Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ashes game wasn't so bad and was fully released on all platforms I am sure this game would of been released by now.

Since they don't need to worry about the competition anymore, they have gone back to polishing the game some more and will look to release it around the World cup time.

Big Ant have well and truly missed the boat getting this thing out for the Ashes. The nation is captivated by it at the moment, but once its done there's nothing to look forward to till next summer to keep people keen on cricket.

I know nothing about Video Game marketing, and assume it probably wasn't their decision, but I never really understood why they didn't want to release before the Ashes game.

I work in IT where if you can beat a competitor to market, half the battle is already won. I couldn't imagine Apple delaying an iPad release to see how the Galaxy/Surface went for example. They'd get it out and get the market share, especially when you have the superior product.

I know nothing about Video Game marketing, and assume it probably wasn't their decision, but I never really understood why they didn't want to release before the Ashes game.

I work in IT where if you can beat a competitor to market, half the battle is already won. I couldn't imagine Apple delaying an iPad release to see how the Galaxy/Surface went for example. They'd get it out and get the market share, especially when you have the superior product.

Exactly. The game probably wasn't ready in time. They were, and possibly still are, fixing bugs. And I don't believe that they didnt know when Ashes 13 was being released either. Aren't both developers based in Melbourne? It's a two horse cricket game developer town, surely they would of got word in their community and done something about it.

Really I wouldn't be suprised if it's held back and rebranded for the World Cup next year - maybe picking up a couple of licenses on the way.
Since they don't need to worry about the competition anymore, they have gone back to polishing the game some more and will look to release it around the World cup time.
Nope.

Surely we could get an answer for a release date then, or reasons as to why no release date has been given.
It's not up to me to talk about release dates.
Something tells me all those bugs we saw at the EB showing were not old builds of the game and they have delayed it to try an fix it.
False, the game has not been delayed. And yes, it was an old build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trophy List

Bronze Trophies:
Dr Frankenstein l Presume - Creating A Player In The Don Bradman Academy
Chairman of Selectors - Create A Team In The Don Bradman Academy
Bowling Practice - Use A Bowler In Match Practice Mode
Batting Practice - Use A Batsman In Match Practice Mode
Don't Mind If I Do - Play Online With A Team You Have Downloaded From The Don Bradman Academy
Look What I Did - Share A Team In The Don Bradman Academy
Better Together - Play An Online Match With A Friend
World Tour - Play A Match At Every Ground
Bowlers Game - Limit A Team To Less Then 50 Runs In An Innings
A Good Start - Win A Career Match
Nervous Nineties - Get A Batsman Out While In The 90s
An Innings And... - Win A Match By An Innings
Get To Grips - Win A Match On Legendary Difficulty
Extra, Extra - Bowl 120 Deliveries Without Bowling An Extra
Career Highlight - Get Your Player To Level 5
Five For - Take 5 Wickets In An Innings With One Bowler
Centurion - Score A Century With A Batsman
Now Go Fetch It - Hit a 6 With A Straight Drive
Showing Intent - Score A Six With A Level 1 Batsman
Mine! - Take An Outfield Catch
Direct Hit - Run Out A Batsman With A Direct Hit

Silver Trophies:
Career Bowler - Take 100 Wickets With Your Career Player
Career Batsman - Score 2000 Runs With Your Career Player
All Comers - Win 3 Ranked Online Games
Captain's Knock - Score A Double Century With Your Captain
Sobering Effort - Hit 6 Sixes In An Over
Record 11 - Have Your #11 Score 99 Or More
Safe Hands - Dismiss A Team With Just Catches
Openers Knock - Score 300 Runs In A Test Match With Your Opening Batsman
Wicket Maiden - Take a Wicket In An Over With No Runs Conceded
Star Of The Future - Take 5 Wickets With A Level 1 Bowler

Gold Trophies:
White Wash; Win 5 Test Matches, In A 5 Test Series
Catches Win Matches - Take A Total Of 500 Catches
Legend Bowler - Take A Total Of 1000 Wickets
Legend Batsman - Hit A Total Of 10,000 Runs

And I said that when?

I'm surprised at all these expert marketers in this thread though, surely if it was that easy to do this then you'd be millionaires not needing to post on internet forums?

Pfft, not claiming I'm a genius at all, but surely I'm correct when I say that the best time to sell a game would be during the Ashes series?

So the game is ready right? What exactly are you waiting for?
Again, it's not my position to speak on release dates.
Pfft, not claiming I'm a genius at all, but surely I'm correct when I say that the best time to sell a game would be during the Ashes series?
If you're releasing an 'Ashes' game sure.

I'm sure the Poms are super hyped about cricket right now too, right? It doesn't all revolve around Australia remember.

It's not up to me to talk about release dates.

False, the game has not been delayed. And yes, it was an old build.

Big Ant have said it would be released in 2013. Surely this ain't gonna happen. Therefore the game has been delayed.

And why show an old build at a public 'World Premiere'? Strange marketing ploy...

Big Ant have said it would be released in 2013. Surely this ain't gonna happen. Therefore the game has been delayed.

And why show an old build at a public 'World Premiere'? Strange marketing ploy...
You're joking right? I'm sure you've been keeping up with it. But we had 2 PS3's brought down to the play session with the proper build. We then had another PS3 that was brought down especially so that the Admin from Planet Cricket MattW could get proper hands on to play and video the game, the problem was that the PS3 that was brought down had an older build on it with a number of faults that weren't in the other 2 builds. As soon as that was noticed, it was rectified and replaced with the same build from the other 2 machines.

I'm sure the Poms are super hyped about cricket right now too, right? It doesn't all revolve around Australia remember.

Then it seems a strange move calling the game "Don Bradman Cricket" if the Australian market isnt the primary target market

I know im no marketing expert either, but being 3 years into a marketing degree, in my opinion the non advertising and appeared non christmas release does seem rather strange, but I guess we will see.

The only other possibility I can think of is tying this into the Big Bash, especially if this game has Big Bash licenses (not sure if it does)

Then it seems a strange move calling the game "Don Bradman Cricket" if the Australian market isnt the primary target market

I know im no marketing expert either, but being 3 years into a marketing degree, in my opinion the non advertising and appeared non christmas release does seem rather strange, but I guess we will see.

The only other possibility I can think of is tying this into the Big Bash, especially if this game has Big Bash licenses (not sure if it does)
Australia is A market, not THE market.

Don Bradman is the greatest cricketer to ever play the game and known the world over in cricketing nations.

Surely you understand what a brand name can do?

Perhaps I underestimate what the Bradman name means outside of Australia

Outside of a Christmas release to tie in with the early phase of Ashes fever, the only other move that would make sense would be a Boxing Day-New Year Release (tie in with boxing day sales and whatnot) with a heavy emphasis on the Big Bash (which will be in full swing by then)

Come to think of it now, it would make some sense given that is was thought months ago that Ashes Cricket 2013 would have sewn the Ashes market up. Last thing you'd want is two games selling the "Ashes" Idea, especially when one of those games came with licensed names and teams, whilst the other didnt.

We will wait and see on this one, but a new year big bash orientated release may just work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back