PC Diablo III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI
RELEASE PREPARATION GUIDE

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5338015/Launch_Day_Preparation_Guide-5_7_2012#blog

EARLY INSTALL
We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

8:01AM PDT May 14th translates to:

AUS EST: 1:01AM MAY 15th
AUS CEN: 12:31AM MAY 15th
AUS WST: 11:01PM MAY 14th ***

Regional Launch Times
The Americas (U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia) servers open at: 12:01 a.m. PDT, May 15

12:01AM PDT May 15th translates to:

AUS EST: 5:01PM MAY 15th
AUS CEN: 4:31PM MAY 15th
AUS WST: 3:01PM MAY 15th

*** if you're outside those timezones check your local times to match that of US release.

Launch Night Login
As we’ve unlocked the Diablo III installer early, many people will be ready to log in right when the servers go live at midnight, so we’re going to be closely monitoring the impact on the service. It’s possible we’ll need to adjust the rate at which we’re logging people in to ensure a stable experience, and if we do you may see a delay when attempting to login.

Personally, a game this big, this popular, on a global synchronised release... I'm expecting there'll be all sort of issues on launch... so expect problems/delays and be patient.:thumbsu:

Wait so I can still buy this on the 15th? (Stores will close at 5pm) or Does it just mean the servers won't be on till 5:01 (melb)?

Correct... you can buy it and install it on the 15th, but the servers wont activate and allow you to play until those times.

I wonder what Easter eggs we might find this time around. I haven't looked up anything yet, so I'm not sure what's been said.

Another secret cow level?

Nods to previous items/people/events (i see the Barb has some skills relating to the 3 named Barbs from D2... can't recall their names OTT)

Another SoJ or reference to it.

The Horadric Cube will most likely feature heavily in whatever EE they include.

*** my spam posts are due to excitment :eek:

I did, but never had a SoJ. Played single player a lot more (set up TCP/IP games with lots of friends for a while). Were vendor rules different? Can't say I ever paid enough attention.

when you sold one it spawned uber diablo

I wonder what Easter eggs we might find this time around. I haven't looked up anything yet, so I'm not sure what's been said.

Another secret cow level?

Nods to previous items/people/events (i see the Barb has some skills relating to the 3 named Barbs from D2... can't recall their names OTT)

Another SoJ or reference to it.

The Horadric Cube will most likely feature heavily in whatever EE they include.

*** my spam posts are due to excitment :eek:

Talic, Korlic and Madawc, the three spirits you fight in act 5.

Yeah i am not looking forward to the early blast on the servers!! it could be hell taht first night

anyways I will buy the game, load and install it, then I have footy training at 6pm so I wont be fully raring to go until about 9pm on tuesday night so it gives 4 hours for blizzard and battlenet to work their servers out before I then go absolutely nuts for the next 24 hrs

here is hoping for good steady gameplay and no bloody server issues!!

i probably wont even try to play it for the first few hours. Ill install, download any patches that there will be, but i rekon i'm going to be waiting at least a few hours before being able to log on without fail, or disconnections.

Im getting info that says blizzard are warning about a 40 minute wait time

so really their servers should be up to date due to SC2 and WoW you would assume

if you had to predict, i dare say 1 million people trying to log on at the same time and play, considering they are estimating 3.5 million sales by the end of 2012

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im getting info that says blizzard are warning about a 40 minute wait time

so really their servers should be up to date due to SC2 and WoW you would assume

if you had to predict, i dare say 1 million people trying to log on at the same time and play, considering they are estimating 3.5 million sales by the end of 2012

I will be gutted if this is the case, I can only play on the 15th then cant play untill the 19th or so :(

Also keep in mind that there shouldn't be a huge demand on the servers. A majority of the population will probably start our in SP campaign, which shouldn't place too much stress on the servers (since for SP the servers are mainly there to support the in-game social features, friend tracking,comms, RLAH, etc).

It isn't like a FPS like CoD etc which carries more data IMO. Still I reckon there will be a truck load of people who will DD and pre-install ready for go live when they flick the ON switch.... and with a synched global release (including Chinese gold farmers heading to a new frontier) I would guesstimate that a solid 2-3 million will try to jump in at the start (Blizz should have synch the release up with Earth-Hour :p). Blizzard have plenty of experience with WoW, but I wouldn't imagine any WoW releases will be like this.

