Will the Senate convict?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the tightrope confronting Trump's remaining fans.

Do you accept that Trump lost the election and the result was legitimate?

If not, you're in crazy town and won't be taken seriously by anyone. You're in the Sarah Palin and Marjorie Taylor Greene basket, lying about an election because your guy lost. Some of you dead-enders will no doubt sign on for that. That's fine. But you should expect everything you say to be dismissed out of hand because you're deluded, dishonest or both. You may as well be off talking about Barack Obama's birth certificate or whatever fantasy makes you feel better. You live in crazy town. Enjoy it, but expect everyone else to laugh at you for being a paranoid, ill-informed headcase. That's one option.

On the other hand, if you do accept the result of the election was legitimate, then you must also accept that Trump lied about his defeat and promoted this lie while seeking to overturn that legitimate result.

That's what you now have to defend.

I honestly wonder, if you're an honest, sane conservative, what do you do?

You can either a) insist the election was "stolen" b) accept the legitimacy of the result but then try to defend Trump lying about it and seeking to subvert democracy c) abandon the GOP while it's in thrall to Trump or d) lie to yourself about what's happened and your options.

Last edited:

This is the tightrope confronting Trump's remaining fans.

Do you accept that Trump lost the election and the result was legitimate?

If not, you're in crazy town and won't be taken seriously by anyone. You're in the Sarah Palin and Marjorie Taylor Greene basket, lying about an election because your guy lost. Some of you dead-enders will no doubt sign on for that. That's fine. But you should expect everything you say to be dismissed out of hand because you're deluded, dishonest or both. You may as well be off talking about Barack Obama's birth certificate or whatever fantasy makes you feel better. You live in crazy town. Enjoy it, but expect everyone else to laugh at you for being a paranoid, ill-informed headcase. That's one option.

On the other hand, if you do accept the result of the election was legitimate, then you must also accept that Trump lied about his defeat and promoted this lie while seeking to overturn that legitimate result.

That's what you now have to defend.

I honestly wonder, if you're an honest, sane conservative, what do you do?

You can either a) insist the election was "stolen" b) accept the legitimacy of the result but then try to defend Trump lying about it and seeking to subvert democracy c) abandon the GOP while it's in thrall to Trump or d) lie to yourself about what's happened and your options.

Is that you Gillon? Asking a question and providing 4 optional answers that provide you with the reply you want?
It’s like reading an AFL survey.
Mate how about option 5, one hopes the Conservative party learns from their mistakes and looks to find a better way forward. With or without Trump.

The whole this is so pathetic the chief judge refused to be a part of it. The house dems actually impeached a president without a hearing. Even more absurd then impeaching a president for Hunter Bidens crime.
Pretty sure that Biden will be impeached for something as soon as republicans win back congress and the senate. This is the new way.

The people gets what the people wants m8, if he's so bad then he'd get destroyed in a 2024 election.

The real issue here is that y'all know he would win it, and democracy terrifies the contemporary left!
Trump is the one who commits electoral fraud.
Tells supporters to vote twice
Tries to apply pressure to Georgian election officials to manufacture votes.
I doubt the 75 million figure I think might be 50 million.
Trump failed to win despite ballot box stuffing on unprecedented level

The above is clearly ridiculous yet it has more facts (the first 2) than all of the allegations against Biden in the election

Trump now the most acquitted pres in history. You beauuuuty.

Now American lefties need to follow through on their promise to unite the country, and stop with the obsession with Trump.
That second statement is the truest thing you have said on this forum. The democrats need to stop talking about trump or compare what they are doing now to what trump has done.

Is that you Gillon? Asking a question and providing 4 optional answers that provide you with the reply you want?
It’s like reading an AFL survey.
Mate how about option 5, one hopes the Conservative party learns from their mistakes and looks to find a better way forward. With or without Trump.
That would be a combination of options c and d.

The GOP had an opportunity to sideline Trump and didn't do it. Folks are still struggling to accept that the result of the election was legitimate and in doing so reject Trump's lies. That's considered a politically risky position. Until that happens, until they break with Trump on that point, they remain complicit and the GOP remains the party of Trump.

Anyone who identifies as conservative but doesn't approve of Trump and his lies about the election, they are now a minority in the GOP and they are frankly out of touch with the base. Are they hoping the GOP comes to its senses and turns back to the likes of Mitt Romney?

Last edited:
You didn't simply criticise or disagree. You said his protest was inappropriate and thought Trump was right to attack him. Sounds like cancel culture to me.

Now you say Kaepernick had every right to do it? How does that work?

Trump also supported jailing people who burn the US flag. Were you cool with that?

Is this simply another case of you changing your position based on the circumstances?
It could be
Kapernick has right to have and demonstrate an opinion
Trump has right to say his own opinion (that he thought kapernick action inappropriate)
Both are using free speech
However trump went further by trying to ban what kapernick did- that is not protective of free speech

View attachment 1058691

FK, are you gonna admit you don't stand of the side of democracy or what?
I believe that election fraud likely occurred to some extent by both major parties. Would you agree with that thought?

I agree that there's no concrete evidence of fraud significant enough to tip the EC result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that election fraud likely occurred to some extent by both major parties. Would you agree with that thought?

I agree that there's no concrete evidence of fraud significant enough to tip the EC result.
Do you accept the result of the election was legitimate and that Biden was the legitimate winner?

That is a very straightforward question. Do you accept the result was legitimate?

