Doughty a Tiger?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by bionicsasquach
With the exception of begley though, all of those players were there last year aswell/
Burton played more as a wingman this year when last year he was a forward.

Shirley also came into the side midway through the season - he barely played a game last year. His good form kept the likes of Doughty and Gallagher out of the side, who had been fighting for a spot in the first half of the year.

As described, too many other, better midfielders jumped the queue ahead of him. 3rd round pick sounds good enough to me.

As for Sugar, we never thought he was soft, he was a very good player, just injury prone and he needed his mummy to look after him and be near him. Hard to get attached to a player that so obviously disliked Adelaide and wanted to go play in Melbourne.

I wouldn't be giving up too much for Doughty except for the obvious duds that no club will be interested in.

Fiora has signed a new 2 year deal and so I don't think can be traded, I wouldn't trade him for Doughty either. Fiora will explode next year.

The crows would be MAD to get rid of Doughty, he is a aplyer who could be flexible, has speed and wins a lot of the ball. And he is not over the hill. He should be kept, AND GIVEN A GO:D

Doughty, as a player, meh, he's alright but can't seem to crack the side...
but the biggest thing he ever did for the club was being the only player nominated in that "sexiest player" thing the record and the footy show held last year
to me, that makes him a keeper, Damn those dreamy eyes :p

You get Richmond's list fit and a decent coach to harness their running game - Terry Wallace - and I have no doubt they'd go close to the flag.

Guns/Gun quality:

Ottens
Blumfield
Coughlan
Bowden
Holland
Stafford
Richardson
Campbell
Chaffey
K. Johnson
Gaspar
A. Kellaway

Potential/Need to step up:

Pettifer
Schulz
Krakouer
Rodan
Zantuck
Fiora
Hilton

They've got the list... they just need the right man to mould it and have some luck with injuries.

Originally posted by dyertribe
Guns/Gun quality:

Ottens
Blumfield
Coughlan
Bowden
Holland
Stafford
Richardson
Campbell
Chaffey
K. Johnson
Gaspar
A. Kellaway
You list Richmond's guns and leave out Tivendale?? :confused: His disposal is 10 times better than Bowden's

And I'd leave off Blumfield - just another overrated Essendon player.

Richmond's core isn't too bad, but the problem is their depth. You only listed about 20 players there. That's not even enough to round out a full side, let alone allowing for the usual amount of injuries. Richmond desperately need a 2nd and 3rd tier if they're going to become a finals contender.

Originally posted by DaveW
You list Richmond's guns and leave out Tivendale?? :confused: His disposal is 10 times better than Bowden's

Slipped through the net...

As for Blumfield... well... he is dating the second hottest woman in the world ;)

Got a feeling Bowden won't be singing Tigerland next year, all the talk of chasing a big name (e.g. Stevens, Bron etc) would mean someone has to go. Tigers won't get rid of Richo, they'll want more than he's worth.

Originally posted by naughty monkey
Got a feeling Bowden won't be singing Tigerland next year, all the talk of chasing a big name (e.g. Stevens, Bron etc) would mean someone has to go. Tigers won't get rid of Richo, they'll want more than he's worth.
I think a lot of Richmond fans wouldn't mind seeing Bowden traded even if we weren't chasing a big name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potential/Need to step up:
Zantuck
DT, I reckon Zantuck is already a very consistent performer for the Tigers, particularly as he is often playing out of his weight class.

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
Doughty and a 3rd rd pick for Adam Fiora
Don't reckon Fiora is the type of player we need.

BTW, is there anyone decent available to AFC under the father & son rule for our 3rd round pick?

I would do the Doughty/Fiora straight swap. Sure Fiora wasn't worth the #3 pick Richmond used on him, but he's a talented player nonetheless.

However I do agree that Fiora doesn't really fit our needs. If we can use Doughty to get the type of player we need then that should be the priority.

But if it's a choice between Doughty and Fiora, then I'd go with Fiora.

Originally posted by DaveW
But if it's a choice between Doughty and Fiora, then I'd go with Fiora.
Then again, if they're both going to be playing in the SANFL. South are losing a player and Port are gaining one.

This requires more thought. :p

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Dogga struggled to beak into the team, so I reckon he would be up for a trade. Probably worth around a 3rd rounder, but would prefer him to be part of the package to get Ottens. ;)

Better still how about a few tickets to the GP and a slab of VB you idiot!

Slipped through the net...

As for Blumfield... well... he is dating the second hottest woman in the world ;)

yeah, not unlike the wakelins whose only value to the side was to drag a few more blondies into the social club after the games...

Originally posted by rioli17
Better still how about a few tickets to the GP and a slab of VB you idiot!
Care to explain your abuse, or are you just a serial sniper? :rolleyes:

If you have nothing decent to say, stay off our boards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back