Still don't be put off... my guess is the 1st 30-60 minutes might be troublesome (due to load). If they DO come across game/tech issues they'll sort them out as fast as they can and there might be some "rolling restarts" (they take a few servers down at a time, apply the patches, and restart) during the 1st few days. From there things should settle down pretty quickly.

My worry is that everyone will pick Barbarian.

I have a build prepared but on a lot of forums I've gone through, Barbarian seems to be the common starting choice.

yeah... Barbs and Monks seen to be drawing the biggest crowds, which is why I'm going DH now instead of Monk. I think WD will have their own cult following from D2 necro fans (but honestly how can you beat a sinister, death dealer who reanimates???)... and magic canons are always popular too.

I reckon they're holding back a couple of classes for future expansion: something darker like Necro and a 'pure' type like a pally.

What companions are you eyeing off? Will link mine tonight but am looking at either a healing Templar or another ranged scoundral to go with my DPS.

Can someone please explain something to me.

So if i play SP can i use this character to play with friends online? Or it it like D2 where you had to create your "internet" character so to speak?

And if you are playing on the "internet" can you also just play by yourself and not be in a group?

Any clarification will be great.

Can someone please explain something to me.

So if i play SP can i use this character to play with friends online? Or it it like D2 where you had to create your "internet" character so to speak?

And if you are playing on the "internet" can you also just play by yourself and not be in a group?

Any clarification will be great.

Expanding on what PP said...

1st) You need to be online to play! This is mainly because of the Real Life Auction House... if Blizzard allowed players to play offline then the items players find would need to be stored locally on their PCs. Hackers could then track those files down which store the information, modify/duplicate items, and then sell them on the auction house (when online)... so in order to control hacking, Blizzard are making it online only, so the servers can track what items players are finding and selling.

2nd) This doesn't mean you have to play with others... you can still just do SP if you wish.. or you can play MP.

3rd) Before playing you will: A) need to register with BattleNet, B) create a BattleTag. This is basically like registering with XBOX Live/PSN and creating a GamerTag/PSID(or whatever their tags are called). It means you can add other BattleNet users as friends (from either WoW, SC etc) and you can see each other online. Some might be playing other games or you all might be playing D3.

4) When playing friends will probably see your BattleTag ID as "online", see what Blizzard game you're playing, and perhaps what character/stage you're playing... ie you might see me online as: "Kaysee#1915" (see this thread for BF players list: LINK), playing "Diablo 3", with "Storm Shadow (Demon Hunter lvl 5)" and playing "solo player"... or something to that effect. If I switch characters or game types (ie to MP) then you'll probably see that reflected via my BattleTag.

HTH :thumbsu:

This is the DH build I'm considering... still tinkering with it.

* disclaimer... not saying the following is good. I've only played beta on the public weekend a few weeks back, and read a little bit of the forums. Following build is just what appealed to me via the calculator tool.:)

Storm Shadow: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aQYThZ!eTc!cacaZc

Follower: LINK

Hopefully, balanced enough to get me through HELL... not convinced about INFERNO though that is suppose to be supremely hard:

** elites, champions and bosses etc have unique abilities not seen elsewhere in the game (block you're escape routes, tunneling, grenade lobs, teleport, drag you to them etc)... gulp. :eek:

[YOUTUBE]0o9kgd6S0lU[/YOUTUBE]

Here is a useful image that indicates distance for those looking at skills and seeing things like "within 8 yards":

D3_Distance_Map.jpg

I actually think the DH will be best suited for inferno, range dps late game in most games is epic, shot trap run shot trap run repeat!

Wizard does look the most OP in start game, dunno if that will carry on mid to late game tho

The fact you can solo it means it's probably not that difficult in solo if you know what you're doing. That's relative obviously and I don't mean there won't be many deaths, at least first time around, but I don't think any class would struggle far more than any other.

Might just need to respec at particular points. For instance I'd think the warrior would be well suited to inferno solo as he can manage high single target DPS, whereas his AOE is going to be significantly less (one would imagine) than that of a caster. So it might take longer to get through packs of mobs until you hit an elite/boss, but depending on their abilities a lot easier once you're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back