Game Day Dogs V Cats 6/4 AO / Bevo V his Nemesis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see why Macrae is on the outer. His lack of pace and defensive accountability would stand out like dogs balls in this game.

I hope the sting is out of the game when/if he comes on.

A 53 year old Pendlebury still had enough pace to play a fairly big role in a Premiership last season. Don't think the game has moved past Macrae

Libba has been awesome. Bont is Bont. Buku has been good but has lost Cameron a couple of times, probably positioning very aggressively to intercept. Daniel needs to lift and Dales disposal is heckle and Hyde at the moment. I cannot stand Hawking pushing. It’s so bloody obvious so why can’t the umps see it? It’s infuriating. I reckon he does it every time he’s caught behind his opponent. Has been doing it for years.

Strangely enough, we are still very much in this.
But playing predictable football will not win it.
Time for Beveridge to introduce some risk into the gameplan.
If not, it will be just another loss and another indication that he hasn't developed this side at all since '16.
I think this game will define his coaching career.

Feels like one of those games where we hold on and they kick a few late goals to beat us by 30+

We need execute our skills better and Bony and Libba could get us over line. I would be subbing Macrae on early this quarter could be be a weapon maybe for Baker or VDM.

Need to have someone playing out of the goal square and anchor the forward line the old fashioned way. Getting caught up the ground letting Geelong defenders get uncontested intercepts and rebound.

VDM kicked to a one on three, but what did he have up the ground? I'm not at the game, so not sure. But I'll bet Geelong's methodical system as opposed to our sometimes shambolic system had something to do with it.

If we EVER become the sum of our parts, we would blow this Geelong team out of the water. It's so frustrating.
The ******* daft part is he didn't have to. Could've gone back, taken a little time and allowed team-mates to get inside 50, or at least gone sideways to a teammate and hold possession. 3 on 1 with West is just so ******* dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back