Opinion Dees V Dogs - Sunday MCG 1.00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m assuming Sanders will get his own post?

It also suggests Dale isn’t ready or Daniel will be left out. Alternatively there may be no JOD and we’re going with one genuine KPD.

It also suggests Dale isn’t ready or Daniel will be left out. Alternatively there may be no JOD and we’re going with one genuine KPD.
Gotta be Dale or JOD you’d think, will be fuming if we leave CD out for Bramble tbh.

Jones, Buku & Coffield this week would be fine, with JOD back next week - I’d be happy with that

Edit: he could just be sub too, as they’re named as playing on Thursday so would technically still be his club debut

Bev was pretty clear about picking a fit side and not taking any risks with guys lacking match fitness so I suspect all of Dale, Macrae, and JOD are out.

FB: Richards - Jones - Coffield
HB: Johannisen - Khamis - Bramble

C: Williams - Bontempelli - Harmes

HF: McNeil - Naughton - West
FF: Lobb - JUH - Weightman

R: English - Liberatore - Treloar

I: Sanders - Duryea - Daniel - Gallagher
S: Vandermeer

Though no comment on Gallagher debuting yet - so possibly VDM in the team, Baker to sub.

Gotta be Dale or JOD you’d think, will be fuming if we leave CD out for Bramble tbh.

Jones, Buku & Coffield this week would be fine, with JOD back next week - I’d be happy with that

Edit: he could just be sub too, as they’re named as playing on Thursday so would technically still be his club debut
That's true. I forgot that we have to name the full 23 these days.

JOD is still touch and go, more likely not playing but will be given every opportunity. Bramble is amongst the 2 or 3 to be named Sub but will be finalised in the next couple days.

Bev was pretty clear about picking a fit side and not taking any risks with guys lacking match fitness so I suspect all of Dale, Macrae, and JOD are out.

FB: Richards - Jones - Coffield
HB: Johannisen - Khamis - Bramble

C: Williams - Bontempelli - Harmes

HF: McNeil - Naughton - West
FF: Lobb - JUH - Weightman

R: English - Liberatore - Treloar

I: Sanders - Duryea - Daniel - Gallagher
S: Vandermeer

Though no comment on Gallagher debuting yet - so possibly VDM in the team, Baker to sub.
That's pretty close to it I imagine, although I'm not sure VDM gets in given the concussion protocols. Scott must be close to selection as he's a senior player who can play anywhere.

That's pretty close to it I imagine, although I'm not sure VDM gets in given the concussion protocols. Scott must be close to selection as he's a senior player who can play anywhere.
Ah, I'd missed the concussion. You'd think Baker or Cleary are next up given the preseason game emergencies.

09b44ae920da9b1a512b9275f65c1cc6.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some great off season acquisitions by the club. Coff fills that 3rd tall defender we’ve lacked. Harmes that mongrel utility and Bramble the outside run.

Been said before, but our tail end looks so much better than last few seasons.

Sanders is an AFL debutant the others are not virgins, Sanders will get his moment tomorrow

Daniel as the sub doesn't make a ton of sense to me. One of his biggest assets (his elite tank and ability to run all day), is negated somewhat being used as the sub. Would much rather a Gallagher, Vandermeer, Bramble etc be used in this role personally.
Agreed I still think there’s a place for him in the starting 22 and I hope he’s named

Remove this Banner Ad

Back