Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Goffs defense held the Pats out too, and he had a chance for a game-winning drive himself and he couldn't do it. Tom could. Hence the difference. Both D's were locked in a tied arm-wrestle for most of the game.

It's ******* garbage. They need to narrow it down a bit if they want to make it seem like it's clutch, none of this +7 mins bullshit still being one.

It's ******* garbage. They need to narrow it down a bit if they want to make it seem like it's clutch, none of this +7 mins bullshit still being one.
Agree with that too. Game-winning drive to me is literally like the last drive you have on offense. Some of these game-winning drives are being classified as last time you scored, which is wrong.

Still, there's something to be said about Brady vs Goff in that game.

Agree with that too. Game-winning drive to me is literally like the last drive you have on offense. Some of these game-winning drives are being classified as last time you scored, which is wrong.

Goff bot 2000 couldnt operate when Sean couldn't decipher BBs defense for him.

What about Bill v McVay?
Bills D often shuts out the other team allowing Bradez to actually finish the comebacks.

The 28-3 Superbowl is the perfect example. 28-3 at the half and the final score is 34-28. Bills D gives up no score to an offense that put up 28 in a half but Brady gets all the credit for the comeback.

I think technically Brady has 6 gamewinning drives in the 6 superbowl wins based on how they measure it, but they definitely haven't been 6 final drive wins.

Bills D often shuts out the other team allowing Bradez to actually finish the comebacks.

The 28-3 Superbowl is the perfect example. 28-3 at the half and the final score is 34-28. Bills D gives up no score to an offense that put up 28 in a half but Brady gets all the credit for the comeback.
And passing in FG range. I’m sweating thinking about it.

People never mention that the Pats D allowed only 21 points to one of the most prolific offences of all time in that game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lmao

wJeGSEs.jpg

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-all-decade-top-101-best-nfl-players-2010s

7. EDGE VON MILLER
There has been no better pure pass-rusher of the decade than Von Miller, who hit the ground running as a rookie and posted eight consecutive seasons with a PFF grade north of 90.0 to begin his career. He has 40 more total pressures than any other pass-rusher over the decade and the best pass-rush win rate and pressure rate of any edge rusher. When the Broncos won their Super Bowl, Miller was arguably the single-biggest differentiator between the two teams. And in that game, he had a PFF grade of 94.7, pressuring Cam Newton eight times, sacking him three times, forcing two fumbles and recording a pass breakup. Miller has been the standard by which all other edge rushers have been measured since he entered the NFL.

12. CB CHRIS HARRIS JR.
Chris Harris Jr.’s career has been a remarkable thing to behold. An undrafted player out of Kansas, Harris forced his way onto the team as a nickel corner, played so well he earned snaps outside in base and then so well at that that he became a true No.1 cornerback who didn’t even play in the slot anymore. Harris has been targeted over 600 times in the decade, and yet surrendered just 6.3 yards per reception. Over the course of the 2010s, only Richard Sherman allowed fewer receiving yards per snap in coverage than the 0.89 Chris Harris did, and nobody did it with a more varied role within his defense or a tougher path to success than hitting the league as an undrafted free agent.

18. QB PEYTON MANNING
Obviously, Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks in league history, but he was drafted in 1998, so the past decade captures only the last part of his career. Still, that was good enough to propel him into the top 20 of this list. Manning’s late-career revival in Denver was a remarkable thing to watch. Fresh off a neck injury that threatened to end his career, Manning retaught himself how to play the game within his new physical limitations and then put up back to back seasons with a PFF grade above 90.0, including the greatest statistical season of his career with 55 touchdown passes and almost 5,500 yards. Manning eventually grabbed a second Super Bowl ring, but his play in the years before that was what propelled him up this list.

85. CB AQIB TALIB
Aqib Talib was always a supremely talented cornerback, but it wasn’t until he found himself in a defensive scheme that suited his man-to-man coverage skills that we started to see what he was truly capable of. That transformation started in New England before he became an integral part of the “No Fly Zone” secondary in Denver during the Broncos' great Super Bowl run. In Talib’s best season (2015), he allowed a passer rating under 50.0 when targeted including the postseason.

87. WR EMMANUEL SANDERS
Recovering from a torn Achilles and returning as if nothing happened only exemplifies the kind of incredible consistency we have seen from Emmanuel Sanders throughout his NFL career. Even at 32 years old, Sanders made an immediate impact with the San Francisco 49ers, whose passing offense was notably transformed when he arrived through trade midway through the 2019 season. Sanders has hauled in 92.5% of the catchable passes thrown his way in the decade, dropping just 4.9% of them.

Must admit I found it a little surprising Sanders made the list ahead of DT.

I also have to say that I think the list loses some credibility once it puts Chris Myers in the top 50

More than a great chance, said Sharpe, whose twisted left knee had little effect on his mouth. Not having Elway back in 1999 would be an inconvenience to the Broncos, but not totally.

"We have a 75 percent chance of winning the Super Bowl without John and a 95 to 98 percent with John," Sharpe said.

"Seventy-five percent without Elway?" a reporter asked.

"Yes. We still have the best player in the league," Sharpe shot back. "(Davis is) not retiring."

Again, Sharpe had the last word. So did the Broncos.

We really lost Elway and TD after that Superbowl. I think Unc might've jinxed us with this quote...

I've seen that so many times. It's never not amazing.

That throw and catch to/with Stokely was a thing of absolute beauty. Maybe the best I've seen, seriously, it's ridiculous.

I can just imagine how deep into Peytons dog house Willis went after that miscommunication.

I'm expecting about 14 sacks from Von this year. Anything less than, say, 12 would be a disappointment given Chubb is back and we have Casey in the middle now. Shouldn't see anywhere near the amount of double teams.

Speaking of Chubb, 10 sacks should be his minimum

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/5/28/21273444/garett-bolles-the-broncos-most-underrated-player

DENVER BRONCOS: LT GARETT BOLLES

Quick, what’s the word that comes to mind first when you hear Bolles’ name? Penalties? Bust? While it’s fair to harp on the penalties for Bolles after he ranked among the top-three offensive linemen across the league in penalties in each of the past three seasons, the negativity surrounding Bolles has gone too far. It’s hard to say he qualifies as a bust. Looking at qualifying left tackles since 2017, Bolles’ overall grade of 77.1 puts him at 15th out of 37 total players. Sure, that’s not the high-end player Denver was hoping for when it took him in the first round, but Bolles is still at least an average starter — not the bottom-of-the-barrel option he is sometimes portrayed to be.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/5/28/21273444/garett-bolles-the-broncos-most-underrated-player

DENVER BRONCOS: LT GARETT BOLLES

Quick, what’s the word that comes to mind first when you hear Bolles’ name? Penalties? Bust? While it’s fair to harp on the penalties for Bolles after he ranked among the top-three offensive linemen across the league in penalties in each of the past three seasons, the negativity surrounding Bolles has gone too far. It’s hard to say he qualifies as a bust. Looking at qualifying left tackles since 2017, Bolles’ overall grade of 77.1 puts him at 15th out of 37 total players. Sure, that’s not the high-end player Denver was hoping for when it took him in the first round, but Bolles is still at least an average starter — not the bottom-of-the-barrel option he is sometimes portrayed to be.
And full time under Munch will be the proof.. meat head road grader with some finesse and Lock is upright.. or meat head with no brain for the game and penalties r us

We will see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back