List Mgmt. Draft Part 3- Post Draft Edition: Has pace, good kick

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if this has been said already but here it goes. Ok so I am going to chuck a curve ball into the 3 players that we could be looking at for spp or ssp or whatever. Simpson was pretty cagey about the three boys that were coming to train with us which I think is kinda weired (considering they would normally be low profile) and maybe a shock or surprise is in order. Considering he had just been up visiting Willie and he said his "family", maybe just maybe he spoke with Cyril while he was up there? Maybe finding a replacement rioli while Willie is serving his time? Thoughts? How old would Cyril be?

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was thinking of suggesting the same thing myself but very tongue in cheek

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd honestly be pretty upset if we pick McKenzie over Pickett. Pickett a year older and has shown a tiny bit at AFL level after being a high draft pick. Even with his injury history, he is way more enticing than some unknown SANFL reserves player.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if this has been said already but here it goes. Ok so I am going to chuck a curve ball into the 3 players that we could be looking at for spp or ssp or whatever. Simpson was pretty cagey about the three boys that were coming to train with us which I think is kinda weired (considering they would normally be low profile) and maybe a shock or surprise is in order. Considering he had just been up visiting Willie and he said his "family", maybe just maybe he spoke with Cyril while he was up there? Maybe finding a replacement rioli while Willie is serving his time? Thoughts? How old would Cyril be?

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Haha love the optimism.
If we had Cyril we wouldn't bother with trialing the other 2 blokes

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd honestly be pretty upset if we pick McKenzie over Pickett. Pickett a year older and has shown a tiny bit at AFL level after being a high draft pick. Even with his injury history, he is way more enticing than some unknown SANFL reserves player.

Agree. Especially after comments from McKenzie's coach:

"To this point, he's been pretty inconsistent, but he's certainly got enough talent.
"It's whether he's prepared to work hard enough."

Pickett has talent and has a higher chance of playing Round 1 in 2020 having proven himself at AFL level. No brainer.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree. Especially after comments from McKenzie's coach:

"To this point, he's been pretty inconsistent, but he's certainly got enough talent.
"It's whether he's prepared to work hard enough."

Pickett has talent and has a higher chance of playing Round 1 in 2020 having proven himself at AFL level. No brainer.
Yeah not the most glowing reference

Which makes me think picking him is exactly what Crazy Vozzo will do

Came here just to ask this.

From what we currently know, who would people prefer we gave the last spot on our list to, Pickett or Mckenzie?

Think i prefer Pickett myself. He's not great, plus he's injury prone, but at least he's done some things at the top level. Mckenzie seems to have a pretty bland CV for Centrals, he's hardly dominating.

Don't think either will see much gametime considering we've got Cameron and Treacy now.

Personally i don't think there's anything particularly appealing about Nick Robertson either. Hutchings should be the mature midfielder in the WAFL in 2020.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Hutchings should be the mature midfielder in the WAFL in 2020.

I don't think Hutchy even let himself have a post-season beer. Looks in good nick

Screenshot_20191204-085811.png

joeyavalanche

Premiership Player
May 30, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Came here just to ask this.

From what we currently know, who would people prefer we gave the last spot on our list to, Pickett or Mckenzie?

Think i prefer Pickett myself. He's not great, plus he's injury prone, but at least he's done some things at the top level. Mckenzie seems to have a pretty bland CV for Centrals, he's hardly dominating.

Don't think either will see much gametime considering we've got Cameron and Treacy now.

Personally i don't think there's anything particularly appealing about Nick Robertson either. Hutchings should be the mature midfielder in the WAFL in 2020.

Surely Pickett is the better option here.
Has the talent and has been in the system. I’d back our indigenous boys to embrace him and being back home, hopefully he starts to thrive.

Keep in mind, footy comes easy to some of these elite draft talents, it’s not til they get to the AFL that they realize the game is one part and the training and commitment is just as important. Some players just take 4-5 seasons to adjust to that mindset and realize it can all be over in a flash, hopefully Pickett is at this crossroad and is ready to put in the hard yards.

But McKenzie must have something to show if we’ve specifically singled him out. Unless we just like having a McKenzie on the list 🤷🏻‍♂️

Robertson only got a gig at Brisbanewhen Mitch Robinson was injured, is this where our club is really at?

Robertson only got a gig at Brisbanewhen Mitch Robinson was injured, is this where our club is really at?
I was under the impression Robertson was playing a bit more as a defender with Robbo a bit further up the ground. In either case, I don't think that's a reason not to pick him. He'd add some campaigner and positional flexibility to the list, as well as offering protection to our young Beagles mids.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I was under the impression Robertson was playing a bit more as a defender with Robbo a bit further up the ground. In either case, I don't think that's a reason not to pick him. He'd add some campaigner and positional flexibility to the list, as well as offering protection to our young Beagles mids.
Did a great job on Whitfield in the final albeit Whit was possibly on 1.5 legs

Back