Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute lowlife.

I know it is easy for me to say but I really can't see the upside to players (esp those who have had mental health struggles) checking all this crap out and engaging with them.

Absolute lowlife.

I know it is easy for me to say but I really can't see the upside to players (esp those who have had mental health struggles) checking all this crap out and engaging with them.

The only way to avoid these comments is delete all social media.. Which kind of leaves you socially isolated when all your friends and family use social media and lots of events are planned on there.

Jeez, I hope the guy's alright. He would be feeling a lot of pressure and guilt being out injured.

I hope he uses the time well and comes back better and happier than ever.

I hope he doesn't feel any added pressure, I'm sure he will get back and be at his best again in no time. People call him selfish for leaving the brions but taking a pay cut clearly means this is the best place for him. I'm sure those people will get around him and he'll be back in a couple weeks good luck mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish him well. Hope he can remain diligent in his rehab and get back this year but that remains a secondary consideration.

I'm amazed at some of the comments on especially Facebook about this situation. People just simply aren't educated enough on this matter, sad state really. Wishing Beamer all the best and hope to see him back in our colors in the near future.

Some people are just dead set scum.

The good news just keeps on coming at the Pies.

All the best to Dayne - he was basically out until 2020 anyway so hopefully this is a good way of getting the clear space he needs to be up and firing next year.

The only way to avoid these comments is delete all social media.. Which kind of leaves you socially isolated when all your friends and family use social media and lots of events are planned on there.

He probably should only use social media to contact his friends and family. There must be ways to privatise his accounts so he is isolated from the masses and limits his contacts to those close to him.

He probably should only use social media to contact his friends and family. There must be ways to privatise his accounts so he is isolated from the masses and limits his contacts to those close to him.

You can "have" social media without really reading others comments, but once you start using it and looking around it's impossible not to see stuff that's being written, and if you know it's being written about you the urge to check what it is must be overwhelming.

Also doesn't help when people send him direct messages abusing him, damn hard to ignore that 24/7 from so many people. Social media is just designed to get as many people connected as possible, and there are negative consequences to that.

You can "have" social media without really reading others comments, but once you start using it and looking around it's impossible not to see stuff that's being written, and if you know it's being written about you the urge to check what it is must be overwhelming.

Also doesn't help when people send him direct messages abusing him, damn hard to ignore that 24/7 from so many people. Social media is just designed to get as many people connected as possible, and there are negative consequences to that.
The only social media I have is Big Footy.

The only social media I have is Big Footy.

Probably a good thing. Places like facebook and twitter you get exposed to many weird and wonderful, sometimes poisonous ideas and opinions on any number of topics that you don't have much choice over what messages you receive. At least here it's pretty much limited to opinions on footy which is pretty harmless, unless you go searching other forums you will find some interesting views here too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back