drafting and trading 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we though???

But yes it has to be with the second pick
I disagree .......Tippett will remain on the list till AFL decides ...probably in time for PSD

One of Callinan or Joyce will be left to PSD ......if you like one out (Tippett), one in (Callinan / Joyce)
IMO it'll be Joyce to be picked up in PSD and #20 & # 53 will be live picks with the 3rd pick in ND for callinan

Found this interesting. Candidate for our last rookie spot. Wouldn't hurt to have a young midfielder with promise like him kicking around the SANFL this year, unless there is a KPD we're dead keen on.

Addy 15/11/12 said:
385617-hayden-jolly.jpg

FORMER Glenelg junior Hayden Jolly will play his footy back the Bay next season after being delisted Gold Coast.
Jolly signed with the Tigers last week and coach Kris Massie said he would bolster his club's midfield stocks.
Link

I disagree .......Tippett will remain on the list till AFL decides ...probably in time for PSD

One of Callinan or Joyce will be left to PSD ......if you like one out (Tippett), one in (Callinan / Joyce)
IMO it'll be Joyce to be picked up in PSD and #20 & # 53 will be live picks with the 3rd pick in ND for callinan

My thoughts too.

I was saying it would have to be no sooner then 54. Ie. Not at 20.

Callinan is already committed to our 3rd pick as a rookie upgrade, his selection in the draft is a mere formality.

So after 73 pages how is the scoreboard looking?

Well almost everyone predicted the retirement of Doughty, the delisting of Symes and the free agency move by Knights. Some predicted that Kurt would also be leaving (well I certainly did) but what about the other predictions?

Tambling was supposedly a certainty to be delisted and he was going to be joined by Martin, Jaensch, Petrenko, Luke Thompson, Riley, Grigg, Ellis Yolmen and Joyce.

And then there were the players we were going to trade; Douglas, Henderson, Otten and McKernan. There were even a few space travellers suggesting that Johnstone and Lynch would be one year wonders.

Now that all of these players are going to remain in the tricolour, any chance of an apology?

I'm looking at you Vader.
Tambling's departure was always predicated on him coming out of contract this year. Turns out that he was contracted for 2013, which caught most of us by surprise.

The only player I stated as a "certainty" of going, who remains, is Tambling. The rest of the players listed were on the "at risk" list, dependent upon the number of selections the club wanted to use at draft time. The Tippett thing really screwed things up for the club. Not only did it foul up any chance of other trades going through, we also came out with a far weaker draft position than anyone would have envisaged going into trade week. In any case, Joyce has now been delisted (as a direct result of Tippettgate), justifying his position on the "at risk" list.

You can go back as many posts as you like, but I always said that one of Tippett & McKernan would be going. Tippett's departure (yet to eventuate) meant that McKernan's position became considerably safer.

How about an apology from you, AFGM, for misrepresenting my position for the 50th time this year?

Anyone else want to rookie draft Garlett if he's available at our pick? If it doesn't work we wasted a rookie pick for 1 year, if it does work than we essentially leave this draft with 2 top-10 talents (Crouch, Garlett), plus another 2 quality picks for needs in Siggins and Atkins in a draft where we gave in our 1st 2 picks.

Anyone else want to rookie draft Garlett if he's available at our pick? If it doesn't work we wasted a rookie pick for 1 year, if it does work than we essentially leave this draft with 2 top-10 talents (Crouch, Garlett), plus another 2 quality picks for needs in Siggins and Atkins in a draft where we gave in our 1st 2 picks.
Looks like he's going to Essendon I read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back