Health Depression

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we ever be free of our past or will our mind condem us forever
I think absolutely yes
If we all hung on to the stupid crap in our past we’d beat ourselves up forever .
Best to try and say “that was a chapter in my life that has now passed .If possible I’ll try and take a positive out of it and use that to help write the next chapter “

All sounds easy in theory I know .

It is a big driver and negative if you have addiction issues. Drives addiction tenfold

It should be almost banned at this point because of how careless the doctors are prescribing it. For niche cases its big, but for alot its a net negatiuve
Hey GoEagles thanks for your post! would you mind elaborating on this a small bit when have the opportunity, I'm early on the change myself and have been finding it good for motivation and having the "myself" aspect a lot more so than sertraline.

I've been tenfold having to guard myself from engaging in previous "habits" though, as I've gotten better and more around other people

Thank you

Hey GoEagles thanks for your post! would you mind elaborating on this a small bit when have the opportunity, I'm early on the change myself and have been finding it good for motivation and having the "myself" aspect a lot more so than sertraline.

I've been tenfold having to guard myself from engaging in previous "habits" though, as I've gotten better and more around other people

Thank you

Its marketed primarily on the fact it leads to less addiction then sertraline type medications and prescribed in that manner, but the real life reality of it is it does a equal if not poorer job of controlling addiction in a fair few circumstances to the point it can counteract or hinder previous good work in controlling addiction

The reason they say it improves this notion is because the idea is it will "flush out" the brain receptors that cause impulse decision which addiction thrives on quickly as opposed to letting it drive you through the day, but like all sertraline medications it still creates the changes that increase the behaviour. The way it tries to lower your addiction can also increase your addiction also if your brain receptors take long to process the flush out

Its kind of more or less controlling your behaviour early on in the day mainly. Id 100% recommend relax/meditation style exercises to go in your morning

I have no clue what's going on with me right now and I'm guessing I am on my way to experiencing depression
Snapshot of my life

Have had a few health issues creep up that started from assisting in a clean up of the work place almost 2 months ago and I just have not been right since. I was hoping to shake it off on my own, but sought doctor advice/intervention from mid May. Was prescribed antibiotics that I felt were doing the job in getting my body back in order (truth be told maybe I also had a bacterial infection that I wasn't aware of and that's what the antibiotics were clearing). I would get better, then have a setback for a few days (where I felt I was back to square one) then feel good again.

Many doctor visits and ordered tests since which showed up no abnormalities (blood work, chest x-ray, lung tests etc) and as recently as this week they're putting it down to just "allergies". I'm in disbelief as I feel way worse and have varied symptoms that are making me fear things something as serious as heart disease or asthma (I'm aware that using dr google isn't helpful lol).

Work has been good at times, but as I've posted in other threads on here... there are definitely moments of frustration that also cause much unneeded stress and anxiety (a lot of which is in my own head - because I'm one that thinks of all the negative outcomes of actions... then gets concerned - even before things actually do turn out positive). We've had a lot of re-structuring done over the last few years, influenced by COVID and other outside factors. Some things improved the work environment, other things have not and have made things more difficult. Even the management tell me not to worry everything's fine - which it is..... but 2-3 weeks time when other things happen or go pear shape their everything's fine can turn into "this is all your fault". I guess I have imposter syndrome, don't feel like I belong even though I've received high praise from both the higher ups at where I work, plus others higher up in the company.

In the personal life front (and I guess this is an extension as to why I feel everything is piling up or the straw that broke the camel's back as it were)............................ Throughout my life I have kept a small circle of friends mixed with acquaintances that I don't see very often. The person that I am (beyond my Bay 13 personality and general silly forum posts) kind, generous, giving - opens me up to a lot of people that take advantage, basically use and abuse me. As a result I cut out a lot of people out of my life and cocoon myself a lot so as to not get hurt. But I can tell you that there are times where I hate it and it gets super lonely. I do meet new people from time to time but we're all busy and can't meet up often.

