Docklands Stadium (Marvel Stadium) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think general admission on level 3 is $17, obviously the better the seats the more expensive they are so they $50 tickets are probably on the wing of level 2. From what i've read you are allowed to take commercially produced food in, although as the footy hasn't officially started yet, I haven't attended a game there this year i'm not 100% sure on this.
Ah thanks guys for all your answers . Just one more question ,are you usually allowed to switch levels at like half time or something if you've got a 17$ ticket for level but there empty seats at level 1.

The LED advertising is bloody terrible! Distracting and headache inducing, makes it really difficult to sed what is happenning when play is close to the boundary.

I think part of the problem is that theres more of it at Docklands and the MCG. Adelaide Ovals signage is pretty much single level around the Oval, while the MCG and Docklands have it completely around the first and second levels of the ground.

The MCG and Etihad Stadium will be the first grounds in Australia to have full LED digital signage across two levels and they are expected to be in use for round one of the AFL season.

While the majority of rectangular stadiums hosting NRL, Super Rugby and A-League matches have had the technology installed for a number of years, the uptake has been much slower for the larger oval AFL grounds. AAMI Stadium and Domain Stadium were among the first in the AFL to use digital signage.

However, Melbourne’s two major stadiums are going all-out, installing the digital signage around the entire circumference on both the ground level and level one. Most venues have the signage only on the non-broadcast side, satisfying the television coverage.
ref: http://www.austadiums.com/news/news.php?id=559

I think part of the problem is that theres more of it at Docklands and the MCG. Adelaide Ovals signage is pretty much single level around the Oval, while the MCG and Docklands have it completely around the first and second levels of the ground.

ref: http://www.austadiums.com/news/news.php?id=559
Adelaide Oval has it from the western pocket at the northern end to the western pocket at the southern end, going all around the eastern side, AND along the first level of the eastern and southern stands. That's double level for 1/2 the ground and single level for 3/4. Yes there's more but where it is, in most places it's double level. Just not the hill.

Adelaide Oval has it from the western pocket at the northern end to the western pocket at the southern end, going all around the eastern side, AND along the first level of the eastern and southern stands. That's double level for 1/2 the ground and single level for 3/4. Yes there's more but where it is, in most places it's double level. Just not the hill.

Docklands has it completely around 2 levels and is an indoor stadium. I would think the effect would be slightly different on the eyes.

I am genuinely really surprised that people don't have an issue with it - and that some actually seem to like it. No upside as far as I can see and plenty of downside. Everyone I was with last night, and those around us, agreed it was terrible. As The Wookie said, might have more effect being indoors.

Docklands has it completely around 2 levels and is an indoor stadium. I would think the effect would be slightly different on the eyes.
If you're sitting at the northern end of the western grandstand at Adelaide Oval in a night game you'll get 99% of exactly the same :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, could anyone answer How etihad seats are lettered. So for instance would letter A be up the front of the aisle? I just bought a reserved seat and I'm praying it's not a dud. Cheers.

Is Tier 3 bad viewing?

Even if it was say centre wing front row but on the third tier... is it hard to see what's going on?

In comparison to a tier 2 that is near the 50m arc/pocket.

They are amongst the best in the house IMO. You basically have the same view as those in the corporate boxes.

I don't go to Etihad a whole lot, but have general admission for the North v Hawks game this weekend with my membership.

Can't seem to find any information about which bays in the stadium are general admission (ie not reserved seating), so does anyone know where this information is, or just generally how many bays there are, when you'd need to get to the ground etc.

I don't go to Etihad a whole lot, but have general admission for the North v Hawks game this weekend with my membership.

Can't seem to find any information about which bays in the stadium are general admission (ie not reserved seating), so does anyone know where this information is, or just generally how many bays there are, when you'd need to get to the ground etc.
Will be Level 3. Behind the goals should be all GA. Along the wings the first 10-15 rows are Reserved.

Is this GA a part of the 'make up' for Hawks members in leiu of the Tassie games? If so, do you get any choice of games or are they allocated by the club?

They took the astro turf OUT after that knee injury a few weeks ago
No they didn't. It was discussed. They may have taken it off the boundary edge at the interchange (unsure) but they haven't removed it from the fenceline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back