Autopsy Dogs fail to perform against saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Points sourced from D50 makes for some horrendous viewing...

View attachment 1641151
Thanks Oliver. It shines a stark light on our terrible ball movement. We scuttle sidewise like crabs hoping like hell we don't turn the ball over. We play scared. Or should that read scarred....

Thanks Oliver. It shines a stark light on our terrible ball movement. We scuttle sidewise like crabs hoping like hell we don't turn the ball over. We play scared. Or should that read scarred....
That's a perfect description of how we play... scared and I don't know why but it is very important to know why. Also agree we are scarred as a result of how we play and the number of players is sadly increasing.

Points sourced from D50 makes for some horrendous viewing...

View attachment 1641151

If it wasn't already, that will now be a key stat chewed on by the OTC, 360 and/or other shows across the week you'd think.

It is incredibly damning, even in a small sample size, to be 50% worse than the second worst team in conceding points from D50. Johnson was right when he said Collingwood would put 20 goals past us without blinking (or something similar). The Lions are no slouches in this department either, and my guess is Richmond and Port will fancy themselves to expose that too. It'sa horror few weeks ahead unless something substantive changes.

If it wasn't already, that will now be a key stat chewed on by the OTC, 360 and/or other shows across the week you'd think.

It is incredibly damning, even in a small sample size, to be 50% worse than the second worst team in conceding points from D50. Johnson was right when he said Collingwood would put 20 goals past us without blinking (or something similar). The Lions are no slouches in this department either, and my guess is Richmond and Port will fancy themselves to expose that too. It'sa horror few weeks ahead unless something substantive changes.
There were signs of it last year, it's just that our excellent stoppage work masked it.

Losing Dunkley, Treloar injured, and Smith no better of a footballer than he was in 2020 a big factor for that not even masking it this year.

The mark crap was still happening last night
Yeah you are right, it did happen a bit, I'm not too upset when its used at times when deemed strategically necessary, but last year it was every single time a mark or free was taken, even a shot at goal.

Bevo persisting with things that clearly don't work seems like either 1) a face saving exercise or 2) to prove he is the smartest coach going around. All I know is it is he is not the 2).

338010620_178659318357155_4788591798990237557_n.jpg

One last thing before I erase this game from my memory.

The loss was bad, but it’s even worse when players aren’t given the roles they are best suited to. This is part of the reason we have had list imbalances and also why the cohesion as a team is not there. Bevo’s versatility mantra got old really quickly for everyone else.

West is a midfielder but can operate as a small forward, if that is the role he’s given. Too often he’s moved around mid-game instead of just being given a role. Should have been chained inside 50, but ends up on the wing or at half back.

Bruce is a forward, not a defender. He spent the pre-season training as a defender and has been average at best. At any stage of the game he could have been swapped with Darcy and we would instantly look better.

McLean is an on baller, not a makeshift forward or winger. A few times out outlet kick down the wing was to McLean on a one on one. He’s not going to be taking many contested marks now, is he? Chuck him on Steele and put literally anyone else on the wing and we would instantly look better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs to come out and play on Thursday. His teammates will be around him. I don't think Brisbane fans would do that. They have Charrrlieeee and they wouldn't like anyone doing it to him.
I know your intentions are well, but I don't think you should be saying "he needs to come out and play on Thursday".

We don't know what he's dealing with and he shouldn't be told what he needs to do. We may not be performing well on the field, but one thing we do very, very well is providing the necessary support to players in need of assistance. I'm proud of the Club in the way they handle these matters.

The important thing is JUH's long term health, and if he believes the best way to deal with that is to take time off, I'm all for that and fully supportive of it. We know the Club will be too.

Funny enough, with many situations in life. The more you try to not stuff up, the more you actually do stuff up. Then it drives your confidence even lower than before. We probably make more mistakes and turn overs playing timid, more than we would playing high risk football. Question is, can the players themselves snap out of it? Only takes one good strong win to get the confidence up.

I'm looking at the grief of losing our premiership coach. That makes it sounds like he's dead, I hope he has many more years on this planet. It is a real grief.

Even the Charlie Bucket s of the board are getting past the denial stage

Most of us are at anger

Some mixed with bargaining - "if only he had better assistants, could change his game style , if the leadership group showed some balls"

When he does leave and we're missing finals and the caretaker coach paddles along , comes sadness and regret

Acceptance will happen next season.

I'm looking at the grief of losing our premiership coach. That makes it sounds like he's dead, I hope he has many more years on this planet. It is a real grief.

Most of us are at anger

Some mixed with bargaining - "if only he had better assistants, could change his game style , if the leadership group showed some balls"

When he does leave and we're missing finals and the caretaker coach paddles along , comes sadness and regret

Everyone is over anger and were so by 3 quarter time on the weekend definitely have the majority at sad/accepting which is disappointing at r2 and given what Bevo has done for the club makes it difficult but the reality is he has run his course

As much as I love Naughton, him in defence with our setup right now (and the problems we are facing) would make things worse.

Either we are turning the ball over and getting punished or we are so timid and slow we can’t get the ball forward. Naughton would add to both of those problems. My guess is that he will play frantic footy and turn the ball over then retreat into a shell and slow the whole thing down.

Our midfield will need to recapture there best for us to scrape into the top 8 again im afraid.

As much as I love Naughton, him in defence with our setup right now (and the problems we are facing) would make things worse.

Either we are turning the ball over and getting punished or we are so timid and slow we can’t get the ball forward. Naughton would add to both of those problems. My guess is that he will play frantic footy and turn the ball over then retreat into a shell and slow the whole thing down.

Our midfield will need to recapture there best for us to scrape into the top 8 again im afraid.
This is important. There's no point changing the icing if the cake is the problem.

Most of us are at anger

😂 You’re a funny man bresker.

I’ve been a realist. Called this exact situation 12 months ago. His time would be up when he lost the players, which it looks like he has.

Just because some of us didn’t buy in to the emotional reaction of not having things our way, which waaay too many did, doesn’t mean we were in denial.

If the club had actioned the requests of a lot of posters in here prior to 2021, we’d have not gone a whisker from winning our 2nd flag. I’m happy to have been in the stay camp up to this point. Been a great ride and have enjoyed every minute, which a lot of supporters on BF, can’t say the same. It’s unfortunate.

Hopefully the bend aid gets ripped soon and we can look to the future. Look to the future bresker, look to the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back