Autopsy Dogs discombombulated by Mt Buller - 115 to 65

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to ask how serious this team is when they have one practice match before the start of the season against North Melbourne. The skills and decision making have been the worst aspect of the game. It's really piss poor when you want to be a contender. I actually think the team is much better than tonight. But you don't help your cause when your preparation is one game against a bottom 4 team

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I didn't think it was possible but a full pre season of work has actually made Bailey Smiths kicking even worse. A remarkable feat of coaching.

We will all need the straw in the bag treatment to get through this season.

Still the 2022 Bulldogs. The 2023 edition has not shown up!

1. We kick a goal, and the opposition team gets one back immediately within seconds.
2. Defenders are to slow to keep up with quick small forwards and midfielders.
3. Teams walking it out the middle on 5-6 goal runs where we STILL don't seem to have an answer for. This is our experienced players and leaders. About time they showed their experience. Should be able to work something out amongst themselves, even without the coach.
4. Poor disposal and decision making across the field, turning it over at crucial moments or kicking directly to our opponent. Missing our own team mates completely. Not sure why our kicking has regressed so badly last year onwards. Remember when Macrae would lace out low balls long to a target? Or when Daniel was rated the best short kick in the league?
5. Butchering kicks inside 50 gives our forwards little to work with.
6. No game plan inside 50, just a stagnant forward line relying on lucky grabs from high floating balls, no movement and leads. Lacking genuine crumbers and pressure smalls.
7. We don't cause enough damage on the scoreboard any time we have the momentum, constantly wasted chances we got.
8. Lots of lazy jogging and watching the ball instead of intense pressure acts on the ball carrier. It is like we give up mentally.
9. Why do other teams always seem to be able to find loose players everywhere inside 50 for the easiest kicks and passes, yet we cannot?
10. No new game plan or plan B again?
11. Remember when we ran out games and piled on goals late vs teams in 2021? Now they run over the top of us after good starts.

I don't care about the result itself, but how we play. It was always going to be a tough game and a potential loss. But to get beat up by 50 points by a Demons team missing 4-5 starters, is very disappointing. Wanted to see improvement on the above things from last season, to give fans some optimism for the new year ahead.

All the above were issues last season. Along with defending coast to coast transitions. The fact that every single one of those same issues as 2022 were on show tonight was the part that gets me most. Really wanted some optimism to open the year. We get talked up by everyone every preseason. But aside from two finals runs, we are truthfully a very mid table team.

Of course it is only week one, but not the best unveiling to open the year, when you're trying to sell yourself to the fans.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some absolute ******* garbage tonight.

• Daniel horrendous down back. Get him out.
  • 2-3 dropped marks cost goals
  • delivery into forward line absolute dogshit.
  • Lobb was used woefully. We brought this bloke in to help in the ruck. Gawn and Grundy had field days against English one out.
  • missed shots on goals
  • pantsed in the centre clearances. Ours are scraggy kicks into the forward line meanwhile Melbourne transfer into goals
  • thought JUH was lazy at times. Least of our problems though.
  • 4 tall forwards can be covered by a good defensive setup.
We need to get to work. Hopefully it’s just a week for Jones.

What a let down for the fans.

After so much hype with a score to settle after the tripe dished up against Freo in the final to then dish that s**t up is nothing short of a joke. Bont said they were genuinely embarrassed after the final last year and to do this is mind blowing.

Heads have to roll

If we're gonna play 4 tall forwards then we're gonna need small forwards who put on a ton of forwards pressure. This is how our smalls ranked for tackles last year:

Rhylee West : 3.8 tackles a game
McNeil : 3.4 tackles
Weightman : 1.9 tackles
Vandermeer : 1.8 tackles
Scott : 1.3 tackles
Hannan : 1.1 tackles

And guess which 2 Bevo picked...

Also I wanna give Baker a chance but the Dees have the best talent ID and coaching atm, so them delisting him is a bit of a red flag.

His pressure was supposed to make up for his poor disposal and decision making but 1 tackle for the game is just not good enough.

PS. Pickett and Chandler had more tackles between them than ALL our forwards combined (8 and 7 tackles each)

Oh My God Omg GIF by Mashed

That was real bad!

Right on top in that second quarter but wasteful as usual and should've been more than 11 up. Then allowed the classic Melbourne 5 goals in 5 minutes to be down massive at half time. Rolled over and let them ream us in the second half.

Not a lot of winners out there. English was fantastic in the first half in particular but Gawn was still the dominant ruck on ground. Thought Richards was good (16 intercepts or something from him), Naughton never gave up, Treloar and Libba were decent, Scott had some good moments. Bruce was better than I expected but still had some dodgy moments.

Not the end of the world, Melbourne will be there or thereabouts this season. I was hoping for a lot more. We were bad against the good teams last year and nothing has changed. I don't think the preseason helped us be ready round 1. A bunch of intraclub matches (one which was an A team flogging a B team) and then beat up North. Think we thought we were further ahead than we are.

Not to single anyone out of a horrendous team performance, and certainly not Alex Keath playing like a goober, but Williams wtf? You're a 100 gamer with more anxiety than my ex with anxious attachment. Who castrated you Horse?

Still the 2022 Bulldogs. The 2023 edition has not shown up!

1. We kick a goal, and the opposition team gets one back immediately within seconds.
2. Defenders are to slow to keep up with quick small forwards and midfielders.
3. Teams walking it out the middle on 5-6 goal runs where we STILL don't seem to have an answer for. This is our experienced players and leaders. About time they showed their experience. Should be able to work something out amongst themselves, even without the coach.
4. Poor disposal and decision making across the field, turning it over at crucial moments or kicking directly to our opponent. Missing our own team mates completely. Not sure why our kicking has regressed so badly last year onwards. Remember when Macrae would lace out low balls long to a target? Or when Daniel was rated the best short kick in the league?
5. Butchering kicks inside 50 gives our forwards little to work with.
6. No game plan inside 50, just a stagnant forward line relying on lucky grabs from high floating balls, no movement and leads.
7. We don't cause enough damage on the scoreboard any time we have the momentum, constantly wasted chances we got.
8. Lots of lazy jogging and watching the ball instead of intense pressure acts on the ball carrier. It is like we give up mentally.
9. Why do other teams always seem to be able to find loose players everywhere inside 50 for the easiest kicks and passes, yet we cannot?
10. No new game plan or plan B again?

I don't care about the result itself, but how we play. It was always going to be a tough game and a potential loss. But to get beat up by 50 points by a Demons team missing 4-5 starters, is very disappointing. Wanted to see improvement on the above things from last season, to give fans some optimism for the new year ahead.

All the above were issues last season. Along with defending coast to coast transitions. The fact that every single one of those same issues as 2022 were on show tonight was the part that gets me most. Really wanted some optimism to open the year. We get talked up by everyone every preseason. But aside from two finals runs, we are truthfully a very mid table team.

Of course it is only week one, but not the best unveiling to open the year, when you're trying to sell yourself to the fans.
You said it brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back