Does geelong have an unfair home ground advantage And ....

Does geelong have unfair home ground advantage? Do you reverse into car space more often then not?

• Yes unfair yes reverse park

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes unfair no foward park

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Not unfair yes I reverse park

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Not unfair no I foward park

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Don't drive anymore, but when I did I was a forward parker. Reverse when the occasion saw fit or I was feeling frisky.

Geelongs HGA isn't unfair.

Virus

I’m pretty good looking
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Biggest advantage competition wide during the home and away competition. Let’s be real 9 home games in Victoria where it isn’t neutral is an advantage on the other sides.

Which in turn gives us the worst disadvantage in the comp come finals.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Geelong's advantage is statistically proven over the course of decades to be the most significant home ground advantage in the league, yet unlike interstate teams Geelong are only an hour away from the MCG. That this cozy little arrangement did not produce a Premiership in 44 years is testament to the club's cultural procilivity towards choking in finals. (Meanwhile Hawthorn won eight Premierships in that period)

Only a few Geelong fans remain in denial about their unfair advantage, and that's mostly a front. Deep down they know full well, which is why most Geelong fans only bother showing to games in Geelong - knowing they're almost certain to watch a win when they do.

People who reverse into parking spaces possess criminal tendencies, doing so out of a perceived future need to make a quick getaway.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I was taught to reverse park. I also reverse into parking lot spaces because I like to do the hard part first.

But if you just drive in, when you're going to leave, before you get into your car you just look around to see if there's any hazards to be wary of as you reverse back out.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong, West Coast, Freo, Port, Adelaide, GWS, Sydney, GC and Brisbane all get a distinct home ground advantage (apart from Geelong, the other teams may at worst have one or 2 neutral games per year for local derbies) but all of them have zero advantage when playing away games, unlike MCG tenant clubs who may get anywhere up to 15 or so games at their home venue per season.

At work, I reverse park, it's mandatory, at home I drive in.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Geelong, West Coast, Freo, Port, Adelaide, GWS, Sydney, GC and Brisbane all get a distinct home ground advantage (apart from Geelong, the other teams may at worst have one or 2 neutral games per year for local derbies) but all of them have zero advantage when playing away games

All those non Geelong clubs away games are interstate, as opposed to Geelong's which are just down the highway. Plus, apart from Geelong only GC and GWS have their own home ground, and they have a much more even spread of opponents whereas the cheat grounders often play certain teams at GMHBA very sporadically.

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Good luck to Geelong its a unique advantage for them but not unfair.

Unique in that its the only main AFL venue where 5 or 6 clubs NEVER play there. That's not Geelong fault but that is what is unfair about it.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Good luck to Geelong its a unique advantage for them but not unfair.

Unique in that its the only main AFL venue where 5 or 6 clubs NEVER play there. That's not Geelong fault but that is what is unfair about it.
but that would make it unfair to geelong wouldnt it? If some clubs arent playing there then it means geelong is playing their home games against those clubs at their home City and grounds in front of their fans and not geelongs.

Not an advantage to play on your home ground, Gold Coast, GWS, Brisbane ect..are no different.

reverse into car parks so I can drive strait out, I hate reversing out of a car park.

Back