Doughty a Tiger?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Ottens is not going anywhere, not now, not later, not ever. But 3rd rounder would be no problem. Holland would probably help you at full forward but i think we would want more.

Originally posted by DaveW
Brad Ottens hasn't exactly been Mr Unbreakable when it comes to injuries in the last two years either.

R u Kidding!!!! he has had one serious injury and managed to come back from it half way through the year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by AngelEyes
:(

Coughlan, Johnson, Rodan, Campbell

I'm not a Richmond expert but I thought they had enough midfielders.:confused:

4 is nowhere near enough as these days they rotate through the mid-field.

Campbell turns 31 this month so his future is very limited.

Overall the Tigers have talls, but need more midfielders.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Get off the drugs Carmelo:p

Fiora is a soft**** and the most disappointing top 3 pick of recent times.

Fiora sucks:(

We certainly don't need him. And I agree with you Stiffy - if we'd taken him at #3 I'd be spitting - just as I did later with Angwin. These very early picks have to get top players, not ordinary ones or ones with no character.

All of our trading and drafting must be aimed at getiing a key tall backman, a marking ruckman, and a key tall forward who can take CONTESTED marks.

We have the rest of the ingredients.

The deal is fair, Fiora can give us alot of run out of defence and he actually has a football brain.

And if being soft is a negative, we might aswell trade half our team.

You forgot Tivendale, Blumfield and Bowden. But yes, they're not exactly short on recievers like Doughty.

Like the others said we need heaps more midfielders. just look at adelaide you have at least 8 players who could put up a descent fight in the midfield. The deal Dooughty and a 3rd round for fiora, i'd take that in a second what don't you like about Doughty?

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
The deal is fair, Fiora can give us alot of run out of defence and he actually has a football brain.

And if being soft is a negative, we might aswell trade half our team.
Carmelo, IMHO Trading Doughty for Fiora straight swap is a win for Richmond and a loss for us.

If Doughty and 3rd Round Pick for Fiora trade does happen then everyone at AFC should be shot. That would be a disaster.

Doughty for Fiora straight swap I could live with but throwing in 3rd round pick is insane.

No deal. This deal would solve nothing for our needs. Any trading or drafting we do this year should be to enhance our list not to put us back.

How is it putting us back?

Is Doughty a regular? No

Our gameplan of running it from the back and getting rebound from our defenders would suit Fiora well, plus he can kick long goals, hes still very young and has alot of potential. He may not of shown alot yet but either did Massie at Carlton.

Were not going to get any made superstars so weve got to take some punts and bringing Fiora back to adelaide and for a low prick would be a good deal.

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
How is it putting us back?
It doesn't adress our needs and IMHO Doughty is more versatile than Fiora

Is Doughty a regular? No
Would Fiora be?????? NO

Our gameplan of running it from the back and getting rebound from our defenders would suit Fiora well, plus he can kick long goals, hes still very young and has alot of potential. He may not of shown alot yet but either did Massie at Carlton.
There is one big difference between Massie and Fiora. Massie puts his body on the line 110% of the time. Fiora is more likely to back out of the contest than Massie. We already have a few flankers in Massie, Torney, Hart and even Begley. All 4 of those would be be way in front of Fiora in the pecking order

Were not going to get any made superstars so weve got to take some punts and bringing Fiora back to adelaide and for a low prick would be a good deal.
Trading Doughty for Fiora puts us backwards as I have said earlier. Doughyt is more versatile than Fiora. Fiora is not what we need. I am ALL for getting youngsters into the club and developing them. Thats why I have been suggesting, Seaby, Jamar, Smith, Schulz and a few others;)

We should get youngsters that will take this club somewhere in the future not a Fiora who is the most overrated top 3 pick in at least the last 10 years.;)

Fiora is only 22 years old and is 186 cm tall.. that is a great size for a person that plays on a half back or half forward... his left foot oozes class, hes a smart footballer..extremely gifted footy brain.

Hes underachieved but so have many players in their early years and he could bust out in Adelaide where he wont have much pressure and will be playing for a good team where he can establish himself and play around veterans.

Its really like the Perrie-Croad trade, you trade for potential.. Fioras a bit skinny but that can be easily fixed over summer with some dedication.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back