Status
Not open for further replies.

Big game down at Beaconsfield this week with the winner to go flag favourite

South Morno 18
South Melb 37
Mt Lilydale 12
Nth Bruns 13
Wicks 23

Would love to see them get up and out of Div 4. Great to see clubs like that progressing
Agreed. Apart from BHN and Sth Mornington (both doing well just to get back into divisional footy from Clubbies) and Masala (where on-field success is not such a be all and end all), Nth Brunswick is the only side in D4 that hasn't played in a higher div this century. The only other side in a similar situation was Manningham, who finally made it out this year. Be good to see NB go up.

Also, on my only visit (last year), they seemed a good bunch of blokes at a place with a good atmosphere.

Agreed. Apart from BHN and Sth Mornington (both doing well just to get back into divisional footy from Clubbies) and Masala (where on-field success is not such a be all and end all), Nth Brunswick is the only side in D4 that hasn't played in a higher div this century. The only other side in a similar situation was Manningham, who finally made it out this year. Be good to see NB go up.

Also, on my only visit (last year), they seemed a good bunch of blokes at a place with a good atmosphere.

South Mornington played D3 in 2013 & 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North were in this same position last season after the half way mark and we all know what happened at the pointy end.
Having said that I would like them to come up, they have a good bunch of blokes there.

North were in this same position last season after the half way mark and we all know what happened at the pointy end.
Having said that I would like them to come up, they have a good bunch of blokes there.

Yes they were 3rd best in 2017 & you were [2nd best]. Their reserves missed the finals.
GAFB: In 2018 - Reserves now unbeaten + they have added a thirds team. All adds up to depth so gibe them the F Flag now DS.

Yes they were 3rd best in 2017 & you were [2nd best]. Their reserves missed the finals.
GAFB: In 2018 - Reserves now unbeaten + they have added a thirds team. All adds up to depth so gibe them the F Flag now DS.

I have seen both SFX and NB. I wouldn't be writing off SFX just yet.

I have seen both SFX and NB. I wouldn't be writing off SFX just yet.
I'm in your corner...11 points separated the sides hardly a margin that would have a clear standout favourite ?.
Great game of Amateur football though played in great spirit ... I still think SFX have the better midfield but North more firepower.
Also were both at full strength ?, would love some thoughts from both clubs

Big round coming up this weekend.

NB vs SMD and Parkside vs SFX will go a long way toward showing whether SMD and Parkside are genuine contenders or just the best of the rest.

MtL need to beat an improving Sth Mornington to stay in contact with the top four. If Parkside were to get up, MtL could be 2 games and percentage adrift of fourth place.

Tips:
NB to do SMD comfortably. NB are the form side, SMD in something of a slump.
Parkside to upset SFX at home in a thriller.
MtL to account for Sth Mornington. MtL more to play for while Sth Mornington have a huge trek to even get to the ground.
BHN vs Eley Pk. Another line-ball game. Go with the home side, BHN.
Elsternwick to extend Masala's pain.

Last edited:
Big round coming up this weekend.

NB vs SMD and Parkside vs SFX will go a long way toward showing whether SMD and Parkside are genuine contenders or just the best of the rest.

MtL need to beat an improving Sth Mornington to stay in contact with the top four. If Parkside were to get up, MtL could be 2 games and percentage adrift of fourth place.

Tips:
NB to do SMD comfortably. NB are the form side, SMD in something of a slump.
Parkside to upset SFX at home in a thriller.
MtL to account for Sth Mornington. MtL more to play for while Sth Mornington have a huge trek to even get to the ground.
BHN vs Eley Pk. Another line-ball game. Go with the home side, BHN.
Elsternwick to extend Masala's pain.
NB to account for SMB but may be closer than we think.
SFX comfortably.
Sth Mornington in a close game, the Eastlink makes it less travel than other grounds and SM form has been more consistant.
Eley Park in another close contest
Elsternwick comfortably

I'm in your corner...11 points separated the sides hardly a margin that would have a clear standout favourite ?.
Great game of Amateur football though played in great spirit ... I still think SFX have the better midfield but North more firepower.
Also were both at full strength ?, would love some thoughts from both clubs

SFX and NB have comparable 1st tier mids but I think SFX's depth may be better. SFX have a decent 2nd ruck where as NB only have Dal Santo.

NB definitely have the advantage up forward but I am interested to see how their defensive structures will work away from Allard Park.

At this stage ... on a neutral finals venue ... I would lean just towards SFX.

SFX and NB have comparable 1st tier mids but I think SFX's depth may be better. SFX have a decent 2nd ruck where as NB only have Dal Santo.

NB definitely have the advantage up forward but I am interested to see how their defensive structures will work away from Allard Park.

At this stage ... on a neutral finals venue ... I would lean just towards SFX.
Sorry mate I'm a bit confused , was last weeks game not away from Allard park ?.

Interesting Round with the top 4 playing each other before the break
I'm still thinking Nth Brunswick are the favs with a solid away win on the weekend
Big game for us with a bus trip to Mt Lilydale, hoping we can turn 4-5 after a slow start with 7 home games after the break

Box Hill North 1
Elsternwick 31
South Morno 5
North Bruns 33
SFX 12

Good luck all and enjoy the week off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back