Rumour Kylie Minogue AFL grand final entertainment (EDIT: KISS to perform at the 'G)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure KISS’ act works during the day.

I saw them as a teenager in their 2001 “farewell” tour and again in 2003 when they did the gig with the Melbourne Symphony. Fast forward 20 years and Paul Stanley’s voice is well and truly cooked and has been so for several years.

It’s a shame Gene Simmons whores out the band.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what is your measurement that it would? No matter what they do you have already decided..

Still one of the best acts in the world today. If you don’t get it, it’s your problem

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Best acts? Because they use fireworks? I can see fireworks anywhere

This is roughly what it might look like at the MCG.

It’s not a bad performance. But they are 24 years younger. Paul Stanley cannot sing anymore, and nobody under the age of 40 is even remotely amused by their ridiculous image nor their mass produced pop rock.

But they are 24 years younger.

So?

Paul Stanley cannot sing anymore,

Paul Stanley doesn't necessarily have to perform three songs at the MCG.
and nobody under the age of 40 is even remotely amused by their ridiculous image nor their mass produced pop rock.

"Nobody"? Absolutely "nobody" under 40 attends KISS concerts? Looked to be a few under 40 fans at the KISS concert in Melbourne last year.

Last edited:
So?

Paul Stanley doesn't necessarily have to perform three songs at the MCG.

"Nobody"? Absolutely "nobody" under 40 attends KISS concerts? Looked to be a few under 40 fans at the KISS concert in Melbourne last year.

Can you pick out a highlight from that video please? I skipped through a few songs and couldn't find any. It's exactly what I thought it would be - some oldies singing commercially successful songs from 40+ years ago and having a good time doing it. Nice to see, but very tame.

I love classic rock. It's my favourite musical category. In fact I'm a bit of a buff for it. The Who are perhaps my favourite band of all time. I saw them live and had a good time. But I'd spit my coffee if I saw them signed up to do a show like this, because quite frankly they suck. It's mostly an age thing. To quote Sick Boy "At one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever." Some rockers stand the test of time and others don't. Kiss are in the latter.

Yes it's just a short half-time performance, but the AFL simply could have done much better and be remotely with the times. There's probably some slightly less washed up 90s acts who would drive interest and kick ass.

Can you pick out a highlight from that video please? I skipped through a few songs and couldn't find any. It's exactly what I thought it would be - some oldies singing commercially successful songs from 40+ years ago and having a good time doing it. Nice to see, but very tame.

They'll play of their three better known songs send up a few fireworks and walls of flame to give a taste of what a KISS concert is like, just as they did at the Superbowl, and create a 20 minute spectacle that will be watched as well as listened to. I wouldnt read too much into it. It'll likely be spectacular and the musicianship will be adequate. I've seen less exciting acts at the Grand Finals I've previously attended.
Kiss are in the latter.

Certainly not what they were, but they still draw big crowds at their concerts and recent concert reviews such as this one from June this year and this one from July 2023 seem to be positive.
Yes it's just a short half-time performance, but the AFL... be remotely with the times.

You mean like Lionel Ritchie, Bryan Adams and Tom Jones?
There's probably some slightly less washed up 90s acts who would drive interest and kick ass.

Maybe. But this year it's KISS, who are of interest to a lot of people and not all of those are over 40.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back