Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a counselor, i'm sure theres a code of ethics/confidentiality etc. she must abide by.

That's correct....if only she was registered. Confidentiality is not just about names but also content. It is the reason the AFLPA are angry as she has broken confidentiality in regards to what was said in the sessions.

I also don't buy the crap that she is trying to bring it to a head. There are so many more appropriate ways to do it than run to the press. If Wayne Schwass is disappointed with her (and he does great work in the area of metal health and player welfare) then you know to laugh off the HS driven painting of the AFLPA as the bad guys here. She has broken confidentiality in a major way.

That's correct....if only she was registered. Confidentiality is not just about names but also content. It is the reason the AFLPA are angry as she has broken confidentiality in regards to what was said in the sessions.

I also don't buy the crap that she is trying to bring it to a head. There are so many more appropriate ways to do it than run to the press. If Wayne Schwass is disappointed with her (and he does great work in the area of metal health and player welfare) then you know to laugh off the HS driven painting of the AFLPA as the bad guys here. She has broken confidentiality in a major way.
I've done some work with Wayne, he is a very good man.

It's clearly not cut & dried either way. So best we move on.

There were rumours of circling of Beams having a gambling issue, so they press went with the story. The Herald Sun basically ran a free ad for her business in exchange for some info that may have been fictional, and definitely should have been confidential if true. The paper and her are as dodgy as they come.

There were rumours of circling of Beams having a gambling issue, so they press went with the story. The Herald Sun basically ran a free ad for her business in exchange for some info that may have been fictional, and definitely should have been confidential if true. The paper and her are as dodgy as they come.
The only link with Beams is her name, simply by coincidence.
The rumour of the players involvement stems from that coincidence.

The only link with Beams is her name, simply by coincidence.
The rumour of the players involvement stems from that coincidence.

I'm suggesting that they ran with a dodgily sourced and un-verified story (a lot was said about the AFLPA without them even being asked for a quote) because of the rumours about Beams.

I'm suggesting that they ran with a dodgily sourced and un-verified story (a lot was said about the AFLPA without them even being asked for a quote) because of the rumours about Beams.
I am suggesting the rumours about Beams stem from the coincidental name of the Jan Beams in the issue. That Beams the player has no gambling problem at all and that long bows were drawn.

The Beams rumours were around well before that article. I received messages about it (which I do not believe) in May.
I am specifically talking about the $1million dollar payment by Ed.
If Beams wants to gamble it's his decision. He is an adult and gambling is legal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am specifically talking about the $1million dollar payment by Ed.
If Beams wants to gamble it's his decision. He is an adult and gambling is legal.
That was the ridiculous rumour I was messaged about back in May. If clowns like us hear about it, you can guarantee Ken Wood would have heard about it, and if it was true, it would be the biggest story in town. Because we would have breached our salary cap and be in big tsuris.

The rumours about Beams began before the article was written or read.

How do we know the gestation period of the article? May well have been sitting on a back burner for a number of weeks.

Seems way too much of a coincidence.
The mill is chock full of idiots with dyslexia who see a word and make an massive assumption then sprint to tell everyone their delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back