D1 Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad to read of the Oakleigh situation. Under Gately they were a strong and feared outfit, which wasn't so long ago. It's hard to comprehend how things have fallen apart so quickly.

Agree AM. Remember him winning coach of the year in 09 or 10. Not 100% sure why he left, but I believe it was of his own accord heading into the the VFL.
Let's hope the Krushers can remain and build.

It's sad to read of the Oakleigh situation. Under Gately they were a strong and feared outfit, which wasn't so long ago. It's hard to comprehend how things have fallen apart so quickly.

Gately was a ripper and highly respected in VAFA circles. But sometimes as a club you reap what you sow. Krushers had years of good juniors but chased cheap flags in the bottom grade of the unders instead of trying to develop these kids into decent senior footballers. Mind you the VAFA were complicit in enabling this to occur.

Took their eye of the ball and this, combined with some questionable appointments is why they find themselves in deep trouble.

Gately was a ripper and highly respected in VAFA circles. But sometimes as a club you reap what you sow. Krushers had years of good juniors but chased cheap flags in the bottom grade of the unders instead of trying to develop these kids into decent senior footballers. Mind you the VAFA were complicit in enabling this to occur.

Took their eye of the ball and this, combined with some questionable appointments is why they find themselves in deep trouble.
If that were so it may explain a fall and need for major remediation but not the virtual disintegration of a club.

Hope someone from the Krushers can shed some light on the predicament they allegedly find themselves in presently.

Well frankly, getting done in a PM by a Div 4 side is hardly encouraging when you are in Div 1, but if Oakleigh are battling as badly for numbers as is suggested here (which is sad), it may mean we aren't going to be as uncompetitive in 2017 as at least one other club.

It all started 5 or so years ago when the presidents of the junior and senior clubs butted heads do the juniors took their kids to Sandown Cobras.
Pretty sad egos got in the way of what was once a promising club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone get a result from the Old Geelong v St. John's game Saturday??
both had a few out, don't have the exact score but Geelong was too classy and slick as most would imagine, and won comfortably in the end

both had a few out, don't have the exact score but Geelong was too classy and slick as most would imagine, and won comfortably in the end

I heard this game was called off at half time?? that doesn't sound like St. John's at all!!!!!

Care to shed some light Smiddy?
just heard through the grapevine it was called off at halftime, can only imagine why, they don't like loosing at home those jocs...only a whisper though so don't quote me I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time a games been called off involving St. Johns though.

Actually the game was called off due to an injury to a St John's player where he was tackled and the taken to hospital.

Thanks for shedding some light on the situation Smithy. Obviously weren't there and just making things up. Maybe next time check ur information.

Old Geelong and St John's games are played every year in good spirits.
Saturday was no different.

Oh any by the way the young boy taken to hospital is ok

Actually the game was called off due to an injury to a St John's player where he was tackled and the taken to hospital.

Thanks for shedding some light on the situation Smithy. Obviously weren't there and just making things up. Maybe next time check ur information.

Old Geelong and St John's games are played every year in good spirits.
Saturday was no different.

Oh any by the way the young boy taken to hospital is ok

I was only hearing this second hand so as I said don't quote me...glad to hear the young fella is ok, St. Johns rep doesn't help them in situations like this and I'm sure I wasn't the only one that was thinking it was a fight.

you can only assume things like this when you hear the game was called off when they (St.John's) have players threating to kill blokes...I have seen and heard this first hand. You wonder why no one wants to travel to Dandy.

What a load of rubbish.
Of course you've heard that.
When did it happen? Because it certainly hasn't happened in my time there.

What a load of rubbish.
Of course you've heard that.
When did it happen? Because it certainly hasn't happened in my time there.
2 seasons ago...your big dope of a full back! Too big and too slow so he threatens blokes! And wacks them behind play!

I walked past your bench once and the coaches message to him was to go out and hurt someone...

Not sure how long you've have been there but you guys may get away with that rubbish in the lower grades but you won't come close in D1 or higher!

Righto mate.

I've got better things to do with my time than worry about the issues u have with a coach whose been moved on.
Why not come and meet some of the quality people at our club rather than concentrating on 2 comments you've apparently heard.
I'm sure just like ur perfect club you'll see people working hard and doing the right things.

Try that rather than slinging s**t over the one day you've had down there 2 years ago.

And as for div 1 we just might surprise u

Went and watched MHSOB vs St Johns a couple weeks ago.

Not sure if St Johns had many out? Think they just won in the end?

Suspect St Johns 2s will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back