Decriminalisation of drugs... your thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

He isn't wrong that people are responsible for what they knowingly decide to do, which in this case is putting questionable substances into their bodies.
They are only questionable substances because of prohibition.
Pill testing will at least address the questionable part

This issue is not even about drugs. This is about politics and money and kids will continue to die because of it...

What has the expert panel from Snozz Berejiklian achieved ? They ruled out pill testing before the " experts " could even convene.
Then they stacked the board with the Chair of Liquor and Gaming Authority - Philip Crawford lol!
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...er-music-festival-deaths-20180918-p504gw.html

Out of curiosity, how does testing the pill help in the case of an overdose?
The media is part of the problem. Very unlikely that these kids are overdosing on MDMA. From what I’ve read it’s very unlikely.

Kids are being killed by drug makers putting s**t substances like PMA instead of MDMA. A kid takes a pill with something like this in and it doesn’t take a lot to go wrong for them to die. In some cases they’d be taking another pill because the first one didn’t hit like it should.

Then there’s also the possibility of heat stroke brought on by MDMA or pre-existing medical conditions being worsened.

Yet anytime a kid dies it is described as overdose and as a result we’ve got all these ignorant politicians and adults believing these kids are smashing large amounts of the drug like a heroin junkie overdosing.

Testing would alert people to the fact that their pill either contains MDMA or doesn’t, and also alerts them to other substances in the pill. A rational adult could not possibly use that service, be alerted to the presence of something dangerous or unknown and then decide to still take the pill.

To me it’s so ******* obvious how it will work and there’s evidence of it. Yet morons like the NSW premier continue to ignore the evidence and crap on about irrelevant s**t.

Honesty it’s farcical the way some of these politicians are against it when they’ve already got heroin users being looked after. Let’s help people with a habit much more destructive to their lives and people around them, but * the kids wanting to feel good for a few hours at a festival. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Last edited:
Less tga
So we have had 6 deaths so far in Australia during this festival period.

How does Europe stack up when they have even more festivals and way more drugs available?
Less than 10 per year in Netherlands although, poisoning caused by ecstacy is on the rise because more MDMA in pills in recent years according to Trimbos.

No!

Why this push to exclude people from personal responsibility in our society these days?

Why are these mironic kids taking this crap? They obviously have a lack of strong role models in their life.

Why is there a market for these dealers?

These "moronic kids" go on to be productive members of society... they take them for the same reason kids in the 60's took LSD. It is human nature to search for mind altering experiences.

I do agree on the personal responsibility though... and that's why pill testing helps - its helps responsible kids who want to to know what they are ingesting is what they purchased. The status quo is the problem, ranting about young people included.

Yet anytime a kid dies it is described as overdose and as a result we’ve got all these ignorant politicians and adults believing these kids are smashing large amounts of the drug like a heroin junkie overdosing.

Call it what you want but the fact remains that these kids are being killed because of drugs.
There is plenty of blame to go around, but surely the blame starts with the person's choice to use drugs.

Call it what you want but the fact remains that these kids are being killed because of drugs.
There is plenty of blame to go around, but surely the blame starts with the person's choice to use drugs.
Does it matter? Why are you and some others so focused on the blame game?

I’m not blaming politicians for what these kids do, I’m simply having a crack at them for failing to put in a similar measure to the safe injecting rooms.

Kids are going to continue to use these drugs. MDMA in its pure form taken occasionally really isn’t that harmful from what is known.

That’s what the kids are looking for when they buy a pill.

If pill testing can stop some people from taking a s**t pill laced with something that isn’t MDMA and save them as a result then why not do it? What is to lose?

As a young adult myself I find it very unlikely it’s going to result in a dramatic increase in drug use. Those who don’t touch anything at the moment do so because of their opposition to drugs. I don’t think it’s anything to do with safety.

Plus I daresay if people can test their pills at festivals it may stop some from
going and using more harmful substances like cocaine because they now know what’s in the pills. As ridiculous as it may sound I know of people who use cocaine now instead of pills because they’re worried about a bad pill.

Does it matter? Why are you and some others so focused on the blame game?

I’m not blaming politicians for what these kids do, I’m simply having a crack at them for failing to put in a similar measure to the safe injecting rooms.

Kids are going to continue to use these drugs. MDMA in its pure form taken occasionally really isn’t that harmful from what is known.

That’s what the kids are looking for when they buy a pill.

If pill testing can stop some people from taking a s**t pill laced with something that isn’t MDMA and save them as a result then why not do it? What is to lose?