On the romantic front I've posted a few 'success' stories but a lot of romance failure moments on this place. It's funny how life works out at the time and being able to laugh and move on then, but looking back it doesn't paint a very good picture at all.
I recently met someone new and we hit it off what I thought was reasonably well. And it hasn't lasted very long, we're still communicating and hanging out but not as often as we had been (thus I know we're drifting apart which I know is a fact of life, it still stings). I pretty much asked point blank what was going on and got it's not you it's me sorting stuff out".

Long extended sigh here

I have no clue what's going on with me right now and I'm guessing I am on my way to experiencing depression
Snapshot of my life

Have had a few health issues creep up that started from assisting in a clean up of the work place almost 2 months ago and I just have not been right since. I was hoping to shake it off on my own, but sought doctor advice/intervention from mid May. Was prescribed antibiotics that I felt were doing the job in getting my body back in order (truth be told maybe I also had a bacterial infection that I wasn't aware of and that's what the antibiotics were clearing). I would get better, then have a setback for a few days (where I felt I was back to square one) then feel good again.

Many doctor visits and ordered tests since which showed up no abnormalities (blood work, chest x-ray, lung tests etc) and as recently as this week they're putting it down to just "allergies". I'm in disbelief as I feel way worse and have varied symptoms that are making me fear things something as serious as heart disease or asthma (I'm aware that using dr google isn't helpful lol).

Work has been good at times, but as I've posted in other threads on here... there are definitely moments of frustration that also cause much unneeded stress and anxiety (a lot of which is in my own head - because I'm one that thinks of all the negative outcomes of actions... then gets concerned - even before things actually do turn out positive). We've had a lot of re-structuring done over the last few years, influenced by COVID and other outside factors. Some things improved the work environment, other things have not and have made things more difficult. Even the management tell me not to worry everything's fine - which it is..... but 2-3 weeks time when other things happen or go pear shape their everything's fine can turn into "this is all your fault". I guess I have imposter syndrome, don't feel like I belong even though I've received high praise from both the higher ups at where I work, plus others higher up in the company.

In the personal life front (and I guess this is an extension as to why I feel everything is piling up or the straw that broke the camel's back as it were)............................ Throughout my life I have kept a small circle of friends mixed with acquaintances that I don't see very often. The person that I am (beyond my Bay 13 personality and general silly forum posts) kind, generous, giving - opens me up to a lot of people that take advantage, basically use and abuse me. As a result I cut out a lot of people out of my life and cocoon myself a lot so as to not get hurt. But I can tell you that there are times where I hate it and it gets super lonely. I do meet new people from time to time but we're all busy and can't meet up often.

On the romantic front I've posted a few 'success' stories but a lot of romance failure moments on this place. It's funny how life works out at the time and being able to laugh and move on then, but looking back it doesn't paint a very good picture at all.
I recently met someone new and we hit it off what I thought was reasonably well. And it hasn't lasted very long, we're still communicating and hanging out but not as often as we had been (thus I know we're drifting apart which I know is a fact of life, it still stings). I pretty much asked point blank what was going on and got it's not you it's me sorting stuff out".

Long extended sigh here

Chin up.

Sometimes we all feel a bit off and we don't know why .
Maybe see someone to help if that's something you wanna do.

Hope you fell better soon .

Chin up.

Sometimes we all feel a bit off and we don't know why .
Maybe see someone to help if that's something you wanna do.

Hope you fell better soon .

Thank you for your kind words :)

I vented a lot that day, there are people worse off in the world. I'm trying to take things day by day, it's still hard to process everything and why I feel how I feel.

I did go see a doctor on Tuesday, more than anything I just want to get a good night of sleep and to do so on a regular basis. Waking up at 2-3 am and staying awake for 2+ hours until I drop off is not helping me much at all. I got given something by a doctor several years ago while I was battling a chest infection and couldn't sleep well during a hot summer. Was hoping to get something similar.... but what I was given has so many side effects that it's not worth the risk of taking (including insomnia - I'm trying to get to sleep, not stay awake haha).

