Rumour Racism class action against the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

A landmark class action has been launched against the AFL for failing to protect players from racial abuse on the field.

The class action was brought on by North Melbourne great Phil Krakouer and includes six others who played football between 1975 and 2022.

Those players wish to remain anonymous at this time.

A group of Indigenous Australian Rules football players, led by 1980s legend Phil Krakouer, launched a landmark class action against the AFL on Friday, claiming the game failed to protect players from vile racial abuse on the field that resulted in life-altering damage.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What's the bet the AFL will sweep this under the carpet like they did with the Hawthorn saga?

Another complaint where the accusers wanted a handout while remaining hidden.

I like this idea that the AFL has the power to stop racism. Just click their fingers and its gone.

Another complaint where the accusers wanted a handout while remaining hidden.

I like this idea that the AFL has the power to stop racism. Just click their fingers and its gone.

Lol there’s obviously a huge difference between “clicking fingers to stop racism” and “doing absolutely * all, in fact sometimes empowering the racism”.

Almost as if there was a few steps in between? Or is that too much nuance for you?

Lol there’s obviously a huge difference between “clicking fingers to stop racism” and “doing absolutely * all, in fact sometimes empowering the racism”.

Almost as if there was a few steps in between? Or is that too much nuance for you?

A player who stopped playing in 2022 is on the list.

What more should the AFL have done over the last 6 or 8 years ?

Thought screening at all ground entrances? Regulating social media ?

What's the bet the AFL will sweep this under the carpet like they did with the Hawthorn saga?

difference here is that the complainants are prepared to submit their claims and have them tested by opposition. Nothing stopping the hawthorn aggrieved from doing exactly the same thing. Of course you don't wonder why they haven't, coz the AFL hushed them up. You just know it's true.

difference here is that the complainants are prepared to submit their claims and have them tested by opposition. Nothing stopping the hawthorn aggrieved from doing exactly the same thing. Of course you don't wonder why they haven't, coz the AFL hushed them up. You just know it's true.
Surely you are not suggesting that the AFL uses brown envelopes? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if admitted racial abusers like Dermott Brereton, Garry Lyon and Tony Shaw are liable here?

Surely to win such a case they’d have to go into specific incidents, dates, names etc.

Can’t just be a ‘the whole league was racist back then and caused me trauma’

Or can it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back