36 - T. Liberatore
36 - A. Scott
35 - J. Macrae
35 - L. Davies-Uniacke
32 - P. Curtis
32 - M. Bontempelli
31 - B. Dale
30 - A. Keath

Irrelevant in the end…but how was that a FK against Keath? He didn’t make contact until he was facing the ball.
The umpire would have argued that it wasn't a realistic attempt to contest or spoil the mark, and even though he was facing the ball by the time he made contact it was still front on. He turned but had no idea where the ball actually was. Fair free kick I think.

Refreshing to see our defence actually marking the ball instead of blindly punching. our skills are terrible but that is expected after stupidly not playing a proper game last week.

forward connection still not there. Seems haphazard as always. Need to ensure our seperation and leading patterns improve

Liam Jones has played one hell of a quarter

Midfield has no defensive side. It is a practice match but I thought we'd see a bit more.

Midfield still bombing it on the head of packs in the fwd 50.

Lobb, Naughton and English are all contesting the same high ball which is infuriating.

Most pleasing thing for me is that our fringe players are playing well: Anthony Scott, Oskar Baker and big bad Liam Jones.

Midfield has no defensive side. It is a practice match but I thought we'd see a bit more.

Midfield still bombing it on the head of packs in the fwd 50.

Lobb, Naughton and English are all contesting the same high ball which is infuriating.

Most pleasing thing for me is that our fringe players are playing well: Anthony Scott, Oskar Baker and big bad Liam Jones.
Crozier has done some good things as well.

Hopefully Duryea is alright

It's early but not impressed

Kicking inside 50 has been poor therefore we are struggling to defend the transition

Jones clear BoG. Keath needs to stop panicking in defense

Feel like we're pretty top-heavy. Several times at least 3 of English, Lobb, Darcy, JUH and Naughton all flying for the ball on the wing.

Otherwise...
-Liking what Baker brings
-Crozier looks like the Croz of old.
-Daniel - looking lost
Xerri and Goldstein winning the ruck by a fair margin.
-Lobb average so far
-Macrae, Libba, Bont and Smith all finding it.
-Jones and Keath combo looking good but still too much easy ball coming in overall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back