Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty disappointed with demo footage.

Spinners still don't turn the ball, animations are the same.

Has anything of value actually changed?
An update has just gone out to decrease the drift and increase the turn from spin bowlers.

• Nerf the off-cutters and leg-cutters on the seamers. When modelling the turn, think less Shane Warne and more Clint McKay.
  • The "charge" button is defunct on the right stick. Please put it somewhere else.
  • Put the leave button on the right stick. Putting it there would make logical sense, and actually allow you to leave balls you've adjudged to be outside off stump. It's useless on A, I have to pre-mediate a leave?
  • I hope this is just the bowling machine, but I hope the bowling AI actually keeps the ball vaguely on offstump, rather than a full bunger on leg stump every second ball.

• Put the leave button on the right stick. Putting it there would make logical sense, and actually allow you to leave balls you've adjudged to be outside off stump. It's useless on A, I have to pre-mediate a leave?
Quote from the newest Academy update notes: "Added Leave Option to Left Stick Click, Right Stick Click or A button."

The-It-Crowd-Clapping.gif

I finally got to test out the Cricket Academy demo. Great fun. I don't know how final it is but batting seems a lot easier than DBC 14 on Legend difficulty.
The spin bowling controls are probably the biggest improvement in my opinion. I can actually see myself playing as a batsman who bowls leg spin in career mode. Whereas in DBC14 I hardly ever bowled spin at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back