Or do you think the election was "stolen", as Trump claims?

Do you accept the result of the election was legitimate and that Biden was the legitimate winner?

That is a very straightforward question. Do you accept the result was legitimate?

Or do you think the election was "stolen", as Trump claims?
I accept Biden as winner. Based on the information available, I would suggest that Biden's win was most likely legitimate.

I accept Biden as winner. Based on the information available, I would suggest that Biden's win was most likely legitimate.
Do you accept that the result was legitimate and Biden was the legitimate winner?

You either do or you don't. Which one is it?

It's a straightforward question. Why do you need to hedge?

Was the outcome legitimate? Or was the election stolen?

Do you accept that the result was legitimate and Biden was the legitimate winner?

You either do or you don't. Which one is it?

It's a straightforward question. Why do you need to hedge?

Was the outcome legitimate? Or was the election stolen?
This is where your pseudo intellectualism breaks down m8. You don't understand nuance.

Do I accept that there are alien civilizations out there in the universe, YES OR NO!? I have no way of knowing for certain, so it becomes a case of making an educated guess based on probabilities.

images (12).jpeg

This is where your pseudo intellectualism breaks down m8. You don't understand nuance.

Do I accept that there are alien civilizations out there in the universe, YES OR NO!? I have no way of knowing for certain, so it becomes a case of making an educated guess based on probabilities.

View attachment 1058700
Bottom line: you can't say you accept the outcome of the election was legitimate.

It's a straightforward acknowledgment but you can't bring yourself to do it. Instead you have to do a ridiculous fan dance that you pretend is about "nuance", when everyone knows you don't know anything in the first place.

Do you accept the result of the election was legitimate or don't you?

Can't answer?

Last edited:

Agreed, there is 0 evidence of widespread voter fraud. Hence this:

Biden legitimately won the election.

& Trump attempted to overturn a legitimate democratic election result, against everything the US constitution stands for.

Listen carefully brahs, if this impeachment goes through then the cold civil war will turn hot. And you'd best believe that I'd be on the next flight up to seppo land to contribute to the side of democracy and fairness.

It may mean I'll never meet my first child... but I'll be on the front line in Florida with the conservative Cubans, and shall produce numerous more mixed race offspring with the local Latinas, clear as mud?

These are your words a few pages back. Note democracy and fairness.

So FK do you beleive in democracy or what? how can you possibly justify your support for the republicans & trump?

Answer the question, don't deflect.

I wish I shared your confidence.

But all it takes is a weak Democratic candidate and a low turnout for the Republicans to prevail.

I mean, look at November's election. Sure, it looks like Biden won handily but the margin of victory was actually the three states that took Biden to 270 electoral votes. That was Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin, where the margin was under 1 per cent. We're talking fewer than 50,000 votes combined. If those states flip the other way, it would have been a 269-269 tie. That's how close it was, even in the midst of a pandemic.

I hope the GOP does split. Because Harris could easily lose in 2024.

It was the Senate elections in Georgia which gave me more confidence. A jewish man and a black pastor from MLK's church were elected over the good old white money of Georgia.

And the reason had to at least be in part to the fact that they supported Trump's electoral fraud lies. Since the election, his antics have probably cost the GOP 3-5 points (based on Georgia Senate results) which they will struggle to get back with Trump. And the beauty for Dems is that Trump could be 10 points behind in the polls and they will still think they're a chance.

It was the Senate elections in Georgia which gave me more confidence. A jewish man and a black pastor from MLK's church were elected over the good old white money of Georgia.

And the reason had to at least be in part to the fact that they supported Trump's electoral fraud lies. Since the election, his antics have probably cost the GOP 3-5 points (based on Georgia Senate results) which they will struggle to get back with Trump. And the beauty for Dems is that Trump could be 10 points behind in the polls and they will still think they're a chance.
Senate will probably flip back in 2022.

Senate will probably flip back in 2022.

I agree, more likely to go GOP than Dem. I think Kelly will keep his seat in Arizona, I think they'll probably lose the Georgia one. But if Trump is still running the GOP, then Romney and Collins crossing the floor is still fairly likely, especially if Trump is giving them both barrels all over the media.

But if they add DC or Puerto Rico as a state, then it will stay Dem. The Dems need to govern like they're in a dog-eat-dog world like the Republicans do.

Bottom line: you can't say you accept the outcome of the election was legitimate.

It's a straightforward acknowledgment but you can't bring yourself to do it. Instead you have to do a ridiculous fan dance that you pretend is about "nuance", when everyone knows you don't know anything in the first place.

Do you accept the result of the election was legitimate or don't you?

Can't answer?
I'll answer if you can answer this: if my balls were on your chin, where must my dick be?
Agreed, there is 0 evidence of widespread voter fraud. Hence this:

Biden legitimately won the election.

& Trump attempted to overturn a legitimate democratic election result, against everything the US constitution stands for.

These are your words a few pages back. Note democracy and fairness.

So FK do you beleive in democracy or what? how can you possibly justify your support for the republicans & trump?

Answer the question, don't deflect.
See above homie

I'll answer if you can answer this: if my balls were on your chin, where must my dick be?
Look how easily I work you over.

You can't even acknowledge reality, can't answer a straightforward question, because you know it will end with you contradicting yourself incoherently and having your arse handed to you again.

You're so alert to this that you can't acknowledge reality. How badly dominated must you have been to be reduced to that? That's good enough for me.

Back