Deliberate OOB

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there were worse things tonight than the deliberate rule at least there were bad decisions for both teams. I thought the umpires had a bad night but can't see how it favoured any one team.

Have actually noticed this trend over the last few weeks, at least in the Tiges games I've viewed. Against the blues there was probably three calls and also the week before if I recall correctly.
IMO it's not a specific focus but more a whole the umpires dig themselves- once they pay the first one they realise they've set that standard and start paying more and more. It's either none or several

Have actually noticed this trend over the last few weeks, at least in the Tiges games I've viewed. Against the blues there was probably three calls and also the week before if I recall correctly.
IMO it's not a specific focus but more a whole the umpires dig themselves- once they pay the first one they realise they've set that standard and start paying more and more. It's either none or several

Was terribly umpired tonight. I wonder though rather than a directive whether it was because they paid an early one to the cats, then got sucked in by the crowd to pay the square up to the eagles and from then on for consistency sake they just kept paying them.

I think there were worse things tonight than the deliberate rule at least there were bad decisions for both teams. I thought the umpires had a bad night but can't see how it favoured any one team.
I agree, but that doesn't make it any better. Just means the umps were shocking all game instead of half. Absolutely no clue

If they are going to pay it that badly just pay against last touch.
helped cover up some very bad umpiring in many areas - we were not robbed, football was and so were geelong

ports coach was sacked for a poor performance, this effort from the umpires fell way below that.

U 10 umpires have a better feel for the game.

It seemed like after the first deliberate the umpires felt like they needed to pay them the other way and it just started snowballing out of control

Um tonight was a little different to previous weeks. There were at least 8 deliberate free kicks, no other game comes close

Noticed in the Adel/Ess game last week that they were being alot stricter, there was at least 4 or 5 frees paid for it. But tonight was just horrible, they were paying it for not making a genuine attempt to keep it in rather than deliberately knocking it out.

I loved it tonight. If it's in a players best interest to take the ball out of play, they should be penalised. Simple as that. It leads to more attacking football and a far better spectacle.