Universal Love David Teague

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm pretty sure that the Club wouldn't be thinking in terms of sacking him, it's a BigFooty thing.
club clearly expected to play finals this year. not saying that justifies in a sacking but pressure is mounting. clearly there are issues as the club have hired woosha. hopefully we can turn things around but to make finals we probably need 10-12 more wins from the remaining 16 or 17 games so very unlikely we make finals now imo.

club clearly expected to play finals this year. not saying that justifies in a sacking but pressure is mounting. clearly there are issues as the club have hired woosha. hopefully we can turn things around but to make finals we probably need 10-12 more wins from the remaining 16 or 17 games so very unlikely we make finals now imo.

I just think people need to put things into perspective, we aren't in as bad a place as what some people like to make out that we are. We all want better but we're hardly at rock bottom, we'll be on the way up soon enough. All this doom and gloom is plain ridiculous.
Who cares what the media or anyone else outside of the club says? Let them talk, that's their job, our clubs isn't to respond to them, it's to move ahead and see what needs to be done to further improve ourselves.

Making Finals was never a certainty this year 7th-10th is about where we sit I believe, nothing's happened to change my view on that yet.

Jimmyonesix

Premiership Player
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't know what club thought but I think we are in our range - Williams was always a gamble - we struggle connect forward of the ball and nothing changed - I always expected us to be good when weitering Mackay and co were 26-28 and my opinion hasn't changed

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I just think people need to put things into perspective, we aren't in as bad a place as what some people like to make out that we are. We all want better but we're hardly at rock bottom, we'll be on the way up soon enough. All this doom and gloom is plain ridiculous.
Who cares what the media or anyone else outside of the club says? Let them talk, that's their job, our clubs isn't to respond to them, it's to move ahead and see what needs to be done to further improve ourselves.

Making Finals was never a certainty this year 7th-10th is about where we sit I believe, nothing's happened to change my view on that yet.
i agree but cant ignore outside noise if things don't improve. eventually club will take action and it will be the usual coach sacking.

i would have loved finals this year and I was hopeful we would make it. However if we can see improvement and still not make finals I would be happy with that as well. i want to see improvement in some key areas like how we move the ball, hitting lead up passes into f50 etc etc. just some footy basics. we should be seeing these by now.

Judd1400

Debutant
Oct 5, 2018
One thing is certain if we continue with the same old 22 with players that are cooked or no good then we will be 2-7 in 3 weeks.
Fancy going to the draft for 5 years and your more inclined to play old players and guys from other clubs that are really not that good.
Even the coach is cooked when you listen to those crappy press conferences.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didnt Sam Docherty say we were expecting to play finals this year ? Or have i imagined that.

jpfalvo

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Liddle. Feb 2021

“We’ve gone 18th, 16th and 11th: we want to continue to build on that and I certainly agree that the period for development is over.”

Lo Giudice Feb 2021

“I would say that we’ve got a lot better list now than we had five, or six, or seven, or eight, or nine years ago. Has it been a long road? Yes, but we had a plan and, importantly, we told our members,” he said.
“We’ve got the right talent to make finals and this [is] both for AFL and AFLW.”

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

jpfalvo

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Didnt Sam Docherty say we were expecting to play finals this year ? Or have i imagined that.
“This is the first time I’ve been in the media and come out and said we’re expecting to play finals,” Docherty told The Breakfast Club.
Docherty declared there is no reason to suggest that Carlton can’t compete with contending teams this year, stating their lack of poise and execution in crucial moments defined an otherwise impressive 2020.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Did anyone from the club definitley come.out and say its finals or bust (for us and Teague)

Seems to me like that Was a media and supporter driven narrative.

Did anyone from the club definitley come.out and say its finals or bust (for us and Teague)

Nobody ever said it was Finals or bust, they said we expected to make finals or thought we could anyway. Nobody ever said we had to for the coach to survive.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
One thing is certain if we continue with the same old 22 with players that are cooked or no good then we will be 2-7 in 3 weeks.
Fancy going to the draft for 5 years and your more inclined to play old players and guys from other clubs that are really not that good.
Even the coach is cooked when you listen to those crappy press conferences.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Teams like Melbourne and Port have shown that things can turn around pretty quickly if you have one or two lean years and have 2 successful draft and trade periods.

