Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Well at night i normally have chicken rice salad or beef stirfry noodles or chicken korma with sweet potatoes....couple hours later i crave chips and chocalate or i have a couple of those frozen zoopers

Well at night i normally have chicken rice salad or beef stirfry noodles or chicken korma with sweet potatoes....couple hours later i crave chips and chocalate or i have a couple of those frozen zoopers

There in lies the weight gain. Cut those foods out and you will notice a difference.

Ive read the last two pages so saw the juice cleanse you are doing. I did a three day one. 6 juices a day.

Was great for mindfulness of food and I lost a few kilograms on it but overall id say it was a waste and did nothing to improve my health and fitness.

That's the main benefit, it resets the mindset. For that reason alone it's a worthy exercise.

Ive read the last two pages so saw the juice cleanse you are doing. I did a three day one. 6 juices a day.

Was great for mindfulness of food and I lost a few kilograms on it but overall id say it was a waste and did nothing to improve my health and fitness.
What juice did you consume? And weren't you already quite fit n healthy?

What juice did you consume? And weren't you already quite fit n healthy?

It was an arranged one from Cali Press I cant even recall the juices but it was basically 4 or 5 veg and fruit with some herbs and spices, all natural etc.
yeh I was/am in reasonably good shape (I’ve got some stuff on the profile page) but I more needed a detox, I’m not convinced this did anything in that regard.

What is a typical eating day for people on here.

Breakfast
2 piece of brown bread
Baked beans
4 eggs

Lunch

2 x tins of tuna
Pwo

Gym

2 scoops of whey
Banana
Hi lo milk
Teasp peanut butter

Dinner
Either chicken/mince/steak
Vegetables

I know im not drinking enough water so thats one thing i have to improve on

Breakfast
2 piece of brown bread
Baked beans
4 eggs

Lunch

2 x tins of tuna
Pwo

Gym

2 scoops of whey
Banana
Hi lo milk
Teasp peanut butter

Dinner
Vegetables

on a bulk?
i eat at random times, no set lunch/brekky.

yoghurt/muesli

pwo= oats & shake

tuna & rice

dinner (burritos, meat & rice, etc)

fruit

another 200g oats when going hard

Breakfast
2 piece of brown bread
Baked beans
4 eggs

Lunch

2 x tins of tuna
Pwo

Gym

2 scoops of whey
Banana
Hi lo milk
Teasp peanut butter

Dinner
Vegetables

Mine is a bit all over the place because of uni but atm

Non-uni days
Meal 1 - rice (cooked in butter), eggs and bacon (premade, ends up being about 1/3 cup rice, 3-4 eggs and 3-4 pieces of bacon)

Meal 2 - gnocchi, mince, pasta sauce, carrots, broccoli and cheese (~125g gnocchi, 150g mince, 250g sauce, 1/4 carrot, 125g broccoli and a handful of cheese)

Meal 3 - 2 packs of noodles cooked in 50g butter (+ water)

Meal 4 - fish, chicken or steak + rice or potatoes + broccoli, carrot & cauliflower

Normally have a fair amount of milk and juice throughout the day as well + 1-2 protein shakes

Days at uni I have trail mix (mixed nuts, crackers, M&Ms) instead of the noodles

at the moment I’m doing a pretty hard cut so;

5am workout
Recovery aminos intra workout
30g of WPI post Work out shake

Meal 1 around 9:30 and meal 2 around 1:30pm are both the same: 150g of chicken/beef/kangaroo/pork with veggies
10-15g of peanut butter with both meals

Afternoon walk with the dog or foot training

Dinner will be;

200g of chicken/beef/fish
Veggies
200-300g of potatoes

Watermelon pineapple and mixed berries

If I’m not to fussy about calories I will add in rice with my lunch meals. And breakfast will be 2eggs, egg whites on a slice of toast.

I will add in more calories after Easter

Saturday nights will be a cheat meal

at the moment I’m doing a pretty hard cut so;

5am workout
Recovery aminos intra workout
30g of WPI post Work out shake

Meal 1 around 9:30 and meal 2 around 1:30pm are both the same: 150g of chicken/beef/kangaroo/pork with veggies
10-15g of peanut butter with both meals

Afternoon walk with the dog or foot training

Dinner will be;

200g of chicken/beef/fish
Veggies
200-300g of potatoes

Watermelon pineapple and mixed berries

If I’m not to fussy about calories I will add in rice with my lunch meals. And breakfast will be 2eggs, egg whites on a slice of toast.

I will add in more calories after Easter

Saturday nights will be a cheat meal
Cutting for a comp?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big leg session today so required a big meal,unfortunately dinner changed due to a vet visit..1 x double whopper 2 x large onion rings 1 x large fries and an oreo thickshake later....only just starting to feel guilty

Breakfast
2 piece of brown bread
Baked beans
4 eggs

Lunch

2 x tins of tuna
Pwo

Gym

2 scoops of whey
Banana
Hi lo milk
Teasp peanut butter

Dinner
Vegetables

Breakfast - 2 egg scramble with mozzarella and a smoothie containing spinach, kale, almond milk, half avo, mct oil, goji berries, collagen, creatine, potato starch, cinnamon, tumeric, chia seeds.

Lunch - big ass salad ala mark Sisson. Spinach, heaps of veg, nuts, cheese and olive oil. Sometimes some left over dinner as well

Dinner - 200g portion of meat with 4-5 veg so plate is 3/4 veg and my protein source. Usually topped with butter.

Kombucha in the morning and evening.

Breakfast - 2 egg scramble with mozzarella and a smoothie containing spinach, kale, almond milk, half avo, mct oil, goji berries, collagen, creatine, potato starch, cinnamon, tumeric, chia seeds.

Lunch - big ass salad ala mark Sisson. Spinach, heaps of veg, nuts, cheese and olive oil. Sometimes some left over dinner as well

Dinner - 200g portion of meat with 4-5 veg so plate is 3/4 veg and my protein source. Usually topped with butter.

Thats super healthy

Is that you Pete?

Big leg session today so required a big meal,unfortunately dinner changed due to a vet visit..1 x double whopper 2 x large onion rings 1 x large fries and an oreo thickshake later....only just starting to feel guilty
My leg day is often Tuesday and I eat more on those days than any other. Super hungry, although back day (deads before weighted chins) come a close second.
Sometimes appetite after a huge session is your body telling you that you need to refuel.

On your average day where i train fasted, so Monday through Friday,
Pretty Standard.

A max's bulk protein shake with creatine and glutamine post workout (11am)

Lunch (around 1pm - 3 Chicken and salad wraps

Dinner - Massive plate of veg with either a steak, 2 kievs, or some chicken wings etc

Mondays or Tuesdays i might have an extra shake for the calories on the run, as i take spin classes as well.

Last edited:
This is my typical fare:

Breakfast - bacon, eggs and spinach leaves, glass of water with half a lemon and 1/2 teaspoon of acetyl l-carnitine, coffee with almond milk

Snack - a few squares of Lindt 90%

Lunch - usually some kind of salad (Caesar, Mediterranean)

Protein Shake - scoop of protein powder, almond milk, berries, peanut butter and creatine

Dinner - some kind of protein with veggies

Snack - Greek Yoghurt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back