Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just occurred to me that Tex Walker is done. What an inglorious end to a footy career.

Why do these people insist on incriminating themselves by using email and messaging to (allegedly) woo their underage prey? 7 pages of evidence against Joffa. Silly man.

How do you develop your powers of fandom enough to be considered a "super-fan".

How do you develop your powers of fandom enough to be considered a "super-fan".
Buy a gold jacket and flaunt it when we are winning and cultivate the company of 14 year old boys? Though seriously I don't know how he achieved super fan status. He is no oil painting and does not seem overburdened with charisma. Perhaps just being in the right place at the right time wearing the kind of gear destined to catch the eye of others.

Buy a gold jacket and flaunt it when we are winning and cultivate the company of 14 year old boys? Though seriously I don't know how he achieved super fan status. He is no oil painting and does not seem overburdened with charisma. Perhaps just being in the right place at the right time wearing the kind of gear destined to catch the eye of others.

Not sure how many teeth he had, but it helped that he fit a stereotype of an uncouth Pies supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the hindsight of all the people who suddenly have a platform.
While I abhor what is alleged to happen between Joffa and an underage person, I don’t get the retrospective hate for a person who at the time had turned his life around from being an alcoholic to someone who worked in the charity industry.
If and when he is convicted of the alleged crimes then he will face punishment as the community expects.

8pm at the work Xmas piss up and I've hit the wall. Probably time to leave after this beer.

I always knew!!

The Birds Aren't Real movement exists to spread awareness that the U.S. Government genocided over 12 Billion birds from 1959-2001, and replaced these birds with surveillance drone replicas, which still watch us every day. Once a preventative cause, our initial goal was to stop the forced extinction of real birds. Unfortunately this was unsuccessful, and the government has since replaced every living bird with robotic replicas. Now our movement's prerogative is to make everyone aware of this fact.

Loving the hindsight of all the people who suddenly have a platform.
While I abhor what is alleged to happen between Joffa and an underage person, I don’t get the retrospective hate for a person who at the time had turned his life around from being an alcoholic to someone who worked in the charity industry.
If and when he is convicted of the alleged crimes then he will face punishment as the community expects.
'Retrospective hate' is a bit of an exaggeration, but you obviously know far more about the guy than me, and you may well be correct in suggesting that he turned his life around and has devoted the latter part of his life to a worthy cause. He has always been 'Joffa of the gold jacket' and no more to me, whose penchant for seeking the limelight when we were looked like winning gained him the kind of notoriety of which the average supporter can only dream.

However, given the 7 pages of email and text communications evidence available to the court, I have more confidence that he will be convicted than I do De Goey. I think you are right to withhold judgement and I was wrong to make light of his circumstances. This is one time in his life when he would surely want to be just any old supporter like the rest of us.

I think the retrospective hate is from people who were jealous of him for being the most well known supporter. "Why him? Why not me?"

I think the retrospective hate is from people who were jealous of him for being the most well known supporter. "Why him? Why not me?"
I never hated the guy when he was putting on his gold jacket. I thought it was a bit silly but that’s about it.

The charges he is now facing pretty much erase him from Collingwood history.

so we have a period of time where he was made to be a superstar for putting on a jacket and now the subsequent period where he is being erased... seems to follow the usual trend of modern life
Vast majority of people don’t get erased because they are able to live within the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back