Did Richmond make a mistake drafting (trading for) Dion Prestia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive overs , would tear vfl up but just don't think
He has the skill set to dominate in the afl , just my
Opinion
Massive overs is a bit harsh IMO. Coming off no pre-season and limited games last year so need more than 10 matches to evaluate. As I stated in another post, however, his impact has stretched far beyond just his statistics alone.

Would you support your club paying so-called 'overs' for a quick, running mid that breaks the lines, in-turn significantly changing your midfield dynamic just like Prestia and Caddy have in allowing Cotch and Dusty to have more outside aspect to their games than they have in the past few seasons?

He and Caddy have allowed Cotch and Dusty to shine and be more damaging, along with our second tiers. I'm concerned about his kicking but was improved today, could have had 2 goals to his name today too.

Caddy, Nank and Prestia have improved our balance greatly.

Kicking is giving me the irrits, his kicking style is not consistent which is unusual for a little guy.

Hardwick says he is finally upping his training load after the injuries, hope he cleans up his play a bit.

Massive overs is a bit harsh IMO. Coming off no pre-season and limited games last year so need more than 10 matches to evaluate. As I stated in another post, however, his impact has stretched far beyond just his statistics alone.

Would you support your club paying so-called 'overs' for a quick, running mid that breaks the lines, in-turn significantly changing your midfield dynamic just like Prestia and Caddy have in allowing Cotch and Dusty to have more outside aspect to their games than they have in the past few seasons?
Well yeah considering we r throwing the kitchen sink for a
Bloke who does exactly that at gws and will
Be our best player for the next 10 years

Gun. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Had little to no pre-season and has been improving slowly each week. Still has issues with his knees, but tonight we saw what he can do.
Can't kick on either side of
His body , is an accumulater not
A
Game
Breaker , but whatever meatball is life

Well yeah considering we r throwing the kitchen sink for a
Bloke who does exactly that at gws and will
Be our best player for the next 10 years
You won't get either of them;)

This thread was always extremely premature, was always going to have a slow start coming off injury last year and a limited pre season, we've seen his best at GC and it's A+.
Building along nicely, very good pick up and got us Caddy as well, we wouldn't be playing as well as we are without them, they've helped Cotchin and Martin take their game to a new level.

with around 7 players under 30 games and 10 under 50 games from last nights side - prestia (and caddy) add some experience to the group and balance the list

two first rounders next draft pool soften the blow of 'losing' pick6

with around 7 players under 30 games and 10 under 50 games from last nights side - prestia (and caddy) add some experience to the group and balance the list

two first rounders next draft pool soften the blow of 'losing' pick6
And we have junior Rioli coming father son in a couple of years :thumbsu:

No doubt my team were very poor, wouldn't of thought Prestia was the difference . Martin on the other hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's building and after only playing 22 of 44 games in 15-16 that's fine, but he looks to be carrying a bit of extra weight, IMO. He's obviously always been stocky (you don't get called the human meatball if you aren't) and it's just an observation in regards to how his game might go if he slimmed down a bit from where he is now.

In terms of the trade I'd have done the deal. They got 24 back and I'd be content with a player of Prestia's quality at 6 given how my mobs gone with top 10 picks in recent years!

No doubt my team were very poor, wouldn't of thought Prestia was the difference . Martin on the other hand
Kidding yourself if you don't think Prestia in the side is allowing Martin to play at this level.

He's building and after only playing 22 of 44 games in 15-16 that's fine, but he looks to be carrying a bit of extra weight, IMO. He's obviously always been stocky (you don't get called the human meatball if you aren't) and it's just an observation in regards to how his game might go if he slimmed down a bit from where he is now.

In terms of the trade I'd have done the deal. They got 24 back and I'd be content with a player of Prestia's quality at 6 given how my mobs gone with top 10 picks in recent years!
You and me both

No

Has only just started full training the last week or two. Will continue to build into the season. As long as he has no more knee issues, I am confident he will go on to be a gun player

Prestia a slow midget with terrible disposal. I guess he is still slightly better than Caddy.

Wasnt it a few weeks ago that the Tiger supporters wete lauding these two?

Two key players in the worst 5-0 team ever, which is now being proven

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi.

Don't rate him very highly, but players like caddy and him have given the tigers the depth to unleash Martin and Cotchin, everyone always knew they had the top line talent. Just didn't bat deep enough until now.

Don't rate him very highly, but players like caddy and him have given the tigers the depth to unleash Martin and Cotchin, everyone always knew they had the top line talent. Just didn't bat deep enough until now.
dont rate him but he adds depth?
ok

Oh come on, at least wait until 5:30 on Saturday before bumping anything!

Prestia's been fine. Draft picks are hysterically overvalued, he's a known quantity that has bolstered their midfield considerably and there'll be an upswing with consistent minutes under his belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back