I asked for some assistance at my work, they listened and came up with a solution that didn't actually help (groan lol) as I had already gone through the backlog of things I was set to do on my own. Would have been more beneficial to get the help I needed at work first thing instead of toward the end of the day when I didn't actually need it at that time. But I'm going to keep pestering until it sinks in to them that I'm still finding it difficult to catch up. In saying that I also don't want to complain to the point where I get moved to something worse (might be good short term but bad long term) or out of a job completely.

I finally went and saw a doctor again about my depression relapse, felt good to have someone listen and not judge. Being able to finally tell someone I was going to attempt suicide 4 years ago has been a huge relief as up until that point only my wife knew. Going back on a mental health plan and will organise a different psychologist to talk too. Finally feel like a lot of weight has been lifted from me.

I have been struggling at times at work with stress and anxiety....more stress.

I've decided I'm going to put in long service leave.
Cut my hours down and quiet my role .

Money is good but if your not enjoying it what's the point really.
If I earn lots less but more happy I'm good with that

Then I'll look to do something else different For a couple days a week.

Thank you for your kind words :)

I vented a lot that day, there are people worse off in the world. I'm trying to take things day by day, it's still hard to process everything and why I feel how I feel.

I did go see a doctor on Tuesday, more than anything I just want to get a good night of sleep and to do so on a regular basis. Waking up at 2-3 am and staying awake for 2+ hours until I drop off is not helping me much at all. I got given something by a doctor several years ago while I was battling a chest infection and couldn't sleep well during a hot summer. Was hoping to get something similar.... but what I was given has so many side effects that it's not worth the risk of taking (including insomnia - I'm trying to get to sleep, not stay awake haha).

I asked for some assistance at my work, they listened and came up with a solution that didn't actually help (groan lol) as I had already gone through the backlog of things I was set to do on my own. Would have been more beneficial to get the help I needed at work first thing instead of toward the end of the day when I didn't actually need it at that time. But I'm going to keep pestering until it sinks in to them that I'm still finding it difficult to catch up. In saying that I also don't want to complain to the point where I get moved to something worse (might be good short term but bad long term) or out of a job completely.

it's good to speak out ...some people find it hard to esp blokes .

We all get down at times ...it's how we work though that if need to see someone or did things will like doing ..etc .

Good to see your on the mend..

I have been struggling at times at work with stress and anxiety....more stress.

I've decided I'm going to put in long service leave.
Cut my hours down and quiet my role .

Money is good but if your not enjoying it what's the point really.
If I earn lots less but more happy I'm good with that

Then I'll look to do something else different For a couple days a week.
yep, if i didn't get this contract extension i was going to take my long service and annual leave and use that time to make a decision on what i was going to do. I left my dream job 9 months ago for another awesome job but the dream job was getting me down because of all the internal bickering and gossiping and backstabbing. hard to enjoy your job when it's other people making it difficult for you. Your absolutely right about 'if you're not enjoying it no amount of money makes it better,' it just makes it bearable. My wife and i have put no pressure on our kids for career choices, have just said do your best at school, follow the paths that give you enjoyment.

Snapshot of my life

Long extended sigh here

Reading this, especially your personal life part felt like i was reading my own life.

I am exactly the same with the being too kind and getting taken advantage of. I know exactly how you feel about cutting people off and then feeling super lonely.

Just want you to know your not alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading this, especially your personal life part felt like i was reading my own life.

I am exactly the same with the being too kind and getting taken advantage of. I know exactly how you feel about cutting people off and then feeling super lonely.

Just want you to know your not alone

It's a pretty common thing with our personality type and the people that we attract because of it. But yeah it still sucks!

People can be campainers some times .

I know and I still give people a decent chance. Its in my nature to see the good in everyone.

