Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been having EMDR sessions. They have been amazing. Check it out if you haven’t already. Helps shift your traumatic memories so although you may still feel sad about stuff you don’t feel traumatised by the memories.

I might try this next year. I have abuse in my childhood that I just park to one side

Has anyone here been diagnosed with CEN, childhood emotional neglect ? If so how have you dealt with it? I think a huge issue in my emotional side of me is that my parents never gave me the tools or the physical "love" that i needed and this is partly why i struggle so much now in talking about feelings and being a bit numb to emotions.

Has anyone here been diagnosed with CEN, childhood emotional neglect ? If so how have you dealt with it? I think a huge issue in my emotional side of me is that my parents never gave me the tools or the physical "love" that i needed and this is partly why i struggle so much now in talking about feelings and being a bit numb to emotions.

I wish my Dad had neglected me :(

Been very flat the last couple of weeks. I am really hard on myself when things go wrong and hate it when I feel like I am nothing. What keeps me going is the fact I have got through hard times before so I can do it again. Gotta keep believing things will get better and treat myself properly. I try to take joy in the simple things in life. Reading, music, watching sport and having a beer. Treat everyday like it is a bonus. Merry Xmas everyone.

Last edited:
Last few weeks have been a mental rollercoaster. My wife and I seperated, I moved out of home which was incredibly tough, leaving 3 kids behind (even though I still see them almost everyday...not the same) broke me mentally for a couple of weeks. Felt like I was having a full blown breakdown. Had some very dark thoughts.

I'm over that initial shock of it now which is great, but yeah trying to channel my thoughts and my brain activity into positivity has been a challenge, but feel i'm getting there. Usually having 3-4 great days in a row followed by crashing and burning on the days I dont see my kids. Mixed messages from my wife haven't helped either. I'm a classic overthinker though and its so easy to just go down a negative hole in your mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last few weeks have been a mental rollercoaster. My wife and I seperated, I moved out of home which was incredibly tough, leaving 3 kids behind (even though I still see them almost everyday...not the same) broke me mentally for a couple of weeks. Felt like I was having a full blown breakdown. Had some very dark thoughts.

I'm over that initial shock of it now which is great, but yeah trying to channel my thoughts and my brain activity into positivity has been a challenge, but feel i'm getting there. Usually having 3-4 great days in a row followed by crashing and burning on the days I dont see my kids. Mixed messages from my wife haven't helped either. I'm a classic overthinker though and its so easy to just go down a negative hole in your mind.
Hurts to hear. Stay strong dude

I think i am broken.
ive held on for so long. And have tried really hard to be strong for my gf with her cancer and to keep everything ticking over for our blended families. But i am struggling. Exhausted. Tired. I
haven’t had a break for about two years, work has been relentless and just trying to soldier on has taken its toll.
ive been in my room away from everyone for about 3 hours. Sleeping mostly. But i cant physically get up atm. And i dont want to.

I think i am broken.
ive held on for so long. And have tried really hard to be strong for my gf with her cancer and to keep everything ticking over for our blended families. But i am struggling. Exhausted. Tired. I
haven’t had a break for about two years, work has been relentless and just trying to soldier on has taken its toll.
ive been in my room away from everyone for about 3 hours. Sleeping mostly. But i cant physically get up atm. And i dont want to.
Gotta take breaks, can’t pour from an empty jug

Being a carer for a partner is tricky, being in a relationship makes talking about respite an awkward conversation, but it’s necessary

Try and get some help Billy Ray. As the other poster said , you cant pour from an empty cup.

I think i am broken.

Sorry to hear .

Get your self some help and take a break doing something you enjoy .

Cancer sucks Arse.
Took my ten year old choccy lab 5 years ago .

It's better to speak out to bottle it all up.

I think i am broken.
Been there (as in not wanting to get up)
Honestly nothing you can do now except rest. Take some time and then hopefully a plan formulates in your head that works for you. Just rest up and take it easy for the time being.Than get in the sun on the coast for a while.

A couple of recent posts here really ring true for me, one that I seem to have gotten through, and another I have just begun to face

Macca, mate, this sounds exactly like me, except 1 kid instead of 3. It even sounds like a similar timeline of events. I moved out, crashed hard but not always, and the crashes always lined up with the days I didn’t see my daughter. Mixed messages to the absolute extreme from the ex. After a few weeks, months I “felt better”. It wasn’t the case at all. I crashed hard month after month, earned myself an FVO from the police (never got physical…except with a car 🤦‍♂️), I moved away (dumbest thing I ever did), moved back, pined over a love lost when in reality it was not being a full time parent.
What I’m trying to say, in my experience, is that you may tell yourself you feel ok, and you might, but it could turn at a moments notice. I would get this way and my only outlet was abuse. I wasn’t a nice person. Anyway I luckily didn’t lose it all. People told me it takes time. I told them to * off…I found out it takes time 🙄

If you ever wanna chat, or share experiences, or just get a perspective from someone who’s done it, whatever mate, drop me a line. The only people I had around me to help were happily married. Didn’t have much time for that!

I think i am broken.

I’m 3 months into this journey, and I’m feeling the cracks opening up that I’ll try my best to never show, and it’s only early on and her health is still basically in tact besides from hospital stints and being crook post chemo. I wish you all the very best mate, I really do as someone who’s only been in this for one eighth of the time you have

A couple of recent posts here really ring true for me, one that I seem to have gotten through, and another I have just begun to face

Macca, mate, this sounds exactly like me, except 1 kid instead of 3. It even sounds like a similar timeline of events. I moved out, crashed hard but not always, and the crashes always lined up with the days I didn’t see my daughter. Mixed messages to the absolute extreme from the ex. After a few weeks, months I “felt better”. It wasn’t the case at all. I crashed hard month after month, earned myself an FVO from the police (never got physical…except with a car 🤦‍♂️), I moved away (dumbest thing I ever did), moved back, pined over a love lost when in reality it was not being a full time parent.
What I’m trying to say, in my experience, is that you may tell yourself you feel ok, and you might, but it could turn at a moments notice. I would get this way and my only outlet was abuse. I wasn’t a nice person. Anyway I luckily didn’t lose it all. People told me it takes time. I told them to fu** off…I found out it takes time 🙄

If you ever wanna chat, or share experiences, or just get a perspective from someone who’s done it, whatever mate, drop me a line. The only people I had around me to help were happily married. Didn’t have much time for that!

I’m 3 months into this journey, and I’m feeling the cracks opening up that I’ll try my best to never show, and it’s only early on and her health is still basically in tact besides from hospital stints and being crook post chemo. I wish you all the very best mate, I really do as someone who’s only been in this for one eighth of the time you have
All the best too mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back