Davis Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

eastaugh36 said:
There's the trifecta folks, now that this moron has joined the thread!

Aah, I see, it's a Hewitt thing.
If we don't agree with you, we are morons. Very adult.
Grab a brain half-wit, I have actually dealt with the Griswolds, I somehow doubt you have.
Mine is a reaction based purely on personal experience.
And yes, I have been at several Davis Cup ties and at least a couple of tournaments where Hewitt has carried on like a sword.
An admirable player and a great competitor, but a complete prat.
Obviously, you consider it a mere coincidence that a host of other players are upset with Hewitt's behaviour.
Open the other eye and you might be a chance.
I look forward to your reasoned response.

It's funny how blokes like Federer, Agassi and Safin (players capable of beating Hewitt) don't seem to mind his on court behaviour.

It's funny how we have so many blokes in this country with their nuts in a vice.

It's funny how someone could solely point out Hewitt's behaviour in this match when Coria was the first to start with the Vamos! calling on Hewitt's unforced errors, when Coria was mock impersonating Hewitt with that 'vicht' hand gesture he does, when Coria hit an overhead smash at Lleyton and hit him on the thigh and did a vamos right after it instead of apologising, when Coria was hitting balls after points near Hewitt's vicinity to intimidate him, when Coria was kicking the turf and putting pot holes in it, when Coria was throwing his racquet around, when Coria was complaining wiht the Argentine captain to the umpire after every second point, when Coria was telling off a lines person, when Coria was grabbing his nuts to mock Hewitt, when Coria hip and shouldered him on the change of ends, when Coria spit in the direction of the umpire, when Coria spat several times in vexation at the court.

It's funny how wanckas with vendettas can miss all that and then focus solely on how bad Hewitt is.

They were both being passionate, they were both wearing their hearts on their sleeves and they were both doing whatever it took to win for their countries. It was a great competitive match and the only thing embarassing is the people who think this display was embarassing.

Bunch of whinging soft koks and an embarassment to our great country.

JohnF said:
It's funny how blokes like Federer, Agassi and Safin (players capable of beating Hewitt) don't seem to mind his on court behaviour.

It's funny how we have so many blokes in this country with their nuts in a vice.

It's funny how someone could solely point out Hewitt's behaviour in this match when Coria was the first to start with the Vamos! calling on Hewitt's unforced errors, when Coria was mock impersonating Hewitt with that 'vicht' hand gesture he does, when Coria hit an overhead smash at Lleyton and hit him on the thigh and did a vamos right after it instead of apologising, when Coria was hitting balls after points near Hewitt's vicinity to intimidate him, when Coria was kicking the turf and putting pot holes in it, when Coria was throwing his racquet around, when Coria was complaining wiht the Argentine captain to the umpire after every second point, when Coria was telling off a lines person, when Coria was grabbing his nuts to mock Hewitt, when Coria hip and shouldered him on the change of ends, when Coria spit in the direction of the umpire, when Coria spat several times in vexation at the court.

It's funny how wanckas with vendettas can miss all that and then focus solely on how bad Hewitt is.

But of whinging soft koks and an embarassment to our great country.

Beautifully said. Remember they must conveniently forget what the others did. Also, if someone else carries on as well they will only bring up Hewitt. Weak.

scottywiper said:
Aah, I see, it's a Hewitt thing.
If we don't agree with you, we are morons. Very adult.
Grab a brain half-wit, I have actually dealt with the Griswolds, I somehow doubt you have.
Mine is a reaction based purely on personal experience.
And yes, I have been at several Davis Cup ties and at least a couple of tournaments where Hewitt has carried on like a sword.
An admirable player and a great competitor, but a complete prat.
Obviously, you consider it a mere coincidence that a host of other players are upset with Hewitt's behaviour.
Open the other eye and you might be a chance.
I look forward to your reasoned response.

Well why don't you tell us this personal experience and we might be more understanding. The fact you have had one bad experience means you will bag him for something you wouldn't have if not for that experience?

scottywiper said:
Nary a peep out of Hewitt against Federer at Wimbledon, perhaps because he knew he couldn't win.

He only does the come ons when he has a foothold in the match. Unfortunately against Federer, that hasn't happened too many times in the last year and a half.

Well, well, well. I see Hewitt is still acting like a petulant child.

Does he excuse himself by saying it is all in the name of Australia and winning the Davis cup? Good on him for winning but he runs hot and cold and if he is playing against someone he thinks he can beat, he still has to run the nasty stuff. Against Federer and at Wimbledon he will reighn himself in because he is a past champion now.

I am a little sick of him but I guess if he wins then I will take him to my bosom and heave a sigh of relief that he fights so hard. Uggh.!!

Updates of other World Group Quarter Final Ties

Slovak Republic vs Netherlands 1-1 (Doubles Match from 8pm AEST today)
Dominik Hrbaty def Rainer Sluiter 6/1,5/7,6/4,6/3
Peter Wessels def Karol Beck 6/7,7/5,6/7,6/4,6/2

Russia vs France 1-1 (Doubles Match from 7:30pm AEST today)
Richard Gasquet def Igor Andreev 6/4,6/3,7/6
Nikolay Davydenko def Paul-Henri Mathieu 7/5,6/2,7/5

Croatia vs Romania 1-1 (Doubles Match from 11pm AEST today)
Andrei Pavel def Mario Ancic 1/6,6/4,4/6,6/3,6/4
Ivan Ljubcic def Victor Hanescu 6/3,6/2,7/6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

docker_azza said:
The Argentinians have to rank amongst the mentally weakest bunch of player going around. There is nothing worse than carrying on like Coria against a player like Hewitt. Weak, just weak.
Bit of a generalisation to say the Argies are all mentally weak. Would agree that Coria struggles with the mental side of the game, but Canas and Nalbandian would be up with the best out there in terms of mental strength.

The Argentines are mentally weak. Chela and Coria have both disgraced their countries. Lleyton is Lleyton. He doesn't change on court, they know how he will act. If they can't get past it, then they are suspect on court. The game is part mental, and it is obvious they have issues.

kretchy said:
Bit of a generalisation to say the Argies are all mentally weak. Would agree that Coria struggles with the mental side of the game, but Canas and Nalbandian would be up with the best out there in terms of mental strength.

Fair enough.

But Coria should have just got on with the game and ignored him. The best way to react to Hewitt is beat him by playing great tennis. Simple as that. As for any player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back