy.
I'm building a team for sustained top4.

Do we see that right now? Its development thats the issue.

Sos trading should be scrutinized, too many injury prone high potentials. Its the plethora of top20 picks we have that arent taking tbat next step, that is concerning

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Sos also said in that infamous Footy Classified interview.

I can build a team for bottom 8. Thats easy.
I'm building a team for sustained top4.

Do we see that right now? Its development thats the issue.

Sos trading should be scrutinized, too many injury prone high potentials. Its the plethora of top20 picks we have that arent taking tbat next step, that is concerning

who has come in from other clubs and improved at Carlton? Who has left and gotten better elsewhere?

that’s what should be looked at

The problem for Teague is that after sacking Bolton four years into a rebuild, he doesn't have much more time to get things right. The appointment of a new coach didn't re-set the clock, it was to increase the trajectory. He's just started his second full season and while it's early, he'd want a few wins on the board pretty quickly.

You get that feeling don't you? However is this effecting the rebuild? Is this why he's reluctant to drop some and play some? Stocker for instance. I feel that he needs to be daring and take risks selection wise and if he's put under this pressure he may not do that.

who has come in from other clubs and improved at Carlton? Who has left and gotten better elsewhere?

that’s what should be looked at
We dont trade out players. Our players get delisted.

Players In, with exception of McGovern who is overpaid for his output and injury record, do their job. Fogarty, Williams, Saad.

The SOS GWS bulk deal gamble, hasnt worked. Only Plowman plays regularly and he is a battler.

Marchbank talented but injury riddled. Kennedy now rookie listed. These two were trade week targets! Id say failures.

Any which way you look at it, players come to carlton and unless they are already established, they fail. Its development. Something is rotten and has been since at least ratten era

You get that feeling don't you? However is this effecting the rebuild? Is this why he's reluctant to drop some and play some? Stocker for instance. I feel that he needs to be daring and take risks selection wise and if he's put under this pressure he may not do that.
And this is my main criticism of him. you will never know if you dont have a go. Being well into the rebuild I feel his main focus is to win as many games as possible. hence persisting with some of the old heads, his push for Eddie etc.

He now needs to take the risk and blood some of these younger guys and show some consistent improvement throughout this season. No good throwing them in when its mathematically impossible to make the eight as the decision will have already been made.

And this is my main criticism of him. you will never know if you dont have a go. Being well into the rebuild I feel his main focus is to win as many games as possible. hence persisting with some of the old heads, his push for Eddie etc.

He now needs to take the risk and blood some of these younger guys and show some consistent improvement throughout this season. No good throwing them in when its mathematically impossible to make the eight as the decision will have already been made.
The only sure fire guaranteed way to fail is Never TRY...Never change accept the same today as yesterday..

Some people are just too afraid to really unequivocally leave nothing unchanged in their quest to succeed.

We dont trade out players. Our players get delisted.

Players In, with exception of McGovern who is overpaid for his output and injury record, do their job. Fogarty, Williams, Saad.

The SOS GWS bulk deal gamble, hasnt worked. Only Plowman plays regularly and he is a battler.

Marchbank talented but injury riddled. Kennedy now rookie listed. These two were trade week targets! Id say failures.

Any which way you look at it, players come to carlton and unless they are already established, they fail. Its development. Something is rotten and has been since at least ratten era

Think you need to look at the indirect benefits of some of those deals

Harry was part of the pick swap in the Plow + deal when we traded Henderson

Teague’s dilemma with blooding more of the younger guys is his lack of confidence in their output - guys like Dow, LOB, Cuningham haven’t delivered consistently yet for whatever reasons and even SPSs output is patchy.

Saying Eddie is due back and is what our team needs doesn’t say a great deal about the strength of our list, or the effectiveness of our development coaches (Teague included).

Teague’s dilemma with blooding more of the younger guys is his lack of confidence in their output - guys like Dow, LOB, Cuningham haven’t delivered consistently yet for whatever reasons and even SPSs output is patchy.

Saying Eddie is due back and is what our team needs doesn’t say a great deal about the strength of our list, or the effectiveness of our development coaches (Teague included).
There is no Risk, You learn yes they can or no they cannot you gain and move on in either approach. We cannot keep maybe's they waste your time. That is time we do not have.

Bolton played the kids, moved senior players like Ed and Murphy out of their traditional roles to groom the kids, copped $hit results and eventually shown the door. However he was showing an upward trend when he had the oversight of Neil Craig available. Craig goes and the ship begins to sink.

The Teague tenure has been marred not just by disappointing losses but by uncharacteristic lapses in concentration where we give up 5 consecutive goals. His options in the middle are limited - the only person to return from injury that would slot In there is TDK. Marchbank and Newman as defenders sitting on the sidelines are unknown quantities in terms of how the respond post-injury. Our main replacements are forwards which is not the biggest concern we currently have. The next 4 games are going to be pivotal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton played the kids, moved senior players like Ed and Murphy out of their traditional roles to groom the kids, copped $hit results and eventually shown the door. However he was showing an upward trend when he had the oversight of Neil Craig available. Craig goes and the ship begins to sink.

The Teague tenure has been marred not just by disappointing losses but by uncharacteristic lapses in concentration where we give up 5 consecutive goals. His options in the middle are limited - the only person to return from injury that would slot In there is TDK. Marchbank and Newman as defenders sitting on the sidelines are unknown quantities in terms of how the respond post-injury. Our main replacements are forwards which is not the biggest concern we currently have. The next 4 games are going to be pivotal.
He often says, 'we made some changes at the break" He strikes me as a coach that has no in-game strategy or reaction to opposition moves.
He seems to wait for the breaks to make those adjustments, a luxury no one has given the speed of the game today

Need a complete overhaul at the end of the year with the whole footy department. I don’t think any assistants are safe - even Amos has gone backwards and we need a new look.

Power would be the only one I would keep.

Brad Lloyd as footy boss, Andrew Russel as fitness, and all the assistants need to be reviewed.

Teague needs a Neil Craig type figure to support him. The role that Chris Fagan had at Hawthorn and David Noble had at Brisbane before they got senior gigs.

He also needs a senior assistant and a team of successful assistants with experience at the top clubs and proven results.

If Andrew Russell is taking up a lot of the soft cap get rid of him, I haven’t seen any improvement in terms of our fitness, strength, injuries since he came on board. Buttifant 2.0 - a dinosaur past his peak.

Brad Lloyd has also been disappointing, when you look at what good footy bosses have done for Brisbane, Richmond over the years to complete a review and make changes resulting in improvement. Where has that been for us. There are so many glaring issues with the most pressing being development. Why do our young players stagnate while others teams continue to improve?
Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong vs Dow, LOB, SPS, Stocke

Need a complete overhaul at the end of the year with the whole footy department. I don’t think any assistants are safe - even Amos has gone backwards and we need a new look.

Power would be the only one I would keep.

Brad Lloyd as footy boss, Andrew Russel as fitness, and all the assistants need to be reviewed.

Teague needs a Neil Craig type figure to support him. The role that Chris Fagan had at Hawthorn and David Noble had at Brisbane before they got senior gigs.

He also needs a senior assistant and a team of successful assistants with experience at the top clubs and proven results.

If Andrew Russell is taking up a lot of the soft cap get rid of him, I haven’t seen any improvement in terms of our fitness, strength, injuries since he came on board. Buttifant 2.0 - a dinosaur past his peak.

Brad Lloyd has also been disappointing, when you look at what good footy bosses have done for Brisbane, Richmond over the years to complete a review and make changes resulting in improvement. Where has that been for us. There are so many glaring issues with the most pressing being development. Why do our young players stagnate while others teams continue to improve?
Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong vs Dow, LOB, SPS, Stocke
This is bang on, but should have happened when Bolton got us a spoon in 2018.

Club sat in its hands. Wait, they got Walls

Sacked him mid 2019. Should have happened then, 2nd chance. Club sat on its hands.

Its gross incompetence.

Both Bolton and Teague needed senior assistants. To say oh well, they can sort it out for 2022, and its only r2, is a joke on all of us.

We can all see the gaps, what is wrong this club. And where is Teflon C Judd in all this as footy director. Sitting back overseeing another calamity unfold

It's tripe thinking like this that keeps us in the mire.

If MLG did nothing about changing a coach he is damned for being stubborn, and if he does change coach he has no faith in what he has built, even though the club, gameplan and list are in the best shape they've been in since Ratts was coach (I'd even argue since 2000).

How about you just get a decent sleep and see if you feel better in the morning?
Yeah that'll happen.

From my observations Teague has us playing a game style that is obvious, unlike a number of other clubs.

That’s the starting point. Now he needs to gets the players to take ownership of the defensive aspects, that are fundamental to wins.

I don’t have my doubts in Teagues game plan, I have doubts in some of the team selections, as a number of players do not fit the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Teague will last the year, period. He has the backdrop of injury to rely upon. It will get him a get out of jail free card.

My concern is the strategy based on forward pressure and skill execution is flawed for a number of reasons albeit, we may grow into it over time.

1. We don’t apply enough pressure, especially effective tackles to be a forward pressure side.
2. There are too many elite kicks in other sides with too much space given the stand rule to apply pressure over significant periods of time.
3. We don’t have anywhere near enough quality users to be a possession heavy side.
4. Our hack and bomb into 50 demonstrates that the players either aren’t or can’t follow the strategy.

Do we stick with the strategy espoused by Teague until these, or future players grow into the system and learn from the failure (learning opportunities) of the past?

Do we start again with a new coach and new system?

Teague has until the end of the year to show enough growth potential to warrant more opportunities in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back