As a young adult myself I find it very unlikely it’s going to result in a dramatic increase in drug use. Those who don’t touch anything at the moment do so because of their opposition to drugs. I don’t think it’s anything to do with safety.

Plus I daresay if people can test their pills at festivals it may stop some from
going and using more harmful substances like cocaine because they now know what’s in the pills. As ridiculous as it may sound I know of people who use cocaine now instead of pills because they’re worried about a bad pill.

I am not focused at all on the blame game. It is a sideshow trotted out conveniently to blame the politicians, blame the parents, blame the drug dealers...achieves nothing.

It isn't the responsibility of anyone other than the drug user to make sure that the crap they are buying is safe.
That's not to say there shouldn't be pill testing.

If you don't pill test I will use cocaine instead ...WTF?

Take some responsibility for your own drug use. It doesn't matter what safeguards are in place if people don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

The kids wouldnt be dying if simple pill testing was available or more sensibly the drugs were leagalised and the product sold legally while adhering to quality standards

The kids wouldnt be dying if simple pill testing was available or more sensibly the drugs were leagalised and the product sold legally while adhering to quality standards

Back to that nonsense again.

You can't sell drugs like lollies no matter how safe you claim they are.

Drugs are regulated, heavily, for a reason.

Recreational drugs are NEVER going to be treated differently to medicinal drugs.

These "moronic kids" go on to be productive members of society... they take them for the same reason kids in the 60's took LSD. It is human nature to search for mind altering experiences.

I do agree on the personal responsibility though... and that's why pill testing helps - its helps responsible kids who want to to know what they are ingesting is what they purchased. The status quo is the problem, ranting about young people included.

Whoever is responsible for implementing pill testing will be blamed when s**t goes bad via the grieving family.. Law suits. You'd have to be naive to think otherwise.

Shouldn't happen.

The war on drugs is a con job, Ehrlichman 'fessed up. You've been had mate, stop cheering preventable death.

I couldn't care less. Just don't expect someone else to be responsible for your bad decisions.

Preventable = don't take the s**t.

Reality = take a risk, deal with the consequences.

I couldn't care less. Just don't expect someone else to be responsible for your bad decisions.

Preventable = don't take the s**t.

Reality = take a risk, deal with the consequences.
Right... so if you couldn't care less you are an advocate for total drug legalisation.
Let users decide themselves and take personal responsibility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to that nonsense again.

You can't sell drugs like lollies no matter how safe you claim they are.

Drugs are regulated, heavily, for a reason.

Recreational drugs are NEVER going to be treated differently to medicinal drugs.

You argue against legalisation then you go and provide more reasons why it works.

Regulation would provide safer drugs and less deaths.
We all want that dont we?

As you say... heavy regulation of social drugs under legalisation provides safety mechanisms and control of input.

Why should taxpayers fund criminal behavior? They make the choice to take drugs, they accept the consequences. If anything get tougher, if you take drugs you void your medicare and all insurance. If they die charge whomever gave or sold.them the drugs with murder since they committed a crime that led to a death.

Why should taxpayers fund criminal behavior? They make the choice to take drugs, they accept the consequences. If anything get tougher, if you take drugs you void your medicare and all insurance. If they die charge whomever gave or sold.them the drugs with murder since they committed a crime that led to a death.
Does your solution cover all law breakers or only law breakers who take drugs?

You argue against legalisation then you go and provide more reasons why it works.

Regulation would provide safer drugs and less deaths.
We all want that dont we?

As you say... heavy regulation of social drugs under legalisation provides safety mechanisms and control of input.

Yeah nah, you're just making s**t up again.

You don't get AIDS from cocaine or any other drug.

If you had even half a brain you would understand that legality is only a tiny part of the drug problem.

Right... so if you couldn't care less you are an advocate for total drug legalisation.
Let users decide themselves and take personal responsibility

Why stop there, let murderers decide if they should kill or not.

Personal responsibility is trumped by community responsibility.

Yeah nah, you're just making s**t up again.

You don't get AIDS from cocaine or any other drug.

If you had even half a brain you would understand that legality is only a tiny part of the drug problem.
To stop people getting AIDS while having sex was sex prohibited?

But if we unregulate murder then murder will be safer and people can choose whether they want to murder or not.
You are the only person i have ever heard suggest that we should legalise murder.
Its a slightly unhinged suggestion even as a comparison

You are the only person i have ever heard suggest that we should legalise murder.
Its a slightly unhinged suggestion even as a comparison

It simply follows your logic...there was a war on somefing...it didn't work because the thing the war was on didn't stop...therefore we should legalise that thing...simples. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back