Funny thing is the main catalyst for the long post the other week (the personal front). Has come back on the scene in recent days. I'm doing what I feel is the right thing in the situation (not getting personally attached but still giving advice). As I know if I get further involved it'll backfire again lol.

My job has calmed down since that post, in saying that I can have good days and bad ones. I'm due a few bad ones soon to even it out.

And I did go back to the doctor last week and got something to help me sleep when I was really struggling. Only needed it for a few nights. Seem to be back to normal (well excluding when I'm watching sport late).

I know and I still give people a decent chance. Its in my nature to see the good in everyone.

Yep I'm exactly the same.

That's pretty much how my ex stole all my savings from me because I believed that what he was telling me was the truth.

That's pretty much how my ex stole all my savings from me because I believed that what he was telling me was the truth
That's sucks ..

I used to me more trusting ,

Not anymore ..

My ex sold me a story,so I lend her my car .
Every panel was dented in springs sticking out .
Did nt get any money from her either.

I remember the phone call early in the morning.. in a soft sweet voice hi I hope your sitting down I had a car crush ...I'm fine, the cars is f**ed.

That's pretty much how my ex stole all my savings from me because I believed that what he was telling me was the truth.

I stepped up for someone while in a relationship (covered her bills + health care requirements).
Relationship ended via being cheated on :(
I thought I was doing the right thing at the time, but yeah egg on face moment and of course money wasted, could have spent it on much better things.

I stepped up for someone while in a relationship (covered her bills + health care requirements).
Relationship ended via being cheated on :(
I thought I was doing the right thing at the time, but yeah egg on face moment and of course money wasted, could have spent it on much better things.
Are you me?

That's what I did. Boyfriend said he had cancer so I was paying everything for him because I loved him more than anything. Found out he was cheating and everything he ever told me were lies so now I'm not even sure if the cancer thing was real.

Looking back on that relationship it wasn't a good one. Everything was always my fault. Even when I confronted him when I caught him on Plenty of Fish he blamed me.

I got told by my doctor he was gaslighting me. I didn't really believe in gaslighting until it happened to me. It's true, you just don't know what to believe anymore.

And the worst thing is it has you questioning other people's motives in the future. I've stuffed up many other potentially awesome relationships because my ability to trust was not what it once was.
This is exactly what I'm feeling at the moment.

I'm about to start therapy for it but I think I've become scared of dating.
And I hate that but after what my ex did to me all I think is that the next guy is just going to be the same.

And the pendulum constantly swings between me blaming myself for everything and thinking I'm not worthy to thinking that if anyone does so interest in me that they are just going to use me again.

I'm kinda in a place were I've accepted I'm going to be alone and scared of being lonely.

In the end all i want is for someone to love and someone to love me in return but I feel so stupid saying it.

This is exactly what I'm feeling at the moment.

I'm about to start therapy for it but I think I've become scared of dating.
And I hate that but after what my ex did to me all I think is that the next guy is just going to be the same.

And the pendulum constantly swings between me blaming myself for everything and thinking I'm not worthy to thinking that if anyone does so interest in me that they are just going to use me again.

I'm kinda in a place were I've accepted I'm going to be alone and scared of being lonely.

In the end all i want is for someone to love and someone to love me in return but I feel so stupid saying it.
Don't ever blame yourself for being cheated on, that problem is solely the responsibility of the cheater not on you. At the end of the day we all have choices in our life, your ex's choice was to cheat on you, it wasn't because of anything you did, IT WAS THEIR CHOICE. Instead of cheating they could have chosen to talk to you about what they perceived might have been issues but no THEY CHOSE TO CHEAT. Please don't ever think the cheating was a result of something wrong with you or something you did, it wasn't. Good people make good choices. If a cheater tries to justify what they did buy shifting blame onto you then they are a narcissist and that gaslighting is a trait of them.
I believe the right person is out there for everyone, and i hope you are able to open yourself up again one day to find that person and let them in and not let the past control your future. Thanks for opening up on here , and all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back