Multiplat Disco Elysium

Remove this Banner Ad

I like that it's been refused classification in Australia, but still available on Steam
The classification board are so old and past it, they don’t know how to turn on a computer to check.

Not sure why Sony/Xbox don’t just sell it electronically too.

Just reload an old save. Scum saving is possible (assuming they haven’t changed it) so you can redo checks if you want. Often failing a check is fun though and can lead to other good stuff.

I am thinking about another play thru as a alcohol/drug fuelled hard man but not sure yet.

I prefer not to save scum for the most part so for now I'll just play as intended. Does the long dialogue at the start have any implications on game play or can I just spam X through that to get into the actual game? That looks like a bit that would annoy me, having to do that every time I die.
You can also take stuff to recover both health and moral which are affected by different things. Basically 2 health metres that kill you if either hit zero.

You might want to put some skill points into endurance and volition to get them up. Spec wrong at the start and you can get one shotted by embarrassment.
I think it was embarrassment that got me actually. I had only picked up one health item by that time and unsure if I had any skill points or anything to spend. I'm flying completely blind in this game, hadn't even seen a screenshot before I turned it on so its a complete learning experience.

I like that it's been refused classification in Australia, but still available on Steam

Don't need to get a classification to initially publish on Steam. It can get pulled after the fact though. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled from Steam soon so anyone interested in it might be wise to grab it now. Once it's in your library it can't be pulled.

Don't need to get a classification to initially publish on Steam. It can get pulled after the fact though. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled from Steam soon so anyone interested in it might be wise to grab it now. Once it's in your library it can't be pulled.
I've been tempted to buy it for ages, but as awesome as it sounds I'm just not sure it's my kind of game

I've been tempted to buy it for ages, but as awesome as it sounds I'm just not sure it's my kind of game

Worst case I think you'll be able to get it from a key seller in the future if you really wanted. When the games are refused classification they don't become contraband, only the sale of it here is illegal. Don't quote me but I don't think Steam would refuse to accept a key you got from elsewhere.

Really wanting to play on ps5.
Any idea if I create a US account and get it that way, will the game be available on my normal account to?

Really wanting to play on ps5.
Any idea if I create a US account and get it that way, will the game be available on my normal account to?
Yeah, it will.

Basically it'll be 'owned' by the US account, but you can play it on the same console as long as that account is on your system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this still coming to Xbox? I've been holding off buying it on Steam to see if it got a MS store/Xbox cross-platform release but I really want to play it now.

Fantastic news. I'm not against age classifications for entertainment, but restricting something for sale that doesn't cross the boundaries any decent person accepts (e.g. material that exploits children, animals, or those otherwise unable to provide consent) treats those same decent people as incapable of exercising their own judgement. The content that was cited as objectionable is pretty standard fare in literature, film, television and music for adults, so the more this obsolete and puritanical view that video games are somehow different is pushed back against the better.

I'm a console only gamer, and have been looking forward to this for a while. Trying to decide whether to get it on PS4 or Switch now. Is there any substantial difference between the versions? I keep my Switch to use as a hand held while lying in bed, so tempted to go that route unless the PS4 version is superior.

Gotta say that I don't get the hype for this game. I find it to be very, very slow, confusing and quite boring.

It does take some getting used to, but I enjoyed it by the end. That being said I would struggle to play this on console, lots of reading and control wise probably lends itself better to a mouse and keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back