The unfortunate reality (as I see it) is that we probably have to take a step backwards to go towards, we have to build and aim for a list capable of winning a flag. I am not satisfied with just making up the numbers with a 5 - 8th position in the finals, and out in semi-final week (Which is what I Feel our list even at full strength's ceiling is)

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

I thought liddle said it recently when he also said Cripps will sign in a few weeks. It’s been almost 3 weeks I think so that’s another bizarre issue that is developing with Cripps still unsigned. docherty was more direct in a radio interview.

Edit: not finals or bust of course.

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton
Assuming Judd's training wheels comment meant we were opting for a ready made coach (not necessarily an experienced senior coach), the names I put forward were, in my opinion, equal to or better credentialed than Teague. I suspect the 'feel good factor' and positive press on the back of a dead cat bounce post Bolton got Teague over the line.

Teague's CV stacks up against the other highly rated assistants in the comp - unless Voss blew their socks off, it's understandable that the board would go with the player (retention) and fan (membership $$) favourite.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I thought liddle said it recently when he also said Cripps will sign in a few weeks. It’s been almost 3 weeks I think so that’s another bizarre issue that is developing with Cripps still unsigned. docherty was more direct in a radio interview.

Yeah.. Gee Whiz, have to admit I am starting to have far more doubts about Liddle than Teague at this point in time.

If Cripps does leave as a Free Agent, it will be the biggest PR disaster we have had probably since the Salary Cap Scandal. I could live with getting good compo for Cripps, but would be a massive body blow to the so called culture and fan engagement we are trying to build at the club.

Hopefully I am needlessly fretting over nothing.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah.. Gee Whiz, have to admit I am starting to have far more doubts about Liddle than Teague at this point in time.

If Cripps does leave as a Free Agent, it will be the biggest PR disaster we have had probably since the Salary Cap Scandal. I could live with getting good compo for Cripps, but would be a massive body blow to the so called culture and fan engagement we are trying to build at the club.

it’s an interesting situation developing with Cripps. His currency is dropping every week. Depending on his long term goal, his form may drop to the point where he loses enough value that opposition teams are not offering the money he would’ve expected to garner this time last year.

sparkyblue

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I understand both sides of the argument re: sack DT or preaching patience. The trouble with the latter is that I don’t see where further development in both the playing group or our game plan is supposed to come from. Teague has been found tactically wanting in most games in his failure to respond to multi-goal runs against us, and doesn’t appear to know how to fix it given that it happens most weeks.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
it’s an interesting situation developing with Cripps. His currency is dropping every week. Depending on his long term goal, his form may drop to the point where he loses enough value that opposition teams are not offering the money he would’ve expected to garner this time last year.

A part of me thinks that Cripps (and hopefully Harry) have signed on already, and are just waiting a day or so after a really bad/embarrassing loss (possibly as soon as this week) to announce it, to try take the heat/pressure off the club.

That would be such a Carlton 21st century board thing to do :)

no fate

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I understand both sides of the argument re: sack DT or preaching patience. The trouble with the latter is that I don’t see where further development in both the playing group or our game plan is supposed to come from. Teague has been found tactically wanting in most games in his failure to respond to multi-goal runs against us, and doesn’t appear to know how to fix it given that it happens most weeks.
I reckon he needs someone from above to save him, make the big calls that he cannot, open his eyes where he might be blind. Put the finger on the wrong strategies, line coaches and past-it players. Change the messaging a fraction.

Hoping like hell that this is what Worsfold is there for, he is needed neither as a shoulder to lean on nor to send feel good messages to a jaded and fractious supporter base...

So much drama re tjhe Club this year - questions about coaching / player retention / Captains commitment / give away membership controversy / continual injuries to key players / Car;ton VFL team /

anyone else feeling exhausted?

You know what IO hate about the current situation/

I HATE the fact that we have SO SO many injured players at the start of a season which sees us battling to play against 6 out of last years finalsts and now an undeated Melbourne on top of the undefeated Doggies

with TDK/Fisher/Martin/SOJ all out and even back up kep posiiton players in McDonald and Parks injured on top and Levi playinhg on one leg. FFS!

talk about pushing s**t up hill - I go into every game thinking about how we are for sure going to lose but hoping for a win ...i hate that feeling.

Apr 21, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton

Disagree completely. Look at the doggies. Their captain left and they won a flag! No one player (apart from Mckay) is unreplaceable.

I'll get howled down for this, but I don't think he is captain material. He chokes and overthinks when he needs to stand up. It's just not him.
Walsh should be made captain next year. He thrives with leadership.

Back