Unofficial Preview Dogs vs GWS - Canberra Oval [28/4 @ 7:50PM]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm scared.

Biggs has to go out. Wouldn't be surprised if Jong or Smith went out, and Campbell's lucky that we have no other options. A real statement would be if libba was dropped, he's been average lately.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Cordy Roberts Wood
HB: Murphy Adams JJ

R: Campbell Bont Dahlhaus
C: Macrae Libba Hunter

HF: McLean Jong Dunkley
F: Stringer T.Boyd C.Smith

I: M.Boyd Williams Picken Daniel

Out: Biggs, Suckling
In: Williams, Daniel

Defense - Going to need the three talls down back against Patton, Cameron and Lobb, and I thought the three worked really well together in the second half today. Wood looks out of form, just doesn't seem to be impacting as many contests as he usually does. Our defensive pressure up the ground hasn't been as good this year which has meant the ball has been getting into our 50 quicker and easier which has probably impacted Wood a fair bit. He did have a good second half today.

Haven't seen any VFL this year but it sounds like Williams has taken his game up another level after a good rookie season. Need more dash and creativity out of defense as too much is being left to JJ so I'm giving him a run. Biggs to come out. He is really struggling this year and might need to build some confidence in the twos. Suckling has been way too up and down the past few weeks so I'm giving him a spell too. His best is a real asset but he needs to be more consistent throughout a game.

Midfield - Really missing Roughy at the moment. Campbell always gives it his all but he is getting well beaten at the moment. Has had some tough assignments to be fair and it gets tougher with Mumford in form. Need him and T.Boyd to step up this week.

Need our midfielders to stand up this week too. Our only chance to win is if we can get on top of their midfield. Last year we were 1st in contested possession differential and 1st in clearance differential, this year we've dropped back to 9th and 14th in those areas. We're losing clearances by an average of 5 a game right now. GWS are a clear number one in both areas so far this season so we need to get back to last years form.

I'm bringing Daniel back this week too. Haven't seen any VFL but has been named in the best twice so hopefully he has done what's asked of him and he is ready to return. Also happy for Webb to come in.

Attack - Found a way to make it work today but we'll see how it goes against the good sides. Cordy and Adams will be needed down back so I see no other option but to go small up forward. Will feel a lot better about our team when Dickson, Crameri and Cloke are back. A lot of pressure on Boyd and Stringer this week, just need them to halve contests and let the smalls go to work. Wouldn't be a bad idea to send someone to Haynes and make sure he isn't able to take intercept marks all night. Clay has started a little slow this season but I think he deserves a few more weeks.

Dunkley's fall was sufficient to warrant a deep hip corkie. Hope he pulls up well.
Agreed. All these people calling for sweeping changes had better hope that Dunks gets up and Bont shakes off whatever was wrong with his hip, or it might wind up Webb and Williams in for those two. We might need to sacrifice a few chickens/goats/virgins to stop all these damn injuries...

Agreed. All these people calling for sweeping changes had better hope that Dunks gets up and Bont shakes off whatever was wrong with his hip, or it might wind up Webb and Williams in for those two. We might need to sacrifice a few chickens/goats/virgins to stop all these damn injuries...
Wouldn't be surprised if Bont needs a rest to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back