List Mgmt. Draft Part 3- Post Draft Edition: Has pace, good kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Busy week so I just got to watch the highlights packages of our new draftees and I like what I see.

Really impressed with our recruiters line of thinking in this draft, they nailed all our areas of need and made the best with what they had...I really hope these boys can develop into solid AFL players.

We done West Coast recruiters.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Really impressed with our recruiters line of thinking in this draft, they nailed all our areas of need and made the best with what they had...I really hope these boys can develop into solid AFL players.

& BF posters... those recruiters would be nothing without our input!

P.S. if we originally took Kelly instead of Allen we would never had got Allen.

Now we have both.

A masterstroke!

Busy week so I just got to watch the highlights packages of our new draftees and I like what I see.

If they don't come off - well, they were picks 49 and 58 and speculative rookie picks so not much harm done. But if just one fulfills pre-draft predictions then we've won this one as we got Tim Kelly too. The four players fill positions of need not just for now, but also for the inevitable turnover of some of our core senior players from 2022 onwards.

on a side note

bigfooty player sponsorship, will this take place after the SSP period closes?

Thread will be up this weekend calling for participants with a view to starting the draft proper in about a week

The SSP is too open ended so it’s not practical to wait until it closes given it’s possible we won’t make a selection until next year.

Thread will be up this weekend calling for participants with a view to starting the draft proper in about a week

The SSP is too open ended so it’s not practical to wait until it closes given it’s possible we won’t make a selection until next year.
awaiting in anticipation

I’m still waiting for the poster of the year thread so I can post my hungrytiger nomination that I’ve had drafted since June

I know you're being pepperedby questions bond, but how bad was O'Neill's knee injury?

Everything I've read and seen interviews from him, it seems good to go. At the combine he said he was starting to run in a week. That was early October.

This is from the interview he did for the club website/app.

What he said:
“I had a grade two MCL injury after the under 18 Championships and missed the back end of the year and the draft combines, but I’m back training now. I trained with the Devils on Monday and I’m fully back into it. I won’t need any rehab moving forward. I’m excited to start training with the club.”

The Rookie Draft File: Pick 25 – Mitch O’Neill
http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2019-11-29/the-rookie-draft-file-pick-25-mitch-oneill.mobileapp

Last edited:
This is from the interview he did for the club website/app.

What he said:
“I had a grade two MCL injury after the under 18 Championships and missed the back end of the year and the draft combines, but I’m back training now. I trained with the Devils on Monday and I’m fully back into it. I won’t need any rehab moving forward. I’m excited to start training with the club.”

The Rookie Draft File: Pick 25 – Mitch O’Neill
http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2019-11-29/the-rookie-draft-file-pick-25-mitch-oneill.mobileapp
Lovely! Thanks boys :)

You know, I think Darren Glass had a pretty big influence in us taking a majority of WA kids. We haven't drafted like this in a while, but it's fantastic to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I think Darren Glass had a pretty big influence in us taking a majority of WA kids. We haven't drafted like this in a while, but it's fantastic to see.

I personally don't care if we draft from WA, other than that we should have insight into the longshots who can come good (Kelly, Ryan.. Treacy?)

I think mitch o'neill is going to prove to be a great get. I know geelong was super keen on drafting him (well the supporters)
Nope, not true. We plucked him from complete obscurity when no-one else was interested (I think that is how it works when you draft a player other teams were looking at. Albeit in this case it does seem that others were not that interested for some reason).

Speaking of the dick eaters and drafting from obscurity, Francis Evans with pick 40 odd. Who knows if he makes it or not, but 2 NAB league games with the rest (prior to injury) in the 5th grade of Amateurs is coming from a long way back!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the WA focus has much more to do with the latest of our picks. It was already pretty speculative by our first pick and there is a good chance they won't be getting many games early on. If they are home with their family and friends it will be a lot easier to deal with then if they were from interstate.

The fact that most of our draftees need development makes picking local products + tassie boy without go home factor a smart move .

Even treacy needs a couple of years development as his draft weakness is endurance.

The boys know that they will probably spending a few years playing for the beagles but have their family and friends to support them

BOND 007

Hey BOND, what's the knock on Darcy Chirgwin? Good height and weight, strong inside, could be the redden replacement. He was overlooked by every club.
Maybe also has something to do with his apparent lack of kicking efficiency. Considering how much we supposedly value drafting players with good kicking skills, probably unlikely that we would've considered him if this is true.

Whilst his inside game is as good as nearly anyone’s, Chirgwin does have the outside impact to build upon. His kicking could certainly improve, averaging 48 per cent by foot in season 2019 for the NAB League. It is natural for players with such a heavy reliance on inside ball to be less effective on the outside, but nonetheless, Chirgwin could build that area up if he can work on becoming an equally damaging outside midfielder.

Last edited:
So do we think we will offer Pickett a shot? I reckon if we did it would cap off a pretty strong draft considering the picks we had. Do we think he could step up and do Willie's role and rotate into the middle coming off a fwd pocket or hff? Or does he have no tank?

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we have only one SPP spot available on our list?

Would love both Pickett AND McKenzie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back