Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Then it seems a strange move calling the game "Don Bradman Cricket" if the Australian market isnt the primary target market

I know im no marketing expert either, but being 3 years into a marketing degree, in my opinion the non advertising and appeared non christmas release does seem rather strange, but I guess we will see.

The only other possibility I can think of is tying this into the Big Bash, especially if this game has Big Bash licenses (not sure if it does)

Allan Border's Cricket was known as Graham Gooch's Cricket or Jonty Rhode's cricket in other markets. Likewise Brian Lara Cricket '96, '99 was known as Shane Warne Cricket '96, '99 here. And RPIC 2005 was BLIC2005.

As for the release date i do agree that it should be released sometime over the summer. A teeny tiny bit strange if they released it during FOOTBALL season. Kind of like AFL Live 2 being released just as the season was coming to an end.

Granted over the years a video game of a sport can be used to fill the void between the time the next season starts (i used to play Pete Sampras Tennis a lot between each grand slam, and more noticeably before and after the Australian Open each year).

Allan Border's Cricket was known as Graham Gooch's Cricket or Jonty Rhode's cricket in other markets. Likewise Brian Lara Cricket '96, '99 was known as Shane Warne Cricket '96, '99 here. And RPIC 2005 was BLIC2005.

As for the release date i do agree that it should be released sometime over the summer. A teeny tiny bit strange if they released it during FOOTBALL season. Kind of like AFL Live 2 being released just as the season was coming to an end.

Granted over the years a video game of a sport can be used to fill the void between the time the next season starts (i used to play Pete Sampras Tennis a lot between each grand slam, and more noticeably before and after the Australian Open each year).

or the rugby league world cup gaming being released with a couple of days left in the tournament. Tru Blu don't have a good history of releasing games at good times.

Don't know if I represent the general popualtion, but as soon as the Ashes series is over I will lose interest in cricket. Particularly now that ODI's are sh*it. And the Big Bash is corny and laughable.

Then the Aussie Open and football season takes over.

Big Ant have well and truly missed the boat getting this thing out for the Ashes. The nation is captivated by it at the moment, but once its done there's nothing to look forward to till next summer to keep people keen on cricket.

Really I wouldn't be suprised if it's held back and rebranded for the World Cup next year - maybe picking up a couple of licenses on the way.

Yeah I mean the Ashes is one of the biggest series in sport and the second test is almost over already! In a months time I won't be watching cricket religiously like I do whenever the Ashes is on, people get excited for the tests not these pissy ODIs.

The thing is, I don't think anyone really expected Australia to dominate English as much as they have been doing so far in this series over here. If they had've released the game before the Ashes series started then you'd have the sales when it released but also the bandwagoners who will see that we're kicking Englands arse and will want to buy the game, same with impulse buyers.

If it really is looking like early-mid 2014 release date then I doubt they'll have half the sales they would've received if it was released now.

I guess the thinking behind that is, if there is a lot of bad publicity about the cricket game that just came out and how terrible and broken it is, then people go to EB and see DBC14 as the only cricket game on the shelf, we might be struggling.

That said, they'd be wanting to strike while the iron is hot in Australia, surely. Interest in cricket is at a massive high over here right now.

1xYyRhA.jpg

Again, it's not my position to speak on release dates.

If you're releasing an 'Ashes' game sure.

I'm sure the Poms are super hyped about cricket right now too, right? It doesn't all revolve around Australia remember.

The Ashes is actually the name for the cricket series between Australia and England funnily enough.

And I don't really care about the Poms right now champ, I would have considered buying a cricket game before Christmas, not after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Ross over on Planet Cricket.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 will not release in 2013.

In order to bring the best possible game to the market at the best possible time we have decided to move the date into 2014. We are working to get the game to all markets simultaneously and will advise as soon as we can of an exact release date once it is known.

On a positive note, there will be a new Don Bradman Cricket Academy released on Friday and to say thanks for your patience it will include the long awaited Nets Practice mode.

Not the best news, but I look forward to trying out the practice nets tomorrow.

Will the recent release of the of the next-gen consoles have much of an impact on the sales now that the game is delayed? (again?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back