Scandal Dayne Beams acting entitled?

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t fit the narrative he’s spinning.

Shows how far he has to go, if he ever does at all. Might always just be this way.

Cringe whenever I see highlights of him in a Pies jumper.

Agreed. I think he needs to do some root cause therapy more than anything. Externally it still looks like he is taking the easy path by blaming circumstance rather than the reality that he probably has something like ADHD that drives addictive and compulsive behaviour.

Agreed. I think he needs to do some root cause therapy more than anything. Externally it still looks like he is taking the easy path by blaming circumstance rather than the reality that he probably has something like ADHD that drives addictive and compulsive behaviour.

Or perhaps he is just a shitty person.

Funny thing is beams is probably right.
Exactly what we need is a privileged white narcissist that's a gambling drug addict to tell a black man talking about his experience with institutional racism that it's time to be quiet and move on.

I'm sure Heritier will realise the error of his ways now.

Exactly what we need is a privileged white narcissist that's a gambling drug addict to tell a black man talking about his experience with institutional racism that it's time to be quiet and move on.

I'm sure Heritier will realise the error of his ways now.
Nah! Unpalatable though it may be, and I know it doesn’t fit your narrative, but Beams is spot on for one of the few times in his life. Heretier is a paranoid, obsessive, neurotic, self pitying, disturbed individual.

Just because he’s black doesn’t mean his claims shouldn’t be scrutinised closely, rather than automatically accepted. But I suppose when you start off with the standard left wing “privileged white…….” we knew what would follow.

Nah! Unpalatable though it may be, and I know it doesn’t fit your narrative, but Beams is spot on for one of the few times in his life. Heretier is a paranoid, obsessive, neurotic, self pitying, disturbed individual.

Just because he’s black doesn’t mean his claims shouldn’t be scrutinised closely, rather than automatically accepted. But I suppose when you start off with the standard left wing “privileged white…….” we knew what would follow.
Do you know what my narrative is? I'd like you to explain it to me.

I know the term "privilege" is commonly a left wing trope however it could not be more fitting in this situation. He's a man who got in lots of bad debt that got a very, very rich and powerful mate to make go away whilst also providing him with a high paying and secure job, despite being a cretinous lowlife who as we know is an all-around sh** person. That is the absolute definition of privilege.

As for the white part, any time a white person tells a black person to be quiet and move on it's problematic. Whether they're right or not, it doesn't actually help discourse and work to resolve the problem, but rather exacerbates it. Whether the accusations are real or whether the implied victim is wrong is irrelevant to the bigger picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know what my narrative is? I'd like you to explain it to me.

I know the term "privilege" is commonly a left wing trope however it could not be more fitting in this situation. He's a man who got in lots of bad debt that got a very, very rich and powerful mate to make go away whilst also providing him with a high paying and secure job, despite being a cretinous lowlife who as we know is an all-around sh** person. That is the absolute definition of privilege.

As for the white part, any time a white person tells a black person to be quiet and move on it's problematic. Whether they're right or not, it doesn't actually help discourse and work to resolve the problem, but rather exacerbates it. Whether the accusations are real or whether the implied victim is wrong is irrelevant to the bigger picture.
So you’re basically saying that because Beams is white he cannot in essence say to a person of colour: “Heretier you are obsessive, hyper-sensitive and a seriously disturbed individual, and for your own mental well being, it’s time to move on”. I don’t accept that caveat being placed on anyone to voice their opinion, and I don’t care whether they are black or white, or whatever.

And as for Beam’s shortcomings, they’ve been well publicised. But that doesn’t disqualify him from having an opinion, and being entitled to voice it. And it doesn’t make him wrong either. We’ve all got our faults, it’s just that Beam’s faults are on full display, as he’s a well known person. I don’t know how you’d go, but I don’t think I’d like all my shortcomings to be a matter of public comment, judgement and censure.

So you’re basically saying that because Beams is white he cannot say in essence say to a person of colour: “Heretier you are obsessive, hyper-sensitive and a seriously disturbed individual, and for your own mental well being, it’s time to move on”. I don’t accept that caveat being placed on anyone to voice their opinion, and I don’t care whether they are black or white, or whatever.

And as for Beam’s shortcomings, they’ve been well publicised. But that doesn’t disqualify him from having an opinion, and being entitled to voice it. And it doesn’t make him wrong either. We’ve all got our faults, it’s just that Beam’s faults are on full display, as he’s a well known person. I don’t know how you’d go, but I don’t think I’d like all my shortcomings to be a matter of public comment and judgement.
No, that's not what I'm saying. No caveat is being placed on him giving an opinion. I criticised his statement and provided background onto why it was even worse because of who he is. I didn't say he's not allowed an opinion.

There's no shutting down of opinion going on here, it's criticism of the opinion itself. He's free to disagree and add to the dialogue, however he can also be criticised for it. He said something dumb, unconstructive and potentially hurtful to many black people, or any victim for any crime.

For this situation to resolve, constructive and meaningful conversations are required, and telling a potential victim to be quiet and move on is anything but that. It's nice to help out what Dayne said by suggesting he was "in essence saying", but that's a weak straw man that doesn't mean anything - what he actually said is what I've criticised.

“Beams was booked in the last quarter for rough conduct (dangerous tackle) and then was reported for abusing an umpire following the incident.

Both were yellow card offences so it resulted in a red card.

Pearcedale has until 12pm on Monday to accept an early guilty plea of three weeks for rough conduct and a reprimand and fine for abuse.”

Seems like a bit of a media beat up to generate some clicks. Also where the * is local footy going if you automatically get 3 weeks for a dangerous tackle?

Seems like a bit of a media beat up to generate some clicks. Also where the * is local footy going if you automatically get 3 weeks for a dangerous tackle?

No issue with that at all from me. A player died this week from a concussion.

They need to be particularly harsh with this at local level where blokes have a tendency to get away with thuggery away from the scrutiny of cameras.

We're either getting real on concussion across the board or we aren't.

Go hard now and change behaviours and it will result in far less pain or even harsher measures in coming years.

“Beams was booked in the last quarter for rough conduct (dangerous tackle) and then was reported for abusing an umpire following the incident.

Both were yellow card offences so it resulted in a red card.

Pearcedale has until 12pm on Monday to accept an early guilty plea of three weeks for rough conduct and a reprimand and fine for abuse.”

Probably wants the week off to do the Warrnambool cup.

Probably wants the week off to do the Warrnambool cup.

And some free time to pick up some more flatpacked, chipboard coffee tables from Super Amart, fingerpaint on them, then flip them for 500 bucks.

They're for the most part amateurs they can't afford time off work due to injuries so it's natural that they'd be harder on things outside the rules that could result in injury.

Last edited:

Is it 3 weeks for a dangerous tackle or 3 weeks for getting a red card.

He got the red card due to two yellow cards.

They're for the most part amateurs they can't afford time off work due to injuries so it's natural that they'd be harder on things outside the rules that could result in injury.
exactly the reason I gave up.
getting $150 a game back in the early-mid 90's for a Div 1 SFL team, found recovery on a sunday and monday making work challenging during the week.
add to that, the teams with the caveman CHB and FB that used to use the back of my head as a speedball, I just didn't need the hassle anymore.
also made it easier to go to the AFL on a saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back