Teams Denver Broncos - The Mile High Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Hillman is looking good and has packed on 15 pounds.
Yeah I heard that on another Broncos site...that was why I'm reluctant to call him the burst HB if he's bulking up. The tandem worked well in Oregon last year with Kenjon Barner and Thomas but with a different offence. I'd say all three (Moreno, Ball and Hillman) are at pretty even odds to start #1.

What the hell is going on at Donkey HQ?

Broncos director of pro personnel Tom Heckert was charged with DUI in Douglas County, Colo. on June 11.

Heckert served as the Browns' GM from 2010-12. The news comes just two days after Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell was busted for drunk driving. Both executives will be facing league-mandated discipline in addition to whatever the law decides. It's a bad, bad look for the Broncos, who have called the situation "extremely upsetting."

Report: Matt Russell’s BAC was 0.246 percent

russell1.jpg

As the Broncos deal with a flood of bad P.R. coming from a pair of front-office drunk-driving arrests, it has gotten a little worse.
According to ABC 7 in Denver, director of player personnel Matt Russell’s blood had an alcohol concentration of 0.246 percent when measured after his recent DUI arrest. The legal limit is 0.08 percent

Russell allegedly crashed into the rear of a patrol car at an estimated speed of 40 miles per hour. The officer had pulled over to allow Russell’s Toyota Tundra pickup truck to pass, so that the officer could then pull Russell’s vehicle over. The officer suffered a cut on his arm, as well as neck and back pain.

According to the officer’s report, Russell “had no recollection of the accident,” and Russell told the officer that he had consumed “two green drinks.” A half-empty fifth of peppermint schnapps was retrieved from the truck.

Earlier, Russell had struck another car. He had stopped and exchanged insurance information with the other driver. After that, someone called an anonymous hotline and reported a drunk driver.

==============

Heckert’s BAC was 0.162 percent, nearly seven hours after the arrest

heckertmug.jpg

As previously mentioned, Broncos director of player personnel Matt Russell’s blood-alcohol concentration was 0.246 percent at the time of his arrest. The number generated in a separate DUI incident by Broncos pro personnel director Tom Heckert was significantly lower, but that’s based on a number taken significantly later.

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, Heckert registered a 0.162 percent BAC nearly seven hours after his arrest. This means that, unless he was consuming alcohol while in custody, the number had been higher before the test.

Per Klis, Heckert’s blood-alcohol concentration taken near the time of his arrest was redacted from the police report.

These extremely high numbers, if accurate, would prevent any suggestion that either guy simply had “one too many.” Both were drunk, and based on Heckert’s number seven hours after the arrest it’s amazing he was even conscious at the time of his apprehension.

Fair enough, he has a history of injuries and Peyton wont be seeing out this contract though.
He hasn't missed a game in the NFL starting 83 games straight (80 + 3 playoffs), never missed a game for Boise State either starting another 39 straight.

The last time he didn't start a game on the OL was in 2003 when he was still playing in high school on the defensive side before moving over to OL for his senior year in High school.

He hasn't missed a game in the NFL starting 83 games straight (80 + 3 playoffs), never missed a game for Boise State either starting another 39 straight.

The last time he didn't start a game on the OL was in 2003 when he was still playing in high school on the defensive side before moving over to OL for his senior year in High school.
He had knee problems that threatened his career, and shoulder too more recently. He was not very good for a decent period a couple of years ago. Plus going from Tebow to Peyton is going to make you look better.

He is definitely worth a massive contract, just would have liked it to be with less guarantees. Plus I presume it's front-loaded

The Broncos were already relying on a player they considered a second option at center in the first place when they re-signed Dan Koppen to fill in for J.D. Walton, who is still not fully recovered from the ankle injury he suffered last year.
But on the third day of training camp, the Broncos lost Koppen for a year due to a torn ACL. So now what?
Manny Ramirez has been working with the starting unit at center. He played in 11 games in a relief role for Chris Kuper but has never played center in the NFL.
The Broncos will rely heavily on Ramirez until Walton returns, but he may miss the entire season. The team also brought in Steve Vallos, a veteran player who has appeared in 44 games for four different teams in his career.
No matter who starts the season at center, it won't be the Broncos' first—or even second—choice.

Ramirez looking like winning the C battle.

If he transitions well the O line will really be a strength. He is taller and bigger than Koppen, and with the signing of Vasquez the interior is a lot more solid. There should be plenty of room for the RBs make plays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was right about Thomas, I really think he should/will start.

Defense was really good, even with the main guys not playing many snaps. I was really impressed by Nate Irving he would be my guess as to who will win the MLB position battle.

The middle of the D occasionally looked a but soft, Kaepernic exposed it a couple of times in the opening drive.

Brock looked a million times better than this time last year. Another year behind PFM and he should start to be really good.

Montee Ball/Hillman didn't look that impressive to me TBH. Was a bit of a concern. As I said in my last post; CJ Anderson looked really good and has the build to carry the load. Not that I think he will get the chance, but ,makes me think Lance Ball may go to the practice squad.

Other than that it was good, offence wasn't that good, but the quality barely saw the field, and there was no Clady which was noticeable against guys like Aldon Smith

If Von can overturn the suspension the plan B appears to be.

Bradley starting at Mike

Irving at Sam on running downs

Phillips at Sam on passing downs

I also expect Trevathan to get a few snaps too, I quite like him

If Von can overturn the suspension the plan B appears to be.

Bradley starting at Mike

Irving at Sam on running downs

Phillips at Sam on passing downs

I also expect Trevathan to get a few snaps too, I quite like him

I really hope he gets more snaps. Looks good

How has Webster been playing pre season? Is he getting 2nd option snaps?
Yeah he has actually looked alright, I doubt he will be asked to do much though. Pretty deep at CB, Carter had a pick that was called back and looked OK.

Other than that:
I thought Ball looked a lot better this week.
Irving should definitely start at MLB.
Sylvester better better come on quick because we still look soft in the middle.
Julius Thomas will be a big part of the offense, his fumble wasn't too bad.
Von isn't trying that hard at the moment, probably has other things on his mind.
Welker is going to have a big year.
Can't wait for Clady to be back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back