Roast Does anyone not like the majority of their own teams fanbase?

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Obviously the internet can make it seem worse with some of the complete weirdos you can come across but I just find as a Geelong supporter the overwhelming majority are overbearing and not up to touch with reality. The only thing I actually agree with that they have to say is the obvious home game bullshit but why didn’t anyone bring that up when we were actually any good?

Let’s be honest about the club, too. They simply do not give a s**t, they are just happy to make the 8 every year and maybe make a profit. I cannot think of a fanbase that sooks as much as ours. You also couldn’t find a more perfect pair of tossers to be the main focus. Chris Scott and Patrick Dangerfield. They’re embarrassing.

I feel like a few people here will probably agree with what I’ve personally said about my own club. I was just wondering if anyone else was as disillusioned with their fanbase as much as me? Is this normal?

Last edited:

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
I don't like the majority of the human race

It's worth noting there's no reason why you should like the majority of your own team's fanbase. In many cases, the only thing that you'll have in common is you barrack for the same team.

I've met many Hawthorn supporters who give me the utter poos and know many people who barrack for our enemies (Geelong, Essendon, Sydney) who I genuinely care about. For that matter, I've got friends and family who hate football who I genuinely care about.

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Obviously the internet can make it seem worse with some of the complete weirdos you can come across but I just find as a Geelong supporter the overwhelming majority are overbearing and not up to touch with reality. The only thing I actually agree with that they have to say is the obvious home game bullshit but why didn’t anyone bring that up when we were actually any good?

Let’s be honest about the club, too. They simply do not give a sh*t, they are just happy to make the 8 every year and maybe make a profit. I cannot think of a fanbase that sooks as much as ours. You also couldn’t find a more perfect pair of tossers to be the main focus. Chris Scott and Patrick Dangerfield. They’re embarrassing.

I feel like a few people here will probably agree with what I’ve personally said about my own club. I was just wondering if anyone else was as disillusioned with their fanbase as much as me? Is this normal?

What I hate most about Geelong fans is that the vast majority of us seem to be happy to mire in mediocrity. "Well about 15 other teams would love to be making finals every year like us". Nah, all the s**t clubs just like laughing at us when we inevitably get bundled out without even showing up now.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thinly disguised self-loathing thread for some Cats fans.

Spoiled children sooking about watching their side finish top 4 year after year and with three flags in their lifetime. Supporters of some clubs would be stoked if they won one final.

Really? Who gives a s**t about winning finals (well.... maybe Essendon fans).

If the club isn't getting closer to a flag they are moving away from it. As a Freo fan I'm worried we are building a list that can't score similar to 2012-15 and therefore can't win a flag.

Couldn't give a s**t about winning a final except for to make a step towards winning a flag.

One thing I don't like about Adelaide's fanbase is we're very reactionary

We don't get that intimidating atmosphere going early and we just wait for something to happen on-field.

I remember back to Rd 10/11 last year against Melbourne - Hey, by the end despite half capacity we drowned out the siren, so we are capable of passion, noise, that intimidating environment etc. But at the beginning when we were massive underdogs and Melbourne kicked the first 2 goals. You could here a pin-drop. Dead. I don't like that aspect of our fanbase.

Also, being a conglomerate of numerous fan bases from the SANFL era. You can tell which ones are the idiots with no grasp on the rulebook down from the Parade. Worst subset of fans I've ever came across, but I guess they're in the minority in our fanbase, so not really an issue worth raising in this thread, but, whatever.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Being a Dees fan at games is unbearable, the most negative crowd you’ll ever come across. Makes the game almost unwatchable. Hopefully that changes next year.

I don't think it will. Richmond have won 3 premierships in 5 years and their fans act like the biggest victims on bigfooty. They may have won premierships but their fans are well and truly in the mindset of what Richmond used to be. I suppose it is like an abused child, a few years of success for that person doesn't erase the emotional damage inflicted.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Let’s be honest about the club, too. They simply do not give a sh*t, they are just happy to make the 8 every year and maybe make a profit. I cannot think of a fanbase that sooks as much as ours. You also couldn’t find a more perfect pair of tossers to be the main focus. Chris Scott and Patrick Dangerfield. They’re embarrassing.

Mate, I had a few tangles with your fan base on here and thought they left a bit to be desired.

Until I tangled with the Carlton fan base, then I realised the Cats fans are legendary good guys. 😍

Most Tiger fans on here I think are good, but I probably embarass some of my Tiger supporting colleagues at times. 😂😂

It is just a forum for people to say what they think. If another Cats or Tigers fan says/writes something embarrassing, it doesn’t reflect on you or I, as much as oppo fans will try to make you feel so.

It is all part of the great game of footy and life. 😁

Last edited:

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
There is one saints fan I cannot stand… and he runs a very biased facebook page. I’m sure most people would know who I’m talking about 🤣
The fella who’s banned more people from interacting with his content than actual page likes lmao. He has an account on here but I forget it.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I certainly enjoy going to Crows games in Melbourne and being in the minority - I guess it's easier to disassociate yourself from the majority of people and let's face it majority of folks are morons and no one wants to be considered part of that

I reckon it's got nothing to do with Adelaide supporters and this would be the case no matter who I barracked for

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I only know the Dees supporters on bigfooty and they're fu**in' legends, all of them!
The ones on Bigfooty are great.

Have to say I’ve come across some peculiar types at the ground though. Still can’t forget the time I sat in front of some maniac who had brought his girlfriend to the game and was doing the condescending “I’ll help you understand the game of football” stuff. Classic when the girlfriend got tired of it and told him that the guy he had been calling Wattsy all day was actually Josh Wagner, and to shut up. I should have bought her a beer

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Have to say I’ve come across some peculiar types at the ground though.
Sometimes I sense that I might be what other people consider the "peculiar type" at the ground :D

But, so what. "It takes all kinds to make the world" as my mum says.

TBH I love being a public menace, IDGAF.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The ones on Bigfooty are great.

Have to say I’ve come across some peculiar types at the ground though. Still can’t forget the time I sat in front of some maniac who had brought his girlfriend to the game and was doing the condescending “I’ll help you understand the game of football” stuff. Classic when the girlfriend got tired of it and told him that the guy he had been calling Wattsy all day was actually Josh Wagner, and to shut up. I should have bought her a beer

Didn't you know, girls don't have brains big enough to understand and like football ;)

Back