Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

BREAKING! Warner Bros. developing Harley Quinn spin-off movie with Margot Robbie! RT

In an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains, with names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey surfacing.

Gotham city sirens would make a great movie and would be a good way to introduce catwoman and ivy without wasting time in a batman flick

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/geoff-johns-wants-dc-films-to-include-more-hope-optimism

Nevertheless, he did discuss the future of the DC brand, which he believes needs more "hope and optimism. "There's a lot of emotional underpinning of the characters and the stories," he shared. "It's not that people take it for granted. They’re just not as aware of it. But when it's not there, you really feel that emptiness.”

"I think people make a mistake when they say, 'Superman's not relatable because he's so powerful,'' he added. "I'm like, 'Are you kidding me? He's a farmboy from Kansas who moves to the city and just wants to do the best he can with what he's got.' That's the most relatable character in the world."

I get the feeling Johns isn't a fan of Snyder...

That quote from Johns about supes doesnt give me much hope for improvement.

If you cant get people to relate to him then have him inspire awe because thats the feeling I got as a kid watching him. I didnt want him to be like me I wanted to be like him.

But if they can demostrate that Cavills superman can do something besides remembering to breathe that would be a good start.

Snyder seems completely inept at even remotely understanding the concept of Superman's character.

The fact that it's seemingly being shifted into Johns' hands is a victory in itself.

That quote from Johns about supes doesnt give me much hope for improvement.

If you cant get people to relate to him then have him inspire awe because thats the feeling I got as a kid watching him. I didnt want him to be like me I wanted to be like him.

But if they can demostrate that Cavills superman can do something besides remembering to breathe that would be a good start.
I agree with Johns in that the way I relate to Superman is that this is a guy that could conquer the planet if he wanted. He could do anything. But instead he chooses to live a quiet life and do whatever he can to help. That's a fascinating character for me. Why does he choose to do that? What makes him so determined? That's what I find interesting. And it's what Snyder so completely missed.

I agree with Johns in that the way I relate to Superman is that this is a guy that could conquer the planet if he wanted. He could do anything. But instead he chooses to live a quiet life and do whatever he can to help. That's a fascinating character for me. Why does he choose to do that? What makes him so determined? That's what I find interesting. And it's what Snyder so completely missed.

I might be in a minority about this but I always liked the John Byrne take. How Clark is actually himself with the glasses on and the Superman persona is the alter ago. It's something that was hated in interpretations like Lois and Clark but for me that made Clark someone who obviously lived as any other human and relatable regardless of how much power he has. It also explains why he prefers to live among us and not rule.

The problem with the current movies is that optimism isn't in place. Usually the start of franchises begin with an enjoyable and fun story, then move to something darker in the sequel. Man of Steel went dark pretty quickly.

Saw an interesting suggestion/rumour that Channing Tatum might be looking to leave Gambit for a DCEU role. Somebody suggested Shazam which actually wouldn't be too bad a choice IMO. Not a huge fan of Tatum but loved his work in 21 and 22 Jump Street. Shazam could be a more light hearted movie with more comedy in it and so he might be a decent shout.

Someone also suggested Captain Cold in the article I read. Food for thought I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw an interesting suggestion/rumour that Channing Tatum might be looking to leave Gambit for a DCEU role. Somebody suggested Shazam which actually wouldn't be too bad a choice IMO. Not a huge fan of Tatum but loved his work in 21 and 22 Jump Street. Shazam could be a more light hearted movie with more comedy in it and so he might be a decent shout.

Someone also suggested Captain Cold in the article I read. Food for thought I guess.
Gambit just ain't gonna happen.

Gambit just ain't gonna happen.

Yeah not sure what the story with it is but every time I check the news, seems to be some kind of new delay/hurdle for the project.

Just saw as well that Rick Famuyiwa is apparently going to direct the Flash solo film.

Haven't heard of him before but he apparently directed and wrote the screenplay for 'Dope' which I've heard good things about.

This is JK Simmons preparing for Justice League. I don't even know what's going on anymore.

13328975_516128481921467_1995424731_n.jpg

Meanwhile Marvel secures Ryan Coogler.....

That's the guy who directed Creed yeah? What movie will he direct?

This is JK Simmons preparing for Justice League. I don't even know what's going on anymore.

13328975_516128481921467_1995424731_n.jpg

No idea how long he's been training for but geezus!

Black panther iirc

Ah yeah, that makes sense - weren't they trying to cast predominantly dark skinned actors and actresses as well?

Good director, Creed was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back