Multiplat Cricket 24

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish I was saying I wasn’t getting it but crickets my favourite game so I’ll get it no doubt.
That’s what annoys me about them making footy , it left a sour taste in the mouth they should have just stayed away from it.

Crickets actually a solid game with some minor issues.

The screenshots look okay graphically and if the game play is similar to 22 with some tweaks that’s enough for me.

Not just this game in particular but I think sometimes people have some unrealistic expectations about how games will look or play. I’ve never expected a cricket game to be as good as the other sports so I’ve got lower expectations and like I said it’s such a shame they tried to take on AFL and make an absolute dogs breakfast of it.

The dev diary was laughable it wasn’t a diary and hardly any info at all.

I remember when Big Ant games were made with passion and had substance behind them, not sure if it’s the impact of having to report to Nacon, but now the only thing they want to talk about is how good business people they are for securing licenses. Improved gameplay, player experience and respect for consumers appears to come second now.

I remember when Big Ant games were made with passion and had substance behind them, not sure if it’s the impact of having to report to Nacon, but now the only thing they want to talk about is how good business people they are for securing licenses. Improved gameplay, player experience and respect for consumers appears to come second now.
That's sadly the cycles of these companies making sports games. They start off well, take their time to make good products and build up a good rep but once they hit a certain point, Start to phone it in and lose sight of the big picture. It becomes business and making money first, Respect for consumers second.

Why do you think most sports games are a shell of their former selves? It's all about money and milking it from the people who buy them. It's all that matters to these companies at this point. If you get a license for something, It's pretty much a license to print money. Big Ant have just gone down the same path that many before them have. Turning from one of the heroes of the community to just another villain.

Game releases tomorrow with a handful of screenshots and a 20 second trailer the only details put out.

I wonder if this release will go more smoothly than AFL 23

on screenshots i've been seeing, the top sponsor boards are the afl sponsors that have nothing to do with cricket, yikes

%D0%B0%D1%85%D0%B0%D1%85.gif

The strange thing is they’ve got a player base that’s done a great job of making custom teams and players to cover the lack of licensing each time.

The lack of any gameplay or discussion of what’s new to this edition certainly makes this seem like just a more licenced cricket 22.

The footage so far isn’t great but in fairness it looks like the players trying to play are terrible.

Some red flags being the signboards same as AFL and even empty stands and empty signboards.

Seen the ponytail trail of hair to which I’ve never seen in their cricket games before.

Fair to say they botched AFL big time and it looks like it’s impacted their cricket games which will piss everyone off majorly. They had a decent game with cricket they didn’t have to change to much but it does really look like they have tried to get to many games done in the same year and with how big a stuff up AFL was it’s impacted this 🤯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lack of reviews for this is worrying. I have a day off tomorrow and it was out of this or AC Mirage. Think AC wins as I am very skeptical about BA games at release. Will probably play once it's on gamepass

It plays just like Cricket 22... There's zero changes from what I can see apart from a slight graphical update. Seems the focus was mostly on licensing...

They haven't even updated player stats. Smith, Green etc they're all stuck as they were before the start of the last Australian home Ashes. Unless the day 1 patch (which hasn't come for Xbox yet) has that stuff in it...maybe? Hopefully...

Hang on, is this game out today? Have people played it? What nations are licensed?

Yikes, Big ant are officially cooked. Watched a review video and Literally no difference to gameplay, graphics, movement, anything. No wonder they haven’t marketed the game. Not even worthy of a DLC, let alone a new $100 game! There is literally nothing new to show off apart from Ui screens, IPL teams (half the players look generic by the way) and fireworks.

When players run on, they run through fences🫣

Big ant should just fold, I’m sick of this, no one buy the game if you already have cricket 22. Hopefully they’ll get the message you can’t just expect to rip people off because it’s a ‘new’ sports game.

Last edited:
Looks like Xbox copies lost at sea also for cricket.

PlayStation copies are at EB but they are yet to arrive on Xbox

Having a great year are Big Ant

I had a bit of time up my sleeve during lunch today and did the EB/JB round trip, didn't ask so the copies may have been at the counter as opposed to being on display in the relevant system sections BUT they were unsighted. I did a scan through of click and collect locations for all platforms and it seems to be in stock but not at every single suburb.

The game can be purchased digitally through PS+ and the Xbox network.
Game is still "coming soon" on Steam, not sure if it'll unlock at midnight or whatever French time they decide ? Whether or not it's coming out on pc within the next 24 hours (or next month or next year ? lol).

I got the game online store had some credit on there. From what I’ve seen it’s for some AFL type bugs that haven’t been there before in cricket.

It’s really pissed me off that they had a solid game with the Bradman incarnations and then slowly improved it to a very good game in 19 with 22 slightly improved. Think greed got to them trying to push out so many games in a short space of time. They shouldn’t have attempted to do AFL just focus on cricket which was a good game with a solid fan base. A lot of the good community academy creation users are bagging it out big time and won’t be doing anything so sadly this will likely be the poorest cricket game they’ve done.

Completely cooked as others have said and yep no marketing and they also delayed Rugby. They have had a shocker.

I’m waiting for the download to finish, I’ll have a go tonight and give some thoughts. I know there will be patches in the coming days to fix some stuff but when you brag about licenses and most of those lisences are just the team logo and kit , real player names but no likeness of them at all is disappointing.

Spend that time and money on game play and not having horrendous bugs instead of trying to cash grab with the IPL and PSL licensed headlines .

I got the game online store had some credit on there. From what I’ve seen it’s for some AFL type bugs that haven’t been there before in cricket.

It’s really pissed me off that they had a solid game with the Bradman incarnations and then slowly improved it to a very good game in 19 with 22 slightly improved. Think greed got to them trying to push out so many games in a short space of time. They shouldn’t have attempted to do AFL just focus on cricket which was a good game with a solid fan base. A lot of the good community academy creation users are bagging it out big time and won’t be doing anything so sadly this will likely be the poorest cricket game they’ve done.

Completely cooked as others have said and yep no marketing and they also delayed Rugby. They have had a shocker.

I’m waiting for the download to finish, I’ll have a go tonight and give some thoughts. I know there will be patches in the coming days to fix some stuff but when you brag about licenses and most of those lisences are just the team logo and kit , real player names but no likeness of them at all is disappointing.

Spend that time and money on game play and not having horrendous bugs instead of trying to cash grab with the IPL and PSL licensed headlines .

Why say all this but still buy the game? Vote with your feet

Don Bradman Cricket 14 was all about gameplay first and relying on the community to fill gaps in licensing.

Cricket 24 is all about a few extra licences slapped onto a copy and pasted game from 2 years ago.

A shame bigant have fallen so far. 4 games in 1 year was always going to be a bridge too far. Can’t say that NACON acquisition has worked out for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back