D1 Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinclair has indeed popped up as an assistant at SKOBs, Tanner has retired due to age/injuries/work/family, Gatehouse is continuing and not an "old bloke". Not a lot of recruiting happening at SMS, the average age is still under 25 and improvement is expected to come from their young guys getting bigger, stronger, faster.

VAFA Clearance page suggests otherwise. Gatehouse off to the Mid Gippsland league.

SMS have however picked up Joel Mattiske from De La. Only managed a handful of senior games over several seasons but expect he will do very well at this level.

Any practice matches this week

Hoes played Yarra Valley
- both had quite a few out apparently, I know we had 21 unavailable across the 2 x men's teams today.
- Hoes by 8 goals in the ones
- Yarra by 5 points in the twos and 11 points in the women's.

Good hit out, no injuries and have Banyule next weekend.

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone head down to watch the Whitefriars vs Eley Park game on the weekend? Results? How did both teams look?

Not me as I had a cricket final.
Not sure how much we won by, but everyone was better for the run.
We looked dark blue with yellow, they looked lighter blue with a EPFC logo in the centre.
Regardless of the result, we will belt Aquinas this weekend and retain the Strike-Wilkinson cup (which hasn't been fought for in quite some time).

Ivanhoe V Banyule this weekend - game reduced to 6 quarters as both teams have a lot unavailable (still cricket GF final and end of seasons cricket trips).

It will give the guys who play another run and a few guys their first hit out against external opposition, so not sheep stations but another tune up!

Chump

PEGS played Marcellin with Marcellin winning by a goal.
Ivanhoe V Banyule this weekend - game reduced to 6 quarters as both teams have a lot unavailable (still cricket GF final and end of seasons cricket trips).

It will give the guys who play another run and a few guys their first hit out against external opposition, so not sheep stations but another tune up!

Chump
ee

Anyone else seen the photo up from VAFA media day?? some big fines coming to those involved I'm tipping!
Anyone know of any practice matches on this weekend?? now cricket is done and dusted I have my weekends back!

Not an ideal outing yesterday for the Friars, who were soundly beaten in the reserves and narrowly defeated in the seniors by Aquinas. Haven't seen the Bloods for 6 years but frankly we made them look a lot better than a Div 4 unit yesterday.

A couple more weeks to tinker game plans and sort out who is capable of playing Div 1 footy......

Cmon hedge fund, you were beaten by a better team on the day. Gotta get a few blokes heads out of the gutters and focus on footy instead of wanting to fight. Looks like it's going to be quite tough for you blokes this year...

Not an ideal outing yesterday for the Friars, who were soundly beaten in the reserves and narrowly defeated in the seniors by Aquinas. Haven't seen the Bloods for 6 years but frankly we made them look a lot better than a Div 4 unit yesterday.

A couple more weeks to tinker game plans and sort out who is capable of playing Div 1 footy......

Surely you are taking the piss....'you made us look better'?? Clearly outplayed you in every area and turned off after 3qtr time with a lead of 5 goals!! Soundly beaten by a D4 team....